Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

"Our Tigerhomes Family" Locations!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: History in York, PA... Reply with quote
Hehe... now I feel compelled to dig into the history books a bit here! Smile

Well, I know that the US Articles of Confederation were signed and ratified in our little town of York, it was, for a few days, the capital city of the United States, I believe George Washington slept in a building that I at one time went through (the Plough Tavern) and York International HVAC and the York Peppermint Pattie come (and came, respectively) from here... Now I knew most of that info before, but I, you know, just re-checked Wikipedia as a second opinion so I don't come off as sounding pompous here... Smile

Arrow Wikipedia - York, PA

Also, just namechecking a bit just because - One of my middle school teachers about 10 years back is the father of the lead singer in the band "Live" -- if anyone's heard of that - Very Happy

t~e
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's AWESOME you guys... thanks for sharing with us where you are from! Very Happy
Sorry t~e, I never heard of that band, but please let us know if you find out anything ok.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
keykey wrote:
Sorry t~e, I never heard of that band, but please let us know if you find out anything ok.

Man! It's been awhile since I saw this question! Very Happy Live is a somewhat kind-of-grungish band that hails from York PA... Some of their more famous songs are "Lightning Crashes"... and um... hehe... actually, that's the only one of their songs I really remember - I wasn't too much into them... Smile Here is a Wikipedia page that details some of what Live is:

Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_%28band%29

t~e
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks t~e! Very Happy
I'm going to check out the link right now.
Sounds like they have some pretty AWESOME songs out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: