Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Dave's Updates: Hurricane Wilma Recovery
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Hurricane Wilma and Katrina Recovery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Dave's Updates: Hurricane Wilma Recovery Reply with quote
Dave's post.....
Quote:
Hey are guy watching the weather ? Well yes another hurricane that will be affecting south Fl over the weekend it name is Willma!!! here we go again !!! LOL !!!!

OMG Noooooo! I hadn't been watching the weather at all and this news is not good......not one bit........
Quote:
Yet another bad hurricane threatens the United States. Traveling over some very warm water, Wilma will grow into a monster during the next couple of days, perhaps reaching category 4 intensity. A blocking high to the west will prevent the storm from crossing the Yucatan and entering the western Gulf of Mexico. Another high to the east will prevent the storm from escaping across the Atlantic. Wilma, like most tropical storms and hurricanes, will take the easiest route through all the other obstacles, which in this case will be toward the north then northeast. Unless something presents itself that we don't foresee right now, Wilma will slam into southern Florida early Sunday with winds perhaps over 100 mph. Story by AccuWeather.com expert senior meteorologist JohnKocet.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way. The vigil begins......
kristiemiller79
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When the storm hits, I want ALL of you to know that I have you in my prayers. And then after, i'll be sending more donations..Hope it helps a little.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I am going to say this !!! Tigerdave does not like the look of this hurricane now and it looks like starting tomorrow I begin to really get ready to create 5 of the Tigers (Ikas clarence gypsy marcan sherikon)and all the other animals and turn off all the servers and be prepared to bring everything in the house and the tigers in the garage ! the W/T i will lock them in their lock down and the Lions will lock them up in the barn but everyone else all in the house including the Cougars and the leopards and all the lemurs !!! I have a bad feeling about this one and the problem is the rains will start Thrusday and even late tomorrow so must do what i can to be ready now !!! This can be here Sat !!!

And of course it still can miss the sanctuary but it looks like we will get at least something and most likely MORE THEN THAT !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sounds as if your place is going to be like Noah's Ark. My thoughts and prayers (and donations) are with you Dave who is the same as Jason who is also Alex who is also known as Donnie!
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
starting today this will be an all out GETTING READY for this storm for me so I will be taken this VERY seriously right after eating something this morning !!! hehe !!!

Will keep everyone posted !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheetahlover13
Royal Python
Royal Python

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanxs dave because i no that i am worryed about you guys and i bet the others are too

im praying for ya Wink
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really hope and pray that this one does miss you at TH it must be so worrying for you with having all the Animals depending on you.
I just wish there was some way that you all could be kept safe and dry Mother Nature seems to be more cruel than usual this year
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and home that some miricle happens and it either dies out or at least calms down before it hits land.

I wish I could be there to help you as Im sure nearly everyone of us members wish the same but all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and pray for yourself and the animals safety if it really does arrive where you are
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well been working all day and have the garage ready and the crates for the tigers are being prepared with air in the tires and will be moving them to the back to get ready to house the 5 tigers ! So far the weathers been real good with no rain but they are saying starting tomorrow and for sure Fri the rains will be heavy so trying to do as much as i can today to get ready !!!
kristiemiller79
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I second that suack, but since we can't be there psyically, we are there in spirt to help out in any way we can. All prays will be in your direction. Wink

Another thing I would like to say would be that since we can't be there to help that there "IS" a way to help out, that's to make as many donations as possible, not to break yourself, but anything helps. Very Happy
kellieg1979
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just read on cnn.com about the huricane. OMG I am in tears. Crying or Very sad My prayers and thoughts will be with you all this weekend . God bless you all and hope all is well. Fingers crossed for you all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Thoughts & Prayers Reply with quote
Dave, I want you to know that you, the sanctuary and all of it's inhabitants will not be out of my thoughts and prayers until this passes. Devastated by the news, and the forecasts have me worried sick. Literally. We can only hope and pray the outlook gets better over the next day or two.

OK everybody, we have to steer this B* Wilma back where she came from.......ready, set, BLOW!!!! Don't laugh! It worked before!! Perhaps with a collective effort full of good thoughts and prayers, we can throw up a protective wall of positive vibes around our beloved sanctuary and it's inhabitants.....all of them. It's worth a shot....at this point I am willing to give it a go: AWAY WILMA Exclamation

Keeping vigil..........
Becki
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow.... you guys are in my thoughts and prayers as always. Thank God that the animals have GREAT people to look after them!!!!!

STAY SAFE!!

~Becki

totally off topic...my gecko lost his tail today:( Just bad news all around! Shocked Rolling Eyes

We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just unloaded 2000 pounds of meat for the cats and have my garage set up and ready to go !!! Now it seems to have slowed up so they are saying now late Sunday and into early morning Monday when the hurricane hits south fl. Right now the winds are not as strong (145) but now they are 150 mile across which means it could be 100 mile away from the sanctuary and we would still get those high winds ! NOT GOOD !!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Questions for TigerDave Reply with quote
Just a quick question...I was wondering since the rains may not start until tomorrow, will you leave the big cats out until then or will you go ahead and start locking them in later today. Also, they talk about the storm surges, would that affect you personally and do you leave the sanctuary or do you just hunker down with the animals also? Just curious. Thanks for the updates Play-Doh baby!

Ps-Kitty again...didn't log in...Oops.. Embarassed
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
why would I lock them up when it start raining this storm is days away !!! hehe !!! And a BIG NO to storm surge !!! hehe !!! I am no where near water !!! And NO I would not leave the Sanctuary or my home EVER !!! This house is safe and built strong ! Dade county has the toughest building codes in the US and every year they get BETTER and BETTER ! My house is CBS but my mom and dad house is hard core and Jason mom and Dad house is new and built to withstand any hurricane no matter how big with a built in safe room and built in Generator that will run the whole house !!! hehe !!! The home here in miami are built with hurricanes in mind !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Hurricane Wilma and Katrina Recovery All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: