Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Habitats size?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zophie
Fruit Fly
Fruit Fly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Habitats size? Reply with quote
Hi!

I´m just wondering about the size of the habitats? How much space do the animals have? It´s difficult to figure out just see them through the cameras and I couldn´t see any information about it.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The habitats are huge !!! And the State rules for housing 2 tigers or 2 Lions are 10' wide x 24' long which is 240 sq ' so these are WAY WAY WAY above that !!! hehe !!! Would you beleave for 2 Lemurs it's only 4' x 5' x 6' ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Zophie. Good question. Last week Dave handed me the plans Jason drew of the Sanctuary gounds and overall habitat layout. As soon as things are in order with the new SP Webcams I'll scan this and post it somewhere. I believe it shows the dimensions.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
that does not show dimemsions it just an over all layout of most of the habitats !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to say SURPISES are on the way Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation hehe Exclamation
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Surprises Reply with quote
Two cams fixed, new cougar cams and Ihop cams, and MORE SURPRISES. WOW - wonder what could be in store for us Question Dave just loves doing this to us, doesn't he Exclamation Wink And we love it Exclamation
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love this stuff and it's so much fun and i enjoy working it's just the amount of money that it takes is what's killing me !!! Not the work or the animals or the surprises it's all about what everything cost and you guy already know I put everything I have into this and every dime that I get from you guys all goes right here to make this the best sanctuary and online educational animals cam site on the internet !!! (which by the way it's already there hehe ) !!!

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH and i always give it my best efforts no matter what !!!!!

And i want to thank everyone for all your susport !!!
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Zophie,

Ace1fan and I are working on a project for members to better visualze the Sanctuary layout and webcam placement. Right now is version 1 in PDF format without the cams. As soon as there is an update this will be posted on the cams page.

Sorry it's taken so long to post this:

Version I TIGERHOMES SANCTUARY GROUNDS & CAM DIAGRAM
Arrow http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/tigerhomes-habitats.pdf

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader:
Arrow http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

gloria2
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow - Thank You Alex & Ace1fan for the layout - I just printed it off, and it is really different that what I was trying to imagine (you have no idea how I had it laid out in my mind). This is great - thanks so much!!!
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Layout Reply with quote
Amazing and way cool Exclamation So excited Exclamation Going to print it out and study it and really get to know the place. Thank you so much, Ace and Alex, for your time devoted to this. Are we spoiled - you bet Exclamation
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome for sure....great job! Just one....little....quick question....I don't know, maybe Im tired and not looking at this right.....but who or what is a "Howdy" habitat? Shocked Embarassed
gloria2
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great question Kitty - I was wondering the same thing. Also had another question or two, well maybe even 3 - why are the B/W Lemurs so separated (ie Bijou & Stitch - maybe don't get along with Echo & Shredder???) Also, the Ring Tail Lemur just had another baby, but that mother wasn't separated from the rest of the lemurs like I-Hop is - can you help me understand why - just curious questions. Thanks in advance.
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Howdy Habitat Reply with quote
I seem to recall something about a place where they "introduce" some of the animals to the rest of the habitat before they actually put them in there. Not sure, but something along those lines.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
B/W lemurs build nest and R/T the babies spend from the very first moment riding on their mothers ! Howdy means howdy doody which means a places to introduce one animal to another which gives them time to get used to each other without putting them together right away ! A HOWDY DOODY CAGE !!! hehe !!! and another thing that's a great mape but it's not perfect to scale or exact (but close)but it just gives you guys a good (GREAT) idea how everything is laid out !!! remember this the middle of the property is open and habitats are on both sides as you walk down the middle !!! GREAT JOB ALEX and ACE you guys blow me away with that !!! hehe !!!

Lemurs live in troops and it's almost impossible to introduce a new member because they will most likely gang up on it in a matter of secounds and we will be going to the VETS for lots of stitches so not all the lemurs can be put together matter of fact the R/t will still to this day beat each other up one day and cuddle the nexts look again at behind the sences and they been the same troop from day one !! LITTLE MONSTERS !!! hehe !!!
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Lovey Dovey Lemurs Reply with quote
Dave gave us the answer - HOWDY DOODY Cool

Here is that link from Behind the Scenes "Lemur Politics" that Jason wrote for us awhile back:

http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/backstage/lemur-politics-2.cfm

Those Lemur teeth are
RAZOR SHARP Exotics and all - did you see those wounds and stitches Question OUCH Exclamation

You guys are going to love this - after one instance (perhaps this one) a recovering Lemur was in the Howdy Habitat. Dave did something we did NOT expect. He put ALL THE LEMURS IN THE HOWDY HABITAT WITH HER Twisted Evil After a little while he let them ALL go into the main habitat together. They forgot there was ever even a battle - just all lovey dovey like nothing ever happened Wink

Ace
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: