Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Questions for Dave
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samacy
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Questions for Dave Reply with quote
Good Morning Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation I couldn't figure out where to put this..........Dave, I know you are so very busy and all, I was wondering when we might be seeing "Loki" back with Tundra? Do you have any idea? I just miss the big guy is all.........think Tundra does too hehe.......Also, I have been saying my prayers way in advance for TH to keep you all safe and sound with these dang hurricanes Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation So far, all my prayers have been answered.............Yessssssssssss your TH site is totally #1, and to be honest you should get some kind of big award for it Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation You all do such a wonderful job, and are soooooo dedicated............to have your dream come true has got to be the most satisfying feeling.........God Bless You All at TH Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation [/b]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
samacy
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Questions?? I am full of them LOL Reply with quote
Is this a common thing to see these two get along????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
samacy
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another question? If a Tiger and Lion got into fight, who would win? With this picture, I notice that the Lion's head alone is so much bigger than the Tiger's.............Who is the stronger of the two? Thank you Dave & Jason Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
These pictures are amazing.

Last edited by BarbaraJ on Sun May 15, 2005 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Intra Species Feline Habitats Reply with quote
Great pictures, thank you for sharing them with our viewers and members. It is not uncommon to see all kinds of interspecies habitats in captivity. The photos you sent in clearly indicate that. I have worked with all kinds of animal pairs and it never sieses to amaze me. It is more the norm to see Tigers and lions cohabitating in captivity then seeing a much smaller leopard or jaguar mixed in. This is obviously a very risky situtation and I am sure thier are special individual circumstances that made this group possible. For example, they wewre all raised together? The males are casturated, declawed or even defanged? What we don't see in that picture is this guys vet bills or death tolls due to interspecies agression. Then again, you never know? This could also be a photo capturing a brief moment, and not indicitive of the animals true 24/7 containment. They look like "Friends" to me in the pic, but then in the animals world, even friends hurt or kill each other!!!! Well, I guess not just the "Animal World"! Take a look at Loki and Tundra! These guys were raised together 24/7 and we have had to stitch them up multiple times and will most lickly continue repairing boo boos in the future. Not knowing more details on the facility and its care givers it would be hard to accuratly judge the photo. I know facilities in other countries that could care less if thier animals hurt or killed each other! The photo could mearly be the ones that are still alive? One thing for sure is that all thier bellies are EXTREAMLY FULL in the pictures, which makes me believe it could be a demonstration, photo shoot or a temporay living situation with close bonded animals. It is definitly a beautifull thing to see as long as they are not hybridizing species. Tigons and Ligons are genetic polution if you ask me, and "Thats all I have to say about that"!
samacy
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My pleasure to share these photos...........Thank you so very much Jason Exclamation Exclamation You showed me there are so many different ways of looking at the situation with the animals.......I appreciate it very much. Thank you again, hope you all have a great day..........

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
And by the way Loki and Tundra are back together AGAIN Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Now I have left their lock down and the other habitat open so they can go all over today if you can't find them Exclamation
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Interspecies pics/WT Reply with quote
Hey! Sam, thanks for posting those pictures. They are really something to see. Made me wonder the same thing. Do you have any background on these? J's insights into the different ways those might be possible was very enlightening.

Sure am glad, Dave, that you clued us in about Tundra and Loki. I sure would have been wondering allright!!! When I looked in today it seemed as though they were 'trading spaces' and if I hadn't read this it would be boggling my mind.

Thanks to y'all!! Cool
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And we can't let that happen to any of our NERDS in training can we Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are soooo good to us that way! Not only do we get to view these magnificent and beautiful animals on cam, but you guys give us so much insight into what it takes to do what you do for their management and care also. One heck of an experience, if you ask me! And I truly appreciate the time you take to keep us informed of the goings on there. As the King of Nerds, you rock! Laughing
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
today I finish the R/T Lemur habitat Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Ringtails Reply with quote
Well for all you RINGTAIL LEMUR JUNKIES, get ready! Your withdrawl symtoms will soon be over!!!!!! The cams are coming! The cams are coming! Your shakes will soon be stoping!
samacy
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi gb.........sorry, I don't have any background on these beautiful animals, I saw the pics, I liked them, and saved them.........to be honest, I think it was just a site with Tiger and Lion pics in it............gj Dave on R/T habitat.........I have been watching you all putting the sod down this morning...........hope all is well, have a great day everyone Exclamation
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Remedy Reply with quote
Shocked Cool Shakes remedied for sure!! The habitat is looking SO very nice. It is beautiful Exclamation Missed the laying of sod (darn!I did so much want to see that) but checked in on it this afternoon with the sun angled in on everything and it is looking awesome Exclamation Exclamation GREAT STUFF! Was really missing those little guys and it is so good to be seeing them again in their refurbished home. Very Happy

Hey Sam, no problem with that! I do the same thing.......lots of times there is simply no info available. Just pics, like you said. They sure are amazing. Great day backatcha and to y'all. Smile Smile

Can I say GOOD JOB! guys?! Give your self a large pat on the back for me, OK? THANKS SO MUCH! (You just made my therapist's job a lot easier--haha--look ma, no more shakes!)
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well the lights are on the R/Tail habitat ! Now it not finished but it is looking good ! Would you believe all that bamboo I put in was cut down from the clumps in the yard Question We were cutting stalks that were over 70' tall and they were falling in the yard !!! How cool is that Question Yes that look like hard work but it is for a TROOP OF R/T LEMURS and 2 FEMALE BROWN Exclamation How cool is that Question

I cam smell Leopard cams Twisted Evil

I love the cams just as much has you guys Exclamation

Those poor people that got hit by IVAN Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Now you know what we mean about surviving the storm is not the problem it after ! Has you can tell from the Sanctuary photos this places is LANDSCAPE very intence and it would take WEEKS just to clear this property much less building habitats or the house Exclamation Now trust me we do KICK SOME SERIOUS BUTT and are ready but this would be a BIG MESS to clean up and rebuild Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: