Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Happy Belated Thanksgiving & Site Updates

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Tigerhomes.org Website Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Happy Belated Thanksgiving & Site Updates Reply with quote
Hello everyone Very Happy Just checking in and wanted to wish everyone a happy belated Thanksgiving.

Updates:

We have completed most of the Webcam member admin control panel features to effectively manage the webcam members list and snapshot gallery (aka Webcam Viewer Gallery). The last checks are going into place with regard to the Gallery tomorrow and should allow us to remove any unwanted images like recent 3rd party photos that don't belong in there! Thanks to everyone that reported issues while I was away.

Also the new Tigerhomes.org Monthly Newsletter features are now in testing. We have challenges ahead of us for how to effectively process and send newsletters to all subscribers since the list is rather large and this may cause problems if we are not careful about server connectivity issues during the process of sending the actual newsletters. Still we are moving closer to having everything in place and this is really exciting.

Member Think Tank

Dave has put me in touch with the extremely talented photographer George C. who was responsible for taking some really amazing high resolution photos of the sanctuary animals a while back. I will be meeting with him to start the process of putting together some "new features" for Tigerhomes.org members. If you participated in the Think Tank forum thread (or if you sent me PMs) then you might have some clues about what these new features might be. I want to thank all of you that submitted your ideas and recommendations but I cannot promise when these new features will be available. We are still essentially gathering the resources to make these things happen. I'll post more updates and clues as we move along. Very Happy

Anyway I am really excited about a lot of the changes taking place behind the scenes. A lot of what's happening is website infrastructure related and content management stuff. Once these things are in place the sky is the limit for making more dramatic improvements in other areas.

Thanks everyone for your dedication AND for inspiring us to drive ahead with our mission. I cannot tell you how nice it is to receive the constructive feedback we have been getting lately. Your opinions are golden to us and we will continue to focus on improving features important to our members.

Alex Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Tigerhomes.org Website Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: