Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Roy was NOT attacked on stage by the tiger
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siegnroyfan
Human Tourist
Human Tourist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Roy was NOT attacked on stage by the tiger Reply with quote
I new to this board and I must tell you that I am a BIG Siegfried and Roy fan. I have been one since 1999. I did not like one bit the post about them. One thing Roy was NOT attacked on stage by the tiger. What happened was that he had a minor stroke and the tiger saw that he was in trouble and wne to help him.

I also think giving me money to the Orphange in Romania is a very wonderful and worthy cause.

Christy
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well if you beleave that story (because that what that was a story)then that good for you but for me that is not what happen and Tigers are not PETS and that was an attack plain and simple !!! And I for one is glade that their tigers no longer are made to go on stage 3 x a day 360 days a year for the 16 years !!!

there were witnesses and they all said the tiger was not happy and Roy pop the tiger on the nose a few times with his mick and then turned his back and that's when the tiger bit him and to this day they will not release the footage of the show to the police because then it would tell a different story !!! But the people that were there knows the truth and they have been interview after the accident and they all said the same thing the tiger was not happy and was giving Roy problems that he could not stop and now it's over !!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerallied

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello and wellcome to the forum

what i have to say is that i think that all the members here agree whit Dave for the simple reasone that tigers are not meant to entertain, anyway not in the way that thows guys do it, they put out grand shows but they don;t realy think that thows animals suffer from it ...
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Poor Tiger Conservation Message Reply with quote
Hi Christy & Welcome to the Forum!

Part of the beauty of forums is that they are places where we can all share & discuss different points of view & learn and grow together. So I really DO appreciate your having the courage to share a different point of view - although I'm sure that by now you are aware that your point of view on this particular issue is not shared by most other members of this forum.

That being said - I can't agree with you either. Here are my reasons:

Big Cats as Pets or Entertainers
Exotic felines, by nature abhor crowds of people, fire, load noises & generally don't take to being bossed around by humans, who for the greater cats (tigers are considered members of the greater cats) are viewed merely as competitors or menu items in the wild.

We Kid Ourselves...
One of the greatest delusions which those who love the big cats fall prey to (pardon the pun) - the nexus of which is human conceit & fantasy - is that we are capable of forming truly trusting bonds with these beautiful killing machines! That is what tigers do - they hunt & kill and they are perfectly designed to do so! Animals that are predators come amply equipped to predate. In the case of the tiger - huge sharp canines & claws as well as the speed, power & agility to subdue even large prey!

Our Love for Tigers Doesn't Change What They Are
I LOVE tigers & they have been my very favorite animal since I can remember. Their beauty, power and grace is just mezmerizing. The way they move, the way they sound - everything about them is so majestic & awe inspiring. Tigers have their own special magic - and if only for THAT reason, we should seek to preserve them in the wild. But there are so many other reasons... They are apex predators who serve a very important role, as do all creatures, in the ecosystems they inhabit. Tigers also have the same rights as any other living creature to be treated with respect & dignity and allowed to live out their lives in the wild where they belong!

They Don't Belong in People's Daily Lives
Here's the part that is difficult for many folks to swallow: They don't belong in our lives as pets or animal entertainers and were not made for either purpose. Tigers are totally unsuitable for close human contact! They are wild animals, who during our lifetime - will never become tame enough for us to trust as animal companions. Domestication takes place over 100's & thousands of years - and neither you or I will live to look upon a domesticated tiger.

A Disservice to the Big Cats & to People
We do the big cats & our fellow humans a great disservice when we portray them as something that they are not. If we dare to portray tigers as anything other than fearfully & wonderfully made top predators - we place our fellow humans at risk. We humans love to conquer & subdue everything in sight! Some believe that through love and proper conditioning, we are capable of convincing tigers to suppress their wild instincts to the point where they become trusted companions, unwilling to ever harm their human caretakers! NOT!!!

Bad Conservation Message
The portrayal of tigers as anything other than what they are - flies in the face of what most consider to be sound conservation practices. Contact with humans, through encroachment on the tigers' natural habitat, predation from poachers, superstition, fear, conflict with humans living near tigers, the exotic pet trade and the exploitation of these fabulous predators as animal entertainers - have collectively served to threaton the very existence of tigers in the wild and condemned them to extermination - or miserable lives in captivity! Nature provides everything a tiger needs! We humans have to work like mad and spend tons of money to simulate that and provide happy lives for these big cats. Even then - nature has us beat - HANDS DOWN!

I write these comments in the sincere hope that, athough you are a fan of Seigfried & Roy - that perhaps you will one day become AN EVEN BIGGER FAN OF TIGERS and understand how ultimately - although they love them (and I have no problem believing they do), and may have had the best intentions - tigers overall were poorly served by the Seigfried & Roy show...

kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ditto, Val!! Awesome post for sure and I totally agree....and I'm sure there are many more out there who do to. TD has told us time and time again that Tigers are wild and they can't be treated as pets, nor were they born to be so. I have no doubt either that S&F loved their tigers too, but in my eyes, to really love them is to let them be where they belong and that is not on stage in front of hundreds of people. People who TRULY love tigers believe that they should remain out in the wild and not in someone's apartment in NYC or in there back yard in Vegas. Rolling Eyes Tigers weren't created to jump thru hoops in the circus and walk around on stage so the other guys can get rich. This has always made me totally )&*#%$#! Those people need to get a clue and we need to do what we can to save the ones that are left in the wild and make sure they stay out in the wild where they belong and where they were born to roam FREE and WILD! Smile
Janice
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool I couldn't agree more with you Vlad. They will always be wild first. I remember when Roy was attacked, my brother remarked, perhaps, that Montecore was tired of performing. Secondary, who in the right mind would sleep with tigers. Very true. Who's orphanage in Romania is it. Siegfried's sister Dolores???? Hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
First you can't sleep with a tiger !!! People will beleave anything and goes to show you all they were about was telling people that they are their pets and it's safe to sleep with them etc etc etc !!! Evil or Very Mad !!!

Those guys should be ashamed of themself for preaching that and doing no education at all !!! It was all about the money and entertaining and making tigers perform on stage while they get rich from it !!!

I ask you guys this :

what would those guys be without the tigers ?

Would we care about them at all ?

would they be making 48 million dollars a year for 16 years without those tigers ?

I for one have said this before but will say it again I am glade their tiger shows for money are over Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coleman
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Wild Cats are NOT Pets! Reply with quote
I just read these forum messages about the tigers. I totally agree: Tigers are NOT cute, cuddly pets! They are wild and can turn vicious at a second's notice!

I've made a notebook of all my research on the cat families. I've intentionally included a photo page of the down side and the bloody side of keeping and working with wild cats- just as a reminder that these beautiful cats are wild, not tame. They will never be tame.

Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with everything said here- when I first heard the explanation that the tiger was protecting him I thought, yea, a 7 year old male Bengal tiger would rather treat a human like a cub in distress than prey. Male tigers exploit weak individuals, not defend them. Wink
GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that TD have the most experience, from all of us. Therefore we have to listen to him and agree with him Smile .
But one thing more! there is possibility for togers to domesticate. I belive that you have to know what animal feal, that you can be so close with her. If you are able to do that you can play with every animal you want!!
For example: One of my fathers friends had a dog, tht liked to bite every one he saw, i mean literally ewery one.
I was a littel boy then ( 9 years old ), when i saw that dog for the first time. I was the first and last person that he didnt bite. I know how to deal with him, yust watch him into eys. Not thinking of anything else but on him. The dog realised that i was harmless, and always had a respect to me. After 2 years he wanted to listen only me, and that`s why they put him in sleep Sad .
BTW. the dog was rottweiler.
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The predatory instincts at work in a dog aren't even comparable to those in a tiger. There's no way you would ever be able to truly "domesticate" a tiger, or any other big cat. Rolling Eyes
GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smilodon wrote:
The predatory instincts at work in a dog aren't even comparable to those in a tiger. There's no way you would ever be able to truly "domesticate" a tiger, or any other big cat. Rolling Eyes

Yes that is truth, you cant compare the dog and wild cat.
But ther is possibility to do anything, because everything is possible, even a wooden heater Smile.
Trust me on this one, that animl wouldnt heart me if i decided to come near.
Maby it seams redicules, but im right on this one.

P.S. Tigerdave dont be offended, i know that you where biten by midnight, this has nothing to do with your case!
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In one lifetime you expect you can over-ride powerful instincts that have existed for generations? I would call that impossible.
GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, as you wisn no need to argue about that :. We are all friends here, aren`t we??? Wink

But dont be suprised if you se my picture, like this one Smile
http://www.tigersfortomorrow.org/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=32&page=view&catid=2&PageNo=2&key=24&hit=1
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well good luck walking in any of the cat habitats here Goof !!!! I don't care which one you pick you will for sure get hurt or maybe killed in a matter of minutes without question !!! Matter of fact try walking in with Spock our Caracal !!! hehe !!! People think they have some magical powers with animals (not with preditors like Big cats) and that when the dream is over as they get hurt !!! I am sorry but Goof you would have to change your shorts with just the thoughs of Marcan or clarance walking up to you or for that matter King now midnight will just jump on you so no time to change !!! LOL !!!

Midnight bite was nothing at all and the point I was making is how fast it happens !!! It did not hurt and was a love nip !!!

TIGERS and Lions are not pets and will never be a pet and if you treat them like that you will get hurt or killed sooner or later !!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: