Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

daily upkeep
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: daily upkeep Reply with quote
Yes I put the cams back up but I have about 10 servers that got wet and now are no good and this place even after all the work with chain saws I still can't walk around the whole property !!! This is a huge mess that will take thousands of dollars to fix as you guy can imagin !!!

yes I am good with this kind of stuff but I am alone way from getting it all done so please please please HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Guys (and Gals)....there it is! We all heard it from the main man himself, Tiger Dave! I do want to point out one thing, I know there was major, major damage in the city of New Orleans and in the state of Mississippi. I am praying for them also, but we have to know that they are getting numerous donations from around the world, they are getting or will be getting federal and housing aid and everything else. Dave doesn't get that kind of help, and relies on people like us! That's why we all have to join in this time. If you are reading this and have never helped out the sanctuary before, or even if you have, please consider helping these guys out! They are true to their dream and this is a for real deal. They put these animals needs above their own and are greatly respected for that!

God Bless the people in those devastated areas, but also keep south florida in mind! Laughing

TIGERHOMES ROCKS! Cool
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well it is Friday today and I hope you got some rest last night. I know you are probably still sick but we all hope you get to feeling better real soon! Laughing
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well made good progress but still a huge mess all we been able to do is cut it up and stack it and we have weeks of this to go and that not counting getting the debri out or off the property !!! We need BIG trucks with cranes to load it for that and that alone is 500.00 a load and we have many many many loads! (i am afair to think of how many loads this will take) This is a huge undertaking that will take a few months to get it back to normal has it can be !!! All the fencing is on the ground and that alone is a nightmare to fix !!! All the poles are broken off at ground level and will have to be jack hammer them out every 4' and most of the stringers are also broken so just the fencing alone is enough to make you sick !!! hehe !!!

Speaking of sick I am still sick with this nasty cold and will be going to bed early tonight if I can sleep !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, I can not even begin to imagine how many loads. Just thinking about it almost makes me sick, so I can imagine how you must feel. Try to get some rest as that will help you more than anything. Laughing
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
me nither !!! that why we are taking this one day at a time !!!
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmmm....Really looks like you went to bed early Mr D.H.! Hehe! I know, you probably couldn't sleep for just thinking about all the work you have to do! You're so right, ONE DAY AT A TIME! Laughing
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Jason! How is your clean up going? Is your power back on yet at your house? Hope all are ok! Laughing
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was looking at the CAMs yesterday - and saw all that work to be done - and thought of the TH crew...

Great job of taking care of those animals! Also - I hope that all that meat Dave purchased before the storm is still good! You guys have back-up generators - so I hope that kept the fridge going!

Also - I hope you're receiving financial support from your many fans. Don't know how the thousands of viewers who enjoy the CAMs could see it and not flood you guys with donations! Hopefully people are helping. I'm not being critical of people who can't - or who are still reeling from the effects of the hurricane and need to clear their heads or find/support loved ones or rebuild their own lives. 145,000 people veiwing the CAMs? Please tell me that first-time donations have increased! (There! I've said it - I'm done!).

Some folks may think (like I did months ago) that because they can afford to give so little - that their donation wouldn't count for much! Looking at the math (x145,000) - that just ain't so! If people give from the heart - it will add up big time! (I had said I was done - Oops! Embarassed )
I don't know what it costs on a daily basis to maintain so many animals/habitats - but it can't be cheap! (Since this is the "Daily Upkeep" section of the forum - I hope my post is still on topic Smile ).

Is everyone OK? Hope your homes & family are O.K. That is so much to have on your plate at once!

Alex mentioned flooding at his home. Hang in there Alex!
Hang in there Jason!
Hang tough Stian!
Hope you're feeling better Dave!

kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well....to keep me from having to write another very, loonnngggg post, I will let Play-Doh Baby comment on that one! Rolling Eyes
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am so tired but still unbeat and let me just say thank you guy for these awesome post !!!
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
THAT'S CAUSE PLAY-DOH BABY IS UNBEATABLE! Laughing

Ps-And to be sure and stay on topic, great job in the clean up...you've stayed so postive thru it all and that is so awesome! Surprised
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey I know the cams are down ! it because of the cam server where stian works and since it Sunday there is no one to go there and check it or turn it on or a reboot now Donnie is seeing if he can log on to it and if so then he can do the reboot but we are almost sure it is off for some reason !!! But will be working for sure in the morning when Stian get there !!!

Sorry !!!!!!!!!!
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Progress Reply with quote
There you go apologizing for something that is out of your control completely Surprised .........oh my, Exclamation With all you have to do around there these days, trying to make some order out of the chaos Katrina left in her angry wake, you are SORRY the cams are down for one day??? I would think that is the LEAST of your worries at the moment. It's quite amazing, really, how fast you got them back up and running in the first place!! I thank you for that, btw!! What a relief to find out everyone was doing fine and mostly could go back into their habitats fairly soon after.

How is the clean-up (upkeep Wink ) going these days? Does it feel like you are making any dent in it yet?

Laura
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Play-Doh Baby! We know you have it under control! hehe! Hey, don't worry about it, we can go one day w/o the cams....well.....yeah, we can. hehe! I figured it was a server issue by the msg it was giving me when trying to load a cam, either that or you had run away! hehe! Thanks for the update! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: