Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Roy was NOT attacked on stage by the tiger
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would love to see the look on your face when the Tiger that is 5 time bigger and about 100 times stronger knocks you down and is standing over top of you !!! No magic (animal) power is going to save you !!! hehe !!! Laughing !!!!

Now maybe if it was your cat that you have had from a baby then yes you might be OK a few times but if you did it everyday I know for a fact they will scare the life right out of you and if you manage to survive you will for sure be scared the next time you are in with that so called pet !!!

it not about them thinking you are going to harm them because they already know you are nothing for them to fear because they can kill you with a blink of an eye !!! You are a peaon next to them !!! hehe !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I`m not talking about any magical powers, and even that i have them, i`m talking that we have to respect animals and they wil not atack you.
Abaut going to someone habitat is foolish move, because they will 100% atack you. You where atacked by midnight because you where first to her at the moment and whe was feeling in dangered ( especially with that pain in her stomach ).
GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tigerdave wrote:
I would love to see the look on your face when the Tiger that is 5 time bigger and about 100 times stronger knocks you down and is standing over top of you !!! No magic (animal) power is going to save you !!! hehe !!! Laughing !!!!

there is no such cat Smile you didnt see me Smile
1.94m high and 98Kg weight if you wish i can post you my picture Smile
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you are misunderstanding I was not attacked by Midnight at all through all of her surgery and recovery matter of fact she was in my house !!! Smile !!!

and by the way A tiger is bigger and stronger then you no matter how big you are SILLY !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know they are bigger and strnger than me, but my agility is high as all of my skils. I`training to be an parkour.
http://parkour.net/modules/videos/

For example:
http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/02/ninja.html

Btw i must go sleep now it is 2.00
cya 2morow!!!.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
that so cool !!! I LOVE ALL THAT KINDA STUFF !!! but sorry that does not help with their teeth and their claws and their power and speed and no matter how fast you are or quick or strong you are no match for them !!! and forget trying to out run them or leap farther or jump higher there is no getting away if they want you and they can want you just playing and that along will hurt you or kill you and it's one thing to be in good sharp but it's another thing to have your leg or arm or neck in their throat and we are not even talking about their claws that rip you wide open and then what do you do ? One thing for sure you better not panic because if you do you will for sure then be killed !!! I am not trying to scare you I am only telling you the truth and once you understand you are no match for them and never will be and that they will never be your pet then only then do you stand a chance with any of these BIG CATS !!!
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Ok, as you wisn no need to argue about that :. We are all friends here, aren`t we???

Hi Goof

One thing we usually expect from friends is the truth. What Smilodon told you was the truth. So I thought that was very friendly of him. Smile

I noticed the picture you posted from the Tigers for Tomorrow website. Did you get the chance to read what they think about big cat ownership? Here's their statement and a link to what they thing about this.

"Tigers For Tomorrow Exotic Animal Preserve, Inc. (TFT) does not promote private ownership."
http://www.tigersfortomorrow.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=40

Another statement from Tigers for Tomorrow.
"They are wild animals. You cannot make them pets."
http://www.tigersfortomorrow.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=40

The woman in the picture with the tiger understands that the tiger who is posing with her could kill her in a few seconds, with no warning if she does the wrong thing around it.

That is one fact that Roy can never argue - because he experienced it! Years and years of tiger handling experience and he made one wrong move and the tiger nearly killed him and crippled him for life! It wasn't personal for the tiger. Just instinct! Montecore was being himself - WILD!

Roy had probably made "kissy face" with that same tiger and scrubbed it behind the ears and petted it. But all of that was erased the second the right conditions were present - and Roy almost died for one small simple mistake!

No question - these guys were good at handling tigers or they would have been dead long ago. HOWEVER - with little warning - a tiger they had raised almost killed one of them. Big cats are like loaded guns. Only you don't always know exactly what will pull their trigger and make them explode into deadly action.

Dave & Jason have many years of animal handling experience between them, and they have the scars to prove it! Pets don't scar up their owners!

Tigers have no problem biting off an arm - which they can do very easily. Read Big Cat Rescue's "Big Cat News." Lots of people in there with arms gone missing. Some of them died.
http://www.bigcatrescue.org/big_cat_news.htm

Also from the Big Cat Rescue Website:
"Consider also that nature has hard wired exotic cats in such a way that once they are mature they no longer feel any love for their mother and if they run into her in the wild will kill her for the territory. Even if you raised them with all of the love and nurturing that their natural mother would provide (and she would die to protect them) they will not feel love, nor respect for you as the parent when they are full grown. Thousands of years of instincts tell them that you are competition and that their survival depends on them being solitary."
http://www.bigcatrescue.org/buy_a_big_cat.htm

From the Tigerhomes website (by Jason Abels):
"No matter whether you are Hand Rearing Tigers or Bottle Feeding Leopards you can never forget that these creatures are Wild Animals and Not Pets! As cute as they are you can NEVER forget that fact. One of the most common questions David and I get is, “If you raise them from a cub will they be tame and trustworthy”? Our answer is always the same, NO!!!!!!!!! A tiger will always be a tiger, a leopard will always be a leopard and the Ruffed Lemur will always be a Ruffed Lemur!"
http://www.tigerhomes.org/bottle-feeding/bottle-feeding-exotics-2.cfm

Just some things to think about. Tigers for Tomorrow may want to think about changing the pics they posted with their position statements. Those pics really don't go with the reality of owning a tiger. Sure - you MIGHT have some moments like that - and you also might die horribly with little warning, killed by your "pet"...

There are tons of stories from big cat owners themselves, whose "pets" tried to kill them or family members and friends with no warning. So don't be fooled by the cuddly looking pics you may see on some web sites! Would you want to trust an animal that can crack a bowling ball with its teeth or break your jaw just by swatting you in annoyance?

V

LOL!! It took me WAY TOO LONG to type this post! Laughing I see Dave already told you the truth about this as only he can tell it - VERY DIRECT and STRAIGHT TO THE POINT!

kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow! Awesome posts in here....wtg Val & TD! Loved your post Val and it is so true! OMG....just thinking about the damage that could be done in a heartbeat....I dont care what kind of "magic" a person may think they have with any kind of animals, i have to agree with TD on this one...NO WAY would it work with the big cats.....I know one thing...you won't catch our play-doh baby doing this with Loki or Tundra! Its pic's like this one that set out a bad examples to people and make them think otherwise about these WILD animals!
http://tinyurl.com/k8qmo

Sure, its a cute pic, but would you ever catch me giving Loki or any other tiger a squeeze like this! Hehe....I don't think so....just look at the size of that one! Shocked
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey J and I have pictures with all the animals over the years and Alex still has video to put up showing you guys that yes we can do the same thing for the camera or for a video clip remember we work education and lectures and comercials and photo shoots etc etc etc and did just about anything you can think of with the guys we got our experience from and on that same note we can tell you story of near death and major problems and talk about them for hours and hours and beleave me when i say this Jason has some real scary stories alot more then me ! He work for many years with a couple different handler and educators with all types of animals and did that a lot longer then I and he will tell you first hand THEY ARE NOT PETS !!! hehe !!! We are about as good as it gets and we both learn from one same guy name Mark at different times and Mark was hard core and the list of things that went wrong when dealing with these big animals is just amazing !!! We are all VERY LUCKY TO BE ALIVE and to BE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT THEM !!!! We took these animals everywhere and I mean everywhere !!! We have years of experences and not for one minute when ever we deal with these cats do we ever forget that it could be our last time ! And that's what has saved us over the years !!! I have been VERY VERY VERY lucky to not to have gotten badly hurt by any of the CATs yet (knok on wood hehe!) but I have come close many many times and it happens when you least expect it or when you forget what you are dealing with and you think you have everything under control !!! Today and yesterday I was walking the sanctuary with a limp and with the Crutches and the Cats that love me were all stalling me and Marcan wanted to kill me right away and I am the same person that walks this Sanctuary everyday for years and I feed them and take care of them but the fact that I was doing it these days with a limp and with crutches made all the difference in the world and they forgot who i was and all they wanted was to attack me and they looked at me total different with "lets jump this limping NERD" !!!! LOL !!!
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Today and yesterday I was walking the sanctuary with a limp and with the Crutches and the Cats that love me were all stalling me and Marcan wanted to kill me right away and I am the same person that walks this Sanctuary everyday for years and I feed them and take care of them but the fact that I was doing it these days with a limp and with crutches made all the difference in the world and they forgot who i was and all they wanted was to attack me and they looked at me total different with "lets jump this limping NERD" !!!! LOL !!!

Theres a big shocker! Shocked Shocked Shocked This I never would have guessed or thought about. I'd heard many times that falling or tripping around them could get you killed - but this is something that never crossed my mind!

Because they saw you limping - their instincts for attacking wounded prey immediately kicked in? And you were being stalked? Shocked The learning really is endless in here! Thank you for sharing that with us - as scary as it is!

Shocked

P.S. Sis - I wonder how many people have been hurt of killed because they thought of tigers as big dogs with claws? So true what you said about that pic. I was cracking up watching that awesome martial arts vid! I used to watch those for hours - but this time - I kept remembering seeing how Clarence could get his 600+ pounds airborne like he had springs in his legs. And he was just playing with Gypsy. If he ever wanted to jump someone and meant business... I don't even want to think about it. He'd catch that awesome little guy in the vid in mid-flip & "KA-SNAP!" - show over!

kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Sis! My guess would be Quite afew people....I don't think alot of people realize just how huge most of these tigers are...unless they've ever seen one in real life, it's hard to get the feel of just how big we are talking here....and the size of those paws! OMG! And I love martial arts and kickboxing too, and am a huge fan, but even the best of the best don't stand a chance with these animals! Hehe...I think I'll stick with just giving "Virtual kisses and hugs" to Loki and the others...hehe.. Rolling Eyes Laughing
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have clips that Alex will put up one day and it will show you just how big they are with me standing next to them ! We have clips of me with Clarance and Gypsy and you guys will die to see exactly how big these tigers really are !!! there is no way you get away if they deside to mess with you !!! hehe !!!
DuFresne
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excuse me, but... What are you saying, GooF?

First of all I think you could never sleep with a tiger... Some time ago I had a dog who slept with me in my own bed, but a tiger will never do that... Why? Well, because tigers have al least one instinct much more developed than dogs and that is, aggressiveness, above all talking about territories... Most of the dogs have no problem about sharing their own space with others, animals or persons, but tigers have a very different character... Your idea of to be totally free will not ever change, isn't it? Tigers think the same that you! If a tiger has a bone and you approach him, you'll die, it's clear as water...

And... Do you mean that 2 little jums will help you with the tigers? But do you want to approach to them or to run away from them? Anyway, if any day I go to Miami (I've family there, so get ready! haha), I'm sure that my black belt in judo will be useful... I couldn't ever immobilize a tiger and if I were immobilizing Tundra, Loki would eat me! hahaha!! Be that as it may, I think whatever you know couldn't help you... The first thing to do would be to move away your arm from her/him mouth, and after that, run away! hehe, but... I think no one of us has enough reflexes for dodge that bite! lol...

Greetings ^_^
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: