Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

OK, I need your help! Please!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VitaiTiger
Fruit Fly
Fruit Fly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: OK, I need your help! Please! Reply with quote
EDIT: I have no idea which forum this topic should go in, so I made the best guess from the choices.

Ok, within a couple years I plan to have a career working with big cats as a trainer. But I will obviously need as much experience beforehand so that I can go in with at least some shot at starting with a paying job.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: I live in Jacksonville, Florida and I need to find a nearby reserve or sanctuary where I can work or even volunteer work for experience.

I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything nearby. It must be within a reasonable driving distance, maybe even an hour or two, but anything near Jacksonville I want to hear about anyway. Even if it isn't within that driving time. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks to everyone!
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you should look up Fl fish and Game and they should be able to help you if not they do have a list of all the Sanctuaries near you and that should be on their website !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well got all of Midnight's cams working ! had to run new wire and connection for cam 2 and also got all 5 of the lions working including having to run new wire for cam 5 and got Clarence and gypsy cam 3 working which needed new connectors and the rest of the ones just needed rebooting with some having the server locked up so they had to be restarted and formated again !

Anyway did some NERDING on the cams !!! hehe !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Go Dave!! You did all that & cared for the animals too! We really appreciate it! Awesome! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dave dont you ever rest hehehehe and doing all that cam work just so we can see all our little darlings heheheeh and on Boxing Day too hope you at least had your own day on Christmas Day

Thank you so much for making it so much easier for us to see the animals in all the different views
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
to tell you the truth I am burned out !!! hehe !!!
Denise
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dave, would you share how you and the animals spent this Christmas?
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
eat breakfest with the family and came home and worked and then watch the Heat--Laker game and then eat dinner and work in the house cleaning up and watched a movie and went to bed !!!

that was my day !!!
Denise
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, at least you took a little time out for yourself. Hope the kitties got treats too (you know how silly us girls can be!)
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awwwwwwwwwww Dave so sad that you had such a quiet Christmas but then perhaps thats how you wanted it with all the hustle and bustle you been having over the past months.

Hope you enjoyed your game and the Movie and hope Santa gave you some nice prezzies ehehehhehe

Did you remember to kiss all the animals Merry Christmas cos if you didnt Please remember to do it on New Year and hope you have a bit more planned for the New Year celebrations than football and a movie
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
New Years is just another day it is nothing special to me ! and by the way it's just another day to the animals to and with the amount of work here at the Sanctuary that has to get done everyday no matter what holiday it is !!! I do no pay any attention to the hype of New Years or for that matter any holiday it is all the same to me a WORK DAY here at the Sanctuary which by the way I don't mind !!! Now it does mean I hate the fact that the idiots go out drinking all night and shoot off fireworks all around the Sanctuary and the neigbors have partys that do nothing more then upset the animals and give everyone a reason to carry on !!! Jason and i never ever leave our houses on the 4th or New Years so we will be home !!!!
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hehe...Sorry but I have to agree with the play-doh baby on this one....to me the holidays are so over-rated and to me too, they have just become another day and nothing special. So many people try to make such a big deal out of things and it is just so, so over-rated. But it is a new year and a time for new beginnings, and I always look forward to that. Old doors close and new ones will open and I have a great feeling about 2006 for Tigerhomes and i think this is really going to be a great year for you guys!

Tigerhomes rocks and will totally kick butt in 2006! ! Laughing
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes don't get me wrong I am excited about tigerhomes and what we have in store for you guys !!! hehe !!! But for me it will be watching a ball game and locking up the animals and going to bed even before Midnight !!! I am way pass the days of making a big deal out of New Years ! When i first move here before I had all the animals I throw a huge party and we rock this places all night long !!! hehe !!! but those days are long gone now and so are sleeping in til NOON !!!! LOL !!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: