Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

URGENT -- Support for Tigerhomes -- Donations Needed!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Dave's Sanctuary Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: URGENT -- Support for Tigerhomes -- Donations Needed! Reply with quote
Let me tell you it's all a pain !!! hehe !!!

Here a story for you guys i went to the Bank to get my balance and it was at a -94 dollar !!!

I have spent everything i have had and then some and then some more and even more !!! I have borrowed and beg and done my best and look at this !!!!

I have people that work on this project on their free time and look at what's been done !!! This site is off the charts the idea is top notch the people involved are the best out there and we do all this with very little help and as cheap as possible !!! You guys have seen and watched there is no full time help here not even one person !!!

I have been sick about all of this and for us to be stuggling like this is a CRIME !!!

With that being said we are going to continue and push on because we all do beleave we are doing the right thing and this project is a masterpiece with some of the coolest people running it not counting all the people we have meet and lives we have help in some way for the better and the learning and the fun that we all do have with tigerhomes !!!! I love working here but i can't do a thing without money and help and susport from everyone !!! there is no reason for this and to tell you all the truth i have been MAD about it and wore out and tried of this struggle !!!

but on a good note seeing that i was at a -94 dollar today made me laugh for the first time in months !!! So that's a good sign and now going to turn MAD into asking everyone for help right away to get me through the next few weeks and to let everyone out there YES things are bad but WE ARE NOT GIVING UP !!!! We are all still excited and been plotting on what's next but i need help from everybody right now !!!!

So anyone out there that been reading these post everynight and still have not help there is not a better time to do so then right NOW !!!!

Thank you all so much !!!

tigerdave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You will always amaze me, TD! Even after all the lack of support, you still go out of your way for us, and keep on keeping on! You're the bestest! Wink Laughing
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So true, well said Dave. It really is a major struggle, but like Dave & I say all the time (and the Blues Brothers), "WE ARE ON A MISSION FROM GOD"! Very Happy David and I are always surprised that with hundreds of thousands of visitors and cam watchers coming to the Tigerhomes.org each month that we are still struggling day to day. We both fantasized that buy this time we would have so much help and contributions from our global audience that we would be building bigger & better habitats. That we would be constantly up grading our web cams to keep up with the latest and greatest technology to further create an interest in conservation. Instead, we struggle every day to get by, with or with out our sanity Smile The bottom line is, regardless of the cause or plight, most people are "Watchers", and rarely choose to get involved either personally or financially. Luckily, tigerhomes.org does have dedicated fans and members that choose to be active and help out; unfortunately, we need ALLOT more of them to keep up with our goals. No matter what, we will not stop because we truly believe in our mission and efforts to not only care for our animals but to create an interest in others on the importance of their conservation. Dave is awesome and trust me, their is no one on earth with more drive and dedication then him! He is a true force of nature who has the ability to keep his eye on the ball while seeing the big picture all while dodging "Bullets Of Reality"! It just really sucks that at this stage of the project we are both struggling so hard each day constantly leveraging ourselves to bring our world to the rest of the world. Party Hard and to those that help out, THANKS SO MUCH!

J
nameless
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
man, you guys, that really sucks ya'll and the sanctuary are struggling so much. with all the viewers world wide, this should be impossible, i love you guys, but ya know what? maybe you should consider blocking the cams for only those who donate, like you did before. i was quite bummed then, but i would surely subscribe. sure, it may scare a few away, but ********* if they can't help you guys out just a little

just my 2 cents

good luck Tiger Homes Exclamation and i'll be donating again, as soon as i get my credit down a bit from the last one Embarassed Laughing Wink
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well it's 1/2 way through this month of Jan and with that being said we have collected a grand total of 514.00 !!!

Come on people is this the best you can do ?

I am going to ask again for everyone to PLEASE HELP US !!!!

thank youi !!!

tigerdave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Wonder Why... Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad So sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

So many people say they want to help conservation efforts but they don't know how. Some people say they will, then they don't Confused One thing is certain ~ many people may sit back one day and wonder why so many animals have disappeared from the face of this earth.

Simple Answer: "Because people didn't do what needed to be done while they still had a chance to do it". I don't want to be the one to tell this to Tundra & Loki, to Marcan & Sherikon, to Clarence & Gypsy ....etc. Look into our baby Midnight's eyes and tell her there is no place in many people's hearts for her Sad

Yet more and more people, everyday in everyway, are becoming educated about conservation issues and actually getting "hands-on" involved to do something to make sure we try our best to keep here what belongs to this earth, from the greatest to the smallest of creatures.

A Million THANK-YOU's to those who do care and have pitched in taking the time to send their donations for TigerHomes work. We still have some updates to go into this month, which will help but we are still a LONG way away from being where WE need to be. Let's hope anyone reading this can understand and see just how much all the animals mean to us and what they can do to help.

Ace
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well we had 2 people donate yesterday one was for 100.00 and another one was for 75.00 and I want to thank them for that and anyone else that has done there best to help us out !!! It's people like you guys that makes me try my hardest to keep this all going !!! There are good people out there that do care we just NEED MORE OF THEM !!!

I want to thank everyone that does help and want to plead to the people that don't !!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us !!!

thank you !!!

tigerdave
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is another cry for help !!!

Please if anyone out there that might know their boss or some friend or anyone that might be able to help PLEASE make the effort to ask this is really SERIOUS times right now for Tigerhomes !!!

I'm so sorry for these post but we need help right away so PLEASE do the best you can !!!

Thank you so much !!!

tigerdave
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey! Quick question, TD! What is the fastest and best way to get funds to you....check? paypal? CC? Cash? In person? I know you take all of those, but how does it get in your hands the fastest or is there a preferred method ? Wink Laughing
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well credit card is faster for me to get beside handing me cash because Paypal wires from the acc to our bank which is a few days but still fast and checks are the slowest because of clearing !!!

But anyway is all good and so important right now !!!

So please if you have not been able to help or been able to really help and have not and held back this is the time to really get behind us !!!

PLEASE PLEASE help us now !!!
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: You Guys ROCK! Reply with quote
Dave,

I just want to take a moment to thank you for all of the awesome learning and viewing experiences you have brought into our homes & for some people -- their schools. It may sound a little odd to thank you for what you have done for others, but here's why I put it that way: Alone, there is only so much that each of us can accomplish for the conservation cause. The greatest victories for the environment & and for animals as well, have been the result of the combined strength and efforts of dedicated, like-minded individuals.

You guys are HARDCORE SERIOUS DEDICATED to your mission to raise the level of environmental awareness through the internet -- and it is surely no small undertaking for you to make the beautiful animals at the sanctuary available to people all over the world -- and for the better part of each day (and sometimes that night Cool ), while caring for their needs. Your infectious energy, can-do attitude, dedication & commitment to your animals, and to us as well, has not ceased to amaze me since I found you guys.

All of that was just to say THANK YOU to you & Jason & Alex & Donnie for making all of this possible. Stay hardcore -- Never change!

I just sent you guys some appreciation -- hope the donation helps!

Rock on Exclamation

V

tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you so much !!!!

Wanted you all to know Alex caught up and posted all the donations we have gotten the last week 1/2 and not sure if it's updated in the members area or not but if so then you can see where they came from !!!

now we only need about 7times more then that just to cover expences for a month so PLEASE PLEASE do whatever you can these bills do not go away and as you can imagin very overwheling to say the least Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Please please please help us !!!

tigerdave
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Member Support Reply with quote
As Dave said "the expenses are overwhelming to say the least". We need to do whatever it takes to get rid of this struggle. It is only with our Gold Sponsors combined efforts that TigerHomes is able to still be up and running to this today.

I don't know how to say this except just to say it. The financial situation at TigerHomes is one of dire need now and must be addressed. A newsletter will be sent out soon for the Sanctuary to some of our 6,000-10,000+++ unique visitors per day who find the website. People need to see the value of the conservation and educational work being done here, the cost of running the Cams, and made aware of the value of what it takes to operate a project of this scale. The wonderful animal Cams are only part of the benefits we get to see everyday. Hopefully, some new members will find a way to help and make a donation.

The main property has been mortgaged now for the 3rd time and those funds absorbed immediately into the Sanctuary. Funds were desperately needed not only to help offset the massive Hurricane Repairs, but have drained down in covering the basic monthly operating costs. Hurricane Donations received simply were not close to begin to cover that damage, much less the ongoing routine daily expenses which have never been covered to this day.

Monthly Donations now do not even feed the animals. Dave has no choice but to work off property to make ends meet which takes him away from the animals and from the Sanctuary. Other primary expenses include Website Hosting to bring us the live-streaming Cam feed over a T1 line, the Cams themselves, Wiring, UPSs, hardware & software maintenance and upgrades for Servers, the Servers, the Website Maintenance (thank you ALEX & Donnie), Marketing Statistics to track areas of most interest, an A/C unit needed to cool the Data Center's 35+ servers, the Roof & Main House, Habitat Maintenance, Yard Maintenance, Yard Equipment & Supplies, Pumps & primary Equipment on site, Sod, Bamboo, Landscape Plants, Hardware, Wood, Fencing, Habitat Lighting, FPL, the Water, the mandatory Flood and Property Insurances, the new Mortgage, Licensing Fees, Corporate Registrations & Accounting, Taxes & Returns, Gift Shop maintenance (Packaging & Postage) all of which must be paid in addition to the mandatory Veterinary funds & Daily Feeding Requirements. Remember these expenses do not include the personal expenses of food, household maintenance, medical care & insurance, vehicle expenses, etc.

Welcome to the stark reality of operating a Non-Profit animal Sanctuary.

We simply have to come up with ways to generate funds for the Sanctuary and the webcams running for ALL OF US. Rest assured ALL the animals at TigerHomes have life-long homes and will always be given the best of care. If we want to continue to share in this once in a life-time experience, we need additional support.

They are looking for answers here & it is simple - the answer is additional funding. Several plans are already underway now. Becoming a Cam Sponsor, Adopting an Animal, or Visiting the Gift Shop is the best way you can help. We have such a great group of loyal, dedicated members with Gold HEARTS ~ you know Dave & the animals say "THANK YOU".

Yet the percentage of those using the site versus those who actually donate something to cover expenses is VERY, VERY small. So if anyone ever wonders why a Cam is down, a Lens needs adjustment, or perhaps it takes a little time to get updated - think about the weight of the above responsibilities and you can understand.

We all know there is nothing in the world that would ever stop Dave from trying. If we want the Sanctuary to continue to grow and to flourish, we need MORE PEOPLE TO HELP.

TigerHomes really needs member support NOW.

Ace
Denise
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello and Good Day,

Just want everyone to know that I am here everyday, and continue to make donations every month, and will continue to do so. I do mine by check in the mail. They are not getting added to the total, so you can count on the amount being a little higher.
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Donation Tracking Reply with quote
Denise - It is so good to hear from you. It is for sure you have not gone anywhere Exclamation
You have been right here from day one with your Support for Tigerhomes. I see that the Donation list has been corrected.

If anyone at anytime has made a donation that does NOT show up on the monthly list, please just email Dave. He and Alex will make sure the updates are made for you. There is a lot of Administrative work to do in handling the Gift Shop so if there are questions of anykind about donations or an order status ~ please let Dave know.

Cool
Ace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Dave's Sanctuary Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: