Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

daily upkeep
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
And let's not forget going up telephone poles to get us connected to the webcams - amazing breed of tiger, for sure Wink That our TigerDave Exclamation

And Sherikon seems to like this particular spot in front of cam 3 lately - very pretty lady.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hehe !! thank you so much !!! Greg is here and it yard work time and some clean up from our DUD ! LOL !Just finished the repairs to the Goldens habitat from the damage they did to it late last night and as you guys saw I was working in there last night but did a much better job this morning and now they are back in there !

LITTLE MONSTERS !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikki
* Little Nerd *
* Little Nerd *

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow what a treat saw Dave in with the RT/lemurs moving things around they get so excited when he comes in also caught him in with Sampson and just noticed all the work that has been done in the BW/lemurs looks great
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DAVE just had to come on here and say what a fantastic job you and Greg have done in making the place look so great and all the adjustments you have done to the lemurs places they all look so much fun Very Happy Very Happy
I saw you yesterday in the Black&Whites and could see you was in your carpenter and drill machine mode busy busy all the time I kept thinking of the snow white film when the dwarfs all whistled when they worked Very Happy Very Happy and kept picturing you doing the same Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyway the place is looking fantastic and your remark about the frisky cats is very true even saw Samson trying to get through the fence yesterday to much in the air perhaps Very Happy Very Happy
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, David kicked butt for sure in the habitats. We were are fired-up because we found a local guy the imported high quality GUADUA BAMBOO poles in from Colombia. They are VERY EXPENSIVE and we wish we could aford to buy allot more to improve the habitats even more. You have to admit they look great! The lemurs absolutly love them!!!! Remember, lemurs are classified as, "Verticle Leapers & Clingers" and these poles provide them with a spectacular "Species Specific" way to locomote and enjoy thier habitat. Very Happy

J
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there Jason so good to see a post from you hope all is well with all your doing we definatetly dont here from you enough so come around more often ok Question Question
About the lemurs got a good vid clip of them flying around on there new poles they looked like they where having a ball Very Happy Very Happy Just wish I had a tiny fraction of there energy and agility Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Hi there Jason so good to see a post from you hope all is well with all your doing we definatetly dont here from you enough so come around more often ok

Ditto Exclamation We miss our Nerdasaurus -- but it is always such a treat when we hear from you. Thanks for sharing about the "Vertical Leapers & Clingers." Just finished looking at those habitats and I have to agree that they do look awesome! Very Happy Cool

B&W Cam4

RT Cam2

RT Cam 3

Sue -- I sure hope you'll share that vid clip with us. Cool Por favor amiga Question

Last edited by vlad on Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And Kitty Ditto's that too!! Glad to see the king stopping by....it's always great to hear from you, J ! And Yes, i was checking out the Rt's hab yesterday before work and it does look awesome! I always get so amazed at how TD is able to make the habitats look so much like their natural environments ....they truly feel like they are right at home in there and it is so great to be able to see these guys day in and day out! Absolutely nowhere else but here!! Wink Cool
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok have the video for you to see on youtube its not very long but fun to watch here is the link hope it comes out ok still not quite got the hang putting videos on for sharing on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqahUy3mn04
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sue

Just checkend out your vid. That was fun Exclamation Thanks for sharing that with us. Very cool that you know how to do this. I have a clue & that is all -- so you're way ahead of me.

Thanks again for posting that for us nerds to see. Looking forward to seeing more... Cool Very Happy Cool

V

LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great video on utube! Very cool! Thanks Smile

J
PS: HEY NERDS!
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: RAIN RAIN :) Reply with quote
Found the best thread here I think Idea DID YOU GUYS SEE IT RAINING Question Question EARLY EVENING THUNDERSTORM ACTUALLY AND WE REALLY NEEDED IT. Thank goodness the Cams that were working are still up except for I-Hop BW1 which I have to make my way back to the Data Center to reboot. The house computer keeps going off and I had to restart 4 times to get this post in. ALL THE BABIES ARE DOING FINE Cool

I will be back when it is a little safer. I do believe I have some more picture updates for you. The air smells so good and all the habitats are getting a good "washing" Wink

Sue - your YouTube Video of Lemurs at Play is FANTASTIC Exclamation I can't wait until I can watch them all again Very Happy
LOL

Ace

p.s. = Midnight is getting fed on Leopard 2 and treats for the Ring Tailed Lemurs Cam5 - stay tuned...
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
DID YOU GUYS SEE IT RAINING Question Question

I sure DID!! Very Happy Afterwards everything looked so fresh and the lighting was giving some of the cam views vividly beautiful colors. Saw the RT's all huddled on center deck (babies in the middle no doubt) then spent some time watching Princess stalking something/someone? on the other side of the fence by cam 2. And that is why I missed the post and ended up NOT getting to see treat time with the ring-tails Sad OH POOH! Thanks for the head's up tho.........maybe next time~ihope! Thanks too for the update on the babies. Gosh they are growing fast!

More pictures??? Very Happy Yayyy! Such treats! Very Happy
BRING IT ONNNNN Exclamation Cool Cool Cool

suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well as usual I missed all the best bit of yesterday but had visitors so couldnt sort of sit staring at the cams while they were hear but Im hoping to catch someone doing something today fingers crossed Laughing Laughing Laughing
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Babysitting Photo Update Reply with quote
Ok Sue - in answer to your question about taking the TigerHomes snapshots while babysitting ~ all photos are taken from OUTSIDE the habitats. It is a fine art to take them without disturbing the animals and without fence lines. You have to position the camera and use the viewfinder preview ~ then it is the luck of the draw. The most important thing is not to disturb the animals Cool

Here are a few more Babysitting Photos...

Who wants to help feed the Lemurs Question
Ok - Let's GO.
First we have to retrieve the empty bowls from each habitat
so we can wash them. It is one thing to go into the habitats with full
bowls, another fine art to get them back empty handed.

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8403/cp1010360on4.jpg

Got Fruit?

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5288/ccp1010365ayi1.jpg

Let's get our knife ready to slice and cut to fill the big bowls...

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8011/cp1010364uf2.jpg

Ready??

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7991/ccp1010373apa9.jpg

Let's Break it Down... Each large bowl breaks down into 4 smaller bowls.
The first bowl pictured here with yogurt is for I-Hop.

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/269/ccp1010374is5.jpg

Here is our Mother with a Yogurt Happy Face.

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5066/ccp1010394wi2.jpg

Good Morning Sunshine~! Hello Rebate

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5231/cp1010402wx2.jpg

Back to check on the Babies and what do we have ~ a little face peaking out.
Above the light in the back is the upstairs nest box. Looks like the little ones
are starting venture out to enjoy exploring.

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8729/cp1010438pz1.jpg

Baby Lemurs ~ Learning the Ropes...

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3894/ccp1010416ma3.jpg

Where is that Shredder Question Right now in the second relay station with the slider CLOSED.

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6520/ccp1010380tw8.jpg

Open the slider and it is time to chow down...

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9977/cp1010388acz9.jpg

WHY be Careful Question lOOk at those Lemur Teeth Twisted Evil
You can see here how the Lemurs tilt their heads up to eat.
WHY Question They do not have LIPS to hold their food in while they chew Exclamation

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6897/cp1010385aym7.jpg

Barbara - I found them again. The multi-colored cascading flowers are still there
in full bloom. Guess where they are located? Growing right up against a giant
ficus tree right outside the Golden Habitat (Cam2). This is a vining shrub.
Beautiful with the white flowers turning to pink, then to a scarlett or crimson red.
Several members were "Googling" to see if we could identify this plant species...

Direct:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2392/cp1010446yj0.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy these and YES I have more to download later when I have a chance Very Happy
It is nice to be able to take you along and Sue I do know that any of you would do the same thing for Dave and the animals at TigerHomes if you could Wink For the most part I am feeding early, so I can make the rounds. Dave is planning on coming home now this Thursday.

Ace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: