Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Think Tank (Part I -- Hurricane Recovery at the Sanctuary)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Hurricane Wilma and Katrina Recovery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerfreak99
King Nerd
King Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Think Tank (Part I -- Hurricane Recovery at the Sanctuary) Reply with quote
If you have any ideas for fundraising or how to spread the word for donations post them here.

First idea... I made flyers and sent to everyone in my address book, if you did not receive one and would like one PM me with you e-mail address and I'll send you one (If I remember to attach it Rolling Eyes) If you did receive one, then pass it on to everyone in you address book.
So stand in the rain Stand your ground Stand up when it's all crashing down You stand through the pain You won't drown And one day, whats lost can be found You stand in the rain ~Superchic[k]~-~Stand in the Rain~
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want one !!! and thank you !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerfreak99
King Nerd
King Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Woopsie, your in my address book, how did I miss that. Ok, going to send you one now.
So stand in the rain Stand your ground Stand up when it's all crashing down You stand through the pain You won't drown And one day, whats lost can be found You stand in the rain ~Superchic[k]~-~Stand in the Rain~
tigerfreak99
King Nerd
King Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I have another idea, but still have to ok this with my parents...

If approved by my parents, I'll have a cookie/brownie/hot chocolate sale thingy, my brother made $30 in one day with just cookies and kool-aid sooo maybe I can do better... (Lol, I think my cookies are better anyway Smile)
bvjmama2
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi tigerfreak99,
I sure would like one of your flyers sent to me too. Smile
I'm sending you my email addy and thank you very much in advance. Very Happy
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Big, small, crazy or sane..... Reply with quote
Any and ALL ideas......even if they sound silly.....that's what this thread is here for. Thank you Kels for starting the ball rolling in the first place with your AWESOME flyer. I have to give you a lot of credit for taking the initiative and making that. You ROCK girl! (btw I got mine--both Laughing -- and thank you Cool ....if it makes you feel any better I've done the same thing--two times in a row even! Embarassed )

The bake sale is ANOTHER idea that rocks! I have thought about making up a collection canister and a board with pictures of the animals and such on it and asking a couple of local smaller businesses that I frequent (and can trust with the $$jar) if they would PLEASE have it on their counter for a week or so to see what comes of it. I could burn some pics of the sanctuary animals to a CD and take it to work and make up photo quality prints to give away as a thank you, perhaps, for any donations going into the can. Question Question A little here, a little there..........it won't add up HUGE I know, but every little bit can help--it adds up. If we ALL are doing something...anything to pitch in extra it could make a real difference. (The corporation I work for won't allow me to do that sort of thing, hence needing to take it to local small businesses Sad )

WE NEED MORE IDEAS!!! Like I said.......ANY idea.......BIG, little, crazy or sane........don't be shy! Toss them in here and who knows what may come of it???? Mixing all kinds of ideas together in here, we might just experience serendipity and come end up with a grand idea none of us would have thought of all on our own. Ya never know.

Ready? Set? Let's ROCK & ROLL folks Exclamation Laughing
(P.S. Kels........I KNOW your cookies are better!! Wink )
bvjmama2
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, here's my ideal. Smile
This past June when our church had vacation bible school, I made book-markers that the children gave out to everyone who attended.
I am in the process now of making Tigerhomes.com book-markers that my kids can sell for $1.00 each, I know that doesn't sound like much but like gb said, every little bit counts. If anyone is interested in having the book-markers sent to their email, send me your email addy and I will get it to you as soon as I get them finished. All you need is printer ink, card stock paper and tough fingers to cut them out. Very Happy
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
those are some great ideas ive been racking my brain and hopefully will come up with something that would be quick and easy to do dont give up dave and co everyone will be doing all they can to pull together for you all

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Donation ideas Reply with quote
This is just an idea, but I thought maybe about running an ad in the classifieds. I know here in my area, you can run an ad for about a week and I believe it's only around $5 or $6, you can run an ad nowadays for just about anything and even if you just ran it for a day, say like on Sunday, when most people read the paper, that would be good. I know you're probably thinking, well why not just go ahead and give that $5 or $6 in a donation, well I am planning on making my donation as soon as I get some money, but you have to think that hundreds of people will see that ad and even if just 5 people decide to donate, it would be well worth the money spent. Just an idea I had floating around that some of you may want to think about.

Ps-This is Kitty. Yes, I forgot to login!! Embarassed
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Great Ideas for TH Reply with quote
See I told you we had some talented Nerds around here. You guys are really coming up with some good ones!! Play-Doh Baby will be so proud of you guys!! This is just awesome and doesn't it really make you feel good to know that you are doing all you can to help out?? It's a great feeling and believe me, it will come back to you over time!! Keep up the good work!!

NERD ON ANIMAL LOVERS!! Cool
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all hope your minds are coming up with great plots to get dave and co some help I have done one thing but its not much and dont even know if its going to work but got intouch with our local newspaper and asked if the person who reviews web sites would do a review of tigerhomes site so as to get more people interested in logging on and with luck they will get addicted like the rest of us hehehehe and they could then donate as well as they say the more the merrier. Laughing Laughing Laughing
All Ive got to hope is that they do the follow up if they have any decency they should and am going to be thinking of other ways and means to get some help to you all at th Laughing Laughing
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All,

WOW! Lots of great ideas Idea so so far! Thought about the bake sale - but my cookies make excellent door stops! Embarassed Laughing Don't get me wrong - I'm a really good cook - EXCEPT FOR COOKIES! Arg! All may not be lost - I may get some neighbors together who make "dental-friendly" cookies - and see what happens from there Exclamation

Here's my idea Idea

I ride the train & the bus to get to work! If I switch to the bus only - that could save about $10.00 per week! I will have to leave for work early every day - but my ride will be only about 20 minutes longer each way!

Time well spent and money saved! Very Happy

P.S. Thank you Tigerfreak for starting this think tank. YOU ROCK my friend! Cool
hazelmharris1
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got an idea...i could make up some flyers with the help of my daughter and put them in the supermarkets and shops with their permission of course and get the kids to take em to school. Hopefully it will get people to join the website and donate money....
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tigerfreak99
King Nerd
King Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Val,
You don't have to do cookies, Wink You could do cupcakes, brownies, muffins, ect. Smile I just do the best on cookies.

Excellent idea about just riding the bus.

And great idea on the flyers Hazel.
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tigerfreak99 wrote:
Val,
You don't have to do cookies, Wink You could do cupcakes, brownies, muffins, ect. Smile I just do the best on cookies.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Can you say "hockey pucks!? Confused

Thank you kindly for the tip - but I think I'd better focus on my strengths instead of weaknesses! Bet my neighbors can not only outbake me - but that would mean several times more stuff to sell (AND they might be return customers! Confused ) That would be so cool! Cool Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Hurricane Wilma and Katrina Recovery All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: