Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Feline Photographs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Webcam Snapshots & Member Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Feline Photographs Reply with quote
I decided I needed a place to share my latest pictures of wild felines, so here we are. I’ve been to several zoos and animal sanctuaries around the United States. Photography is a very fun hobby for me, and I’m always trying to get interesting photographs of animals. Cats being my favorite animals, I have quite a collection of them. Cool

This bobcat was absolutely gorgeous! I got a few shots of him pacing around in his enclosure, but this is definitely my favorite. He held this pose for a few seconds. With his stubby little tail he looks just like a saber-toothed cat! Very Happy

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6534/bobcat331107jb9.jpg
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Bobcat Photograph Reply with quote
Smilodon do you realize that is the first time I have ever seen a Bobcat in person Cool Well seeing him through the eye of your lens anyway is like being with you and near the same.

What a beautiful animal Wink Your artwork and photography is so refreshing I have to say I look forward to your posts. You can tell you spend time on each project and dedicate a lot of your talent to the animals.

I do hope you get to come to TigerHomes one day in person, up-close and personal. It is a fine art to get good animal snapshots especially of the cats without eye flash off and while they are in natural poses. I am sure you would have a knack of catching them that way.

Thanks for sharing your adventure Wink

Ace
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you. I’ll try to get some more pictures soon, but most of them are sitting unedited in my computer. That was only the second time I’ve ever seen a bobcat. Most of my other pictures are of lions and tigers. Cool
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing this picture Smilodon. I've never seen a Bobcat in person either. Do you remember which sanctuary or zoo you saw this one at? Very nice.
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was a little place in Oklahoma called “Safari Joe’s,” a wild animal sanctuary with a wide variety of rescued animals.
Also taken at the animal sanctuary, a golden Bengal tiger! This was the first time I ever saw an adult one. It really is a strange color mutation, looks just like a ginger tabby cat. Razz

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2734/goldenbengaltiger31107ja2.jpg
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey smilodon those pictures of the Bob-Cat and the Golden tiger are really good and it must of been great to be actually there to take the pictures yourself but when you say youve never seen an Adult Golden Tiger what about the 2 beautiful ones we see almost everyday here on the Tigerhomes Webcams so please dont forget our Marcan and Sherikon unless im mistaken and you really meant not seen one in person before Question Question If that was what you meant them im sorry Confused Confused Embarassed
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
AWESOME pictures of the Bob-Cat and the Golden Tiger... Smilodon! Very Happy
Thanks for sharing them with us.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're welcome.
Days with cool weather are usually the best to see animals like big cats at the zoo. I almost never get to see the cheetahs, but I saw both of them on this particular day, sunbathing I think. Look at the claws on those hind feet! Exclamation

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1952/cheetah231607lw5.jpg
Cheetah
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those are awesome pictures Smilodon. ^-^ I've seen one of those, and a Lynx at a local wildlife park. But we have those wildly in maine. But i haven't actually had the thrill of seeing one in the wild unfortunately.

Some people's impression of maine is that wild animals roam everywhere, but it's actually harder to find them then people think xDD i've seen a moose though. I guess they're more commonly seen, Though i only saw one when i went up north. x3

I enjoyed your pictures though, I love seeing wild animals being taken good care of. ^-^

And Oh my goodness that Cheetah is
Very Happy RazzAdorable!

Oh and KeyKey you'd be happy to know that our schools here in maine Follow the LNT code. L=Leave N=No T=Trace. ^^ I'm proud to say that's what i do as well. We're actually planning a picnic up in the mountains for this thursday coming, I'm going to have to make my own thrend to show you all pictures. ^^
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Cheetah.
I'll see if I can find some more pictures later. Think I have some good tiger ones. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Webcam Snapshots & Member Art All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: