Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Forum Reminder
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Forum Reminder Reply with quote
Quote:
Children (you know who you are)..............P L E A S E have a little respect here for the other members feelings. Plain and simple. While we welcome ALL new members, we really and honestly don't appreciate your spamming of the forum. I can't help but wonder why is it you have ignored the fact that what you are doing with these threads could be considered rude in the extreme. As mentioned earlier (SOMEWHERE--GOODNESS KNOWS WHERE NOW!) there are forum rules of etiquette that we all follow. (mostly, anyway) At least we try. Do you not care about us or the animals? Please at least give us that due consideration. Thanks.

Thanks for the above reminder, Laura Exclamation The forum should be a welcome place for everyone. I believe these are the links you had in mind and should be revisited:

http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=535

http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=137

Hopefully this will help get us back on the right track. Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank Goodness for Donnie - CLEAN-UP time finally Exclamation

It has been so hard to sift through ALL THE POSTS lately. This Forum was always an interesting place to learn and I enjoyed reading since and I dont have the cams most of the time (time diff). Someone finally said SOMETHING Shocked Rules apply to the kids & to the adults who should set the examples. Looks like some people "Power Post" just to advance Rank I guess and put in so many meaningless posts (i.e. the phone's ringing, be right back or I have to tend to business or go get a coke) what a waste of time. Ditto for those who like to answer their own posts and put in one liners. VERY B O R I N G.

Using PrivateMsg. (PM), Instant Messenger (IM) or emails to talk to friends instead of blasting the Forum would be APPRECIATED. Sorry but trying to read 30-40 personal posts a day are a lot for anyone to sift through to get to the relevant issues. It was much more interesting to read posts pertaining to the topics listed: The Animals, News, Legislative Matters & Animal Issues and of course - Sanctuary updates.

THANKS Exclamation AND BIG thanks to those who do contribute EDUCATIONAL topics for us. Sure hope the TigerHomes Forum will get back on track and become a learning place again Idea Bet everyone can up with some NEWS OR UPDATES OR ANIMALS TO TALK ABOUT!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Posting Reply with quote
Yes, Guest you are right, but many of the people that have been posting in the chat forum are monthly sponsors and were under the impression that the thread was okay to be used, just for that reason. WE ALL KNOW why we are really here, but for some of us, the chat is away for some of us to communicate and believe it or not some of the others ARE interested in what we have to say. My advice for the others who don't want to read it would be to just stay out of the chat thread if it bothers one. Yes, other threads have been abused lately but we as adults are here to set examples for the children as they will be the leaders and the "Doers" of tomorrow. Better to know they are in here chatting than out in the street somewhere. KUDOS to Donnie for the much needed cleanup, but REMEMBER, he did say the Random Chat was okay, provided we know that our posts can be deleted at anytime. Some of us are MONTHLY sponsers and do put in our fair share, and then some, of the articles on Animal news, welfare,etc, so I am with Donnie on the okay for the Random Chat. Big Thumbs up dude, You totally rock!! Cool
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Posting unnecessarily Reply with quote
Wow! Looks like someone got a new thread going! hehe! I too want to say Thanks to Donnie for a SUPER job on the cleanup, which was a badly needed issue. I for one am also a monthly sponsor and do put in my share of Legit post. I think we ALL have misposted at one point or another and ALL need to watch it. Pm's are great and the msn and all that is great, but I for one also like to hear what some of the others have to say. That is great advice though about the Random chat though, if it bores a person, just skip over that and go on. We know now that it is okay, we heard straight from Donnie himself, and we know that our post can be deleted at anytime. I believe most of us are ADULTS here and all know the real reason why we are here and fully support everything you guys do here and Tiger Dave is the BESTEST at what he does and we owe him so much for what he does everyday just for us when indeed he really doesn't have to, he does it because he wants to! WE know the Animals and their welfare comes first and it always has and always will be and then the education for the smaller ones. HATS OFF TO DONNIE FOR A SUPER-DUPER JOB AT CLEAN UP and I know he spent many hours doing this as I was up watching the work being done and he was really fast! Once again, great job Donnie...You Rock! Laughing
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Everthing Kitty says in the above post I second it I would be completely lost without TH would just like to say that it has opened my eyes to a lot of things to do with All sorts of Animals that I never new before so hope they continue there good work for all of us to watch and enjoy and learn
hazelmharris1
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes i agree with all that too.....we all know why we first came to this great site and that was to watch the animal on the cams....but when we all got here we realised that there was so much more here than we could have imagined...i say we because im sure this applys to all of us.

We all understand the status and welfare of endangered animals...and we all love animals in general and thats why we are here right...Dave and the rest of the gang at tigerhomes do a fantastic job every minute of every day and we are all behind them....we all appreciate what they do for the animals and what they do for us allowing us to share in what they do...and for that i would like to say a major..THANK YOU

None of us forget why we are here and we never will and most of us have contributed to TH in our own way...because we all care.

We all put on thread about animals...either for educational purposes or if they have been in the news and we have all prob gone overboard in the chat at point or another.We all appreciate that they have to keep the forum in order and for that thankyou...it shows us that there jobs are being done properly and thats what we want.

This is a wonderful wonderful site for anyone of all ages...i for one have learned so much since being here and i will carry on learning from this great site.
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
donnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Great Post BarbaraJ Reply with quote
Barbara J and Gb3llma thanks so much for your posts.

I appreciate everyone's cooperation and honesty here. Together we can set an example for new members and work out these kinks. By "new members" I mean people who will become members in the near future.

I'll repeat some of the important things covered here...

-- Random chat is fine but it belongs in Rant & Rave ONLY and is subject to deletion at any time. Try to only create one or two random chats within Rant & Rave if possible. PM me if you need a 3rd inside Rant and Rave.

-- No person is obligated to read or respond to random chat and everyone should be okay with this idea. I myself find them very hard to follow, but do understand the need in this particular case. Random Chat may help eliminate chat from happening in other topics.

-- Anyone that sees rapidfire posts (consecutive posting by same person) is encouraged to report it to me immediately. Anything else please PM me.

Thanks again everyone! Very Happy

Denise
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yea Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thank You Guest #1 for speaking up for a sensitive issue that was long overdue.
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am especially appreciative of the posts concerning spamming the forum, etc. Thank you Barbara & Laura! Thank you Donnie for laying down the law! And I agree with Denise - that it is long overdue!

Because of the especially long hours I work at my job (as I'm sure many other members do too - with school & or work or the everyday demands & obligations of our personal lives) - I really look forward to coming here and sharing and learning, and it can be quite arduous trying to follow a thread that is either way off-topic or full of chat.

There is some really fantastic information buried all over the place in the forum - and I'd hate to forget where it was and not be able to go back to it! I LOVE the search tool! It is fantastic for finding out what has been talked about and has helped me many time to figure out where to place a comment or reply.

However, when you're tired and finally getting home to relax and do something enjoyable (nerding with your forum-mates - and what could be better! Wink ) it really is a pleasure to be able to go to a topic and read an interesting discussion without having to work through too many extraneous posts.

We've all played around from time to time - so I'm not throwing rocks at anyone. It is so easy to go off track - but this experience is so much better when the discusions are focused! I just love coming back to see what replies people have made to each other or to me. It is like waiting to open a Christmas present! When we post a reply or topic - it is like giving the Christmas present to someone else! It really is cool Cool that we can support the TH mission by becoming aware & informed through sharing & growing together. That - in and of itself - is a gift! Very Happy

The mission of TIGERHOMES rocks! I find myself thinking about things I've never pondered before - and in ways I wouldn't have thought about those subjects without this forum. I truly am grateful that it exists! (THANK YOU TH! Very Happy).

I love the topic entitled "A Collective Effort." I believe, that like conservation - forum participation is a collective effort! We all have to do our part to enjoy the benefits!

Also - I've really fallen for the people here! Getting online in the forum is like having awesome fireside chats with fired-up animal lovers who share a common vision - but without having to leave home! I got myself all worked up today telling someone about the forum! It really rocks when we're on track! Very Happy

A forum in nothing without its members! It is indeed a collective effort - - we all have a part! This is too wonderful & I don't want to miss out on a thing!

Much Love to My Forum-Mates! Get your Nerd On!

gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Nerd On Reply with quote
Val, that was wonderfully said Exclamation You make so much sense and that was an awesome post. Idea

cheetahlover13
Royal Python
Royal Python

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well i hope you get some time to talk to us some more Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Words of Wisdom Reply with quote
Very well said Val & thanks for the words of wisdom. Must say I also work long hours and sifting through the amount of ChitChat to get to the informative articles has been kind of hard. Looks like the Law has been laid down and the Rules reminded so that everybody can enjoy the Forum. In fact most - or I would say ALL of the members here are already Monthly Sponsors and have been contributing to TigerHomes regularly for YEARS - even more reason to be considerate of everyone.

The students of course must Study, Study ... which is well understood. Cool

It is true Chat threads may not count towards rank and can be skipped over but you have to wonder what it costs in bandwidth usage for the Sanctuary day after day to host so many of these kind of posts. Or, as you said "extraneous" posts not counting the "extraneous" time and effort it takes for them then to have to go & clean it up.

It would be nice to find a happy medium for us all to learn & grow together. Hopefully, everyone can be considerate of the other members and if the need to post Chat is just overwhelming - that those posts stay inside that thread or perhaps Chat with PM, IM or in personal blogs. Also these Blogs have many photos posted without proper credit to the originating source - pics taken from other websites or TH.O (Gallery Winner's names etc.). Everybody deserves due credit for their work unless you actually took the photo(s) yourself.

Val - Looking forward to your next real "Power Post" since you have been giving us so many really good ones to think about.
THANKS VLAD and gb3llma and to everyone who cares to keep the Forum on track and a learning place Exclamation
Denise
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very well said! I'm afraid the most important person here, David, has become lost.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, I have to say this and I'm not logging in but if you can guess who it is, then that is okay too. I think this thread has gone on too long and I believe we all get the point now. We all know who the culprit, or culprits are and let's leave it at that and they will be dealt with I'm sure. This has so gotten out of hand and we all need to get back to being one big family again and stand behind David and support him in all that he does so we will not risk losing it all, mainly being the website. He is a tremendous person and we all know there is not another person like him on this earth and he does not need this ****ing and griping post that are taking up just as much bandwidth as the so called "chat" post that were spoken of. We all are here for one or two reasons and we ALL should not forget that. I for one do not even want to think about losing the site for any reason and for it to be over something so childish as this would just be sad for the rest of us that have been here so much longer. Kudos to David and Jason and Alex and Donnie and My God they have enough work to do besides worrying about what is going on or not going on in the forum. This just has totally gotten out of hand and I think we should just opt for a fresh start and get things back to the way they should be. Enough of this and let's have some fun learning and educating others, mainly the younger ones, and get on with the REAL reason we are here. Love to you all guys and I really hope I have not offended anyone, but I am just speaking my mind and I am sure there are afew others here who feel the same way!! Thanks to you guys and you are definitely the best and we would be lost without you!! Please keep up the good work and we are with you and beside you all the way!! God Bless you all!! Smile
hazelmharris1
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow..what a great post whoever you are..I second that.Im sure everyone feels the same way. The guys have enough to do and think about without having all this too. We are all adults and we all know how important this website and the sanctuary is. We all appreciate that they have to keep this place in order and for that i thank them. It shows us that they are doing there jobs properly and isnt that what we want at the end of the day. We all need to pull together on this and sort this out once and for all. We are all behind dave and the rest of the guys...right now they need our support more than ever after katrina and thats exactly what we should be doing, Not bickering over this. They do a fantastic job everyday of which im sure they will carry on doing,so lets all behave ourselves,especially the culprits,we all get out of hand sometimes and we all know it, lets behave and let them get on with the wonderful work they are doing.
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: