Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Questions for Dave
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a question about the heat. Not sure what it is in Florida but it is 100 here & the humidity is extremely high. They actually have a heat advosory out! My question is how do most of the animals there handle the heat or if your humidity gets as high down there. Does it ever get so bad that it bothers them any? Just curious about that! Smile
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well as you have notice the animals aren't as active and they will lay in the shade ! Now this places is hard core with irrigation on top of all the habitats and I leave the slider doors open in all the habitats so the cats can go in the barns and lay on the concreate that why you have not been seeing Clarence and Gypsy that much durning the day and same with the lemurs ! The B/W and R/T will hand out in their lock ups and sleep durning the day !!! Now when I turn on the irrigation and with all the trees and palms and shade the yard cools right down so it not that bad for them !!! But it does slow them down and they don't eat as much either ! My food bill for the Cats is cut in half in the summers they are not near as hungry as in winter or when the temps get cooler ! I just turned off my the spricklers a little while ago which cool everything down ! Take a look at the sanctuary photos if you haven't this places is a jungle and has TONS of shade !!!

Anyone that been here before can't believe how much folliage that's been planted here at the Sanctuary !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Cams Reply with quote
Night lights are on in the Goldens Arrow
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Pave Paradise....... Reply with quote
Thanks for the head's up Barb!! Gotta check it out.

Ace! I read that about the sandstorm a couple days ago! The article I read mentioned the sunrises and sunsets and said that most likely would be the only effect noticed. So it's affecting the temps too huh? Every time I see that U.S. weather map--completely red for HOT everywhere-- on the weather channel I can't help but wonder........Global Warming?

And it does make a huge difference being around greenery and things that don't hold the heat like concrete and asphalt do. Major difference.".......pave paradise, put up a parking lot!" We are putting up too too many and messing up everything.

tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And plants and trees are alot better to look at that for sure !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gosh! Sure hope you won't have to walk around with goggles! Quite a few people have breathing problems and it could really be hazardous for them. Hopefully you get a couple good sunrises/sunsets out of this at least. Be sure to keep that camera lens covered with something Wink

I will hope for a nice good rainstorm for ya after it passes through.

tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey I have not noticed a thing different here at all !!! I don't know what they are saying but I am outside all day and nothing has changed here !
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was wondering about that......nose to the screen trying to see if any fine dusts were settling on anything.......up (briefly) at 5:30 even, to look & see what I could see. Still too dark.........WOW WHAT'S THIS???..........light for Midnight, light for Goldens.....SO COOL! Marcan up and on the prowl. Midnight was stretching and yawning just waking up. Good morning everyone! Very Happy Since 3 hours sleep is not enough for me it was back to sleep at that point, but wanted to say: whatever the reason the lights were on..........THANKS THAT WAS PRETTY NEAT! Glad that the dust storm is apparently missing the sanctuary though.
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought something might be going on. I did notice that Loki was rubbing eyes alot yesterday. Special treat last night getting to watch Midnight at night. She is so cute! I tried to get several pics but my internet was kind of slow last night! Son was downstairs playing his games on his computer & it slows mine down sometimes! Twisted Evil
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Loki was trying to get to Ikas to kill him and he rubbed his nose on the wire or the wood or something and tore all the skin off the end of it and when I saw him it was bleeding all down his mouth ! Maybe that what you saw ! He is fine and it will heal over but might have a scare there or it might just heal perfect !!!! Anyway nothing to worry about that for sure !!!

Tigers being Tigers !!!
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully he will be o.k., I sent him a kiss on the nose with my mouse so he should be ok! Hee!Hee! Wink
Destiny
King Nerd
King Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awwwww! Poor Loki! Do you have to worry about infections very much with that type of wound? Awwww.....He's big and strong, he will be ok. Can you imagine a Band-Aid that big! I know it wouldn't be on for more than 10 seconds! Dave, do you put a topical ointment on that?...although, being the nose, he would just lick it off. Yeah, that's a no.

Stupidity can be a fatal mistake!

Destiny
Destiny
King Nerd
King Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't you just want to kiss it and make it all better? (minus the fact it could be dangerous!)

Stupidity can be a fatal mistake!

Destiny
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, time for the truth here....Am I the only one that pets the animals with my mouse! Ha!Ha! The other day I was scratching Loki's ears & I promise you it started twitching when I did it! Laughing Laughing
cheetahlover13
Royal Python
Royal Python

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol kitty thats soooo funny i wonder if he likedd it Question Twisted Evil Smile Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: