Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Ice and Snow Member Photographs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Webcam Snapshots & Member Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowlady444
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well we are socked in with an ice storm, have had drizzling rain off and on all day, it's now getting foggy
and we are supposed to have more of the same tonite! Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
SnowLady444
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brrrrrr Embarassed . No snow here, but it's cold. (well, to me anyway...lol) Right now temps in the mid 30's and we have people in Ky who are getting 6-8" of snow as we speak. And they're only 70 miles or so above where I'm at..Shocked Good thing about living here in Middle TN....we're usually right on the border of the weather systems that come thru, so we usually miss the snow for the biggest part. Well, guess you'll have to stay inside with something warm to drink and you can take some pics from your window! LOL! Laughing

Oh, and I finally got half a day off Rolling Eyes so I was checking the animal cams out at that site you posted, Ruth. Kept missing the Clouded Leopard Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but I did catch the two tigers being alittle frisky today! Laughing Laughing
snowlady444
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well just listened to the weather report, supposed to have up to 1/2 inch of ice by morning, will be lucky if we still have power Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
we have freezing rain right now. We are normally on the border of it but this time we are going to get it all. Used to live in Ky. they always get tons of snow..lol.

Kitty I hope you get to see the clouded leopards they are so pretty. That camera is on their sleeping spot I think, because there is straw thrown down.
You have gotten to see more than me as far as the tigers are concerned , I never get to see them. I would love to have gotten to see them. Laughing Laughing
Sure do miss ours, hope they are doing all right too.
SnowLady444
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're telling me! LOL! Definitely missing ours for sure and nothing out there even compares to our TH cams. Laughing
I miss seeing my Loki and Tundra, and the Black and Whites, and Sampson and Midnight, and....well, you get the picture. Sad
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
well we are socked in with an ice storm, have had drizzling rain off and on all day, it's now getting foggy
and we are supposed to have more of the same tonite!

Where do you live Snowlady? We have the same miserable weather right now. I really want to go get something from the store just 2 blocks away and take my little cat out for a walk - but after watching other pedestrians tipping / skiing across the street - I think NOT!

BTW - Your name reminds me that we haven't had a good snow here in D.C. this year. I love the snow - and am feeling rippd-off! Confused Laughing

V

snowlady444
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I live close to Branson, Missouri Vlad. You are alot farther north than me evidently, we rarely get snow ( maybe a couple inches a winter), it's usually ice instead.
I was going to upload a couple of pictures I got today of the ice outside but imageshack wasn't co-operating, has it gone to pay, anyone know? I tried 2 or 3 times but no dice.
SnowLady444
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Ruth that problem with Imageshack Ive found it does give a lot of trouble sometimes thats why Ive now switched to using Photobucket it seems a much better place and so much quicker and easier to upload photos as well and its all free Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snowlady444
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks so much Sue, I tried it, so here goes with a couple of pictures from the ice storm from out of the window ...lol.

Arrow http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh8/snowlady444/?action=view&current=100_2375.jpg
Arrow http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh8/snowlady444/?action=view&current=100_2374-1.jpg

Very cold bird...lol
SnowLady444
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad it worked for you Ruth and love those pictures brrrrrrr it sure looks cold feel sorry for that little bird but I suppose he is used to it Laughing Laughing
I prefer the weather nice and warm and dry makes people smile more Laughing Laughing Laughing
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whoa! Shocked We weren't quite that bad. I just saw guys skiing across Connecticut Ave. here in DC.

Great pics Ruth! Thanks for sharing them. Amazing that you caught that little bird sitting in that tree full of ice! (Hehe - I'm about to go outside in a minute - but it isn't THAT cold here today. In fact, it was rather nice.)

I wonder how they keep their little bird feet warm when it is that cold out? There are few things cuter to me than bird feet... Smile

Take Care & Be Safe,

V

snowlady444
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing I'd rather be skiing than slipping and sliding any day, at least I could put a pole down and stop!!!! I can definitely do without all the ice.
You probably get tons of snow up that way, huh?
Anyway , thank heavens it has all melted off again for awhile. I get alot of pictures just out of my front windows of all the wildlife.
Here is another couple of pics . I normally have a yard full of these on the first day of hunting season, they seem to know where it's safe!!!! Very Happy

Arrow http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh8/snowlady444/?albumview=slideshow

I'll add more as I find the pics.
SnowLady444
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Pictures of cute lil' animals Reply with quote
Those were BEAUTIFUL Exclamation

What a nice view you have!

It is fun looking out the window at the city - but it doesn't begin to compare to a view like that.

YES! Please share more of these with us. I used to go deer-watching with a friend of mine and I really loved it! They're so beautiful and seem so innocent.

Thanks so much for sharing these. Mr. Green

V

ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Ice Castles Trees Reply with quote
Ruth these are also fantastic pictures. I love the ice storm photos with the trees glistening. Now come to see the contrast and stunning colors of the tiny bluebird perched on those branches was really an amazing shot. I hope you get to enter that one into a photo contest one day.

Speaking of which I am with the others here in going ahead to sign up so I can cast my vote for your cougar picture. No stuffing the ballot box here - it deserves 5 stars.

Wondered today if you put a salt lick out for the deer this time of year Question
Great they have safe haven & how lucky they are to find their way to you.
Thanks for sharing your world with us.

Ace
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes Ruth love those pictures you have a fantastic big yard and its so great that the animals come to you for a safe haven pity they havent more of those sort of places to go where they now humans will help them and not harm them and Im so glad the photobucket proved to work for you Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing please keep the pictures coming I just love seeing pictures Laughing Laughing

OH WOW I JUST NOTICED IVE MORFED INTO A HAIRY TARANTULA AND I DONT LIKE THOSE THINGS AT ALL IM GOING TO HAVE TO POST LOTS TO GET RID OF IT Laughing Laughing Laughing
Angrod Saralonde
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great pics, snowlady. Smile
I remember in NRW was a "snowchaos" at the 26th and 27th november 2005. The fallen snow was... much. Laughing Some power poles could not sustain the weight of the snow and they broke Arrow blackout in many villiages and towns, but my house had mercifully still electric current.
My father took a few pictures of the snow in our garden:

Direct: http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/308/dscn0010ym4.jpg

Direct: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/961/dscn0013cf5.jpg
7 days to the poison
And a place in heaven
Time drawing near as they come to take us

by Nightwish - "7 Days to the wolves"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Webcam Snapshots & Member Art All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: