Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 


Squirrels with Something to Say

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Webcam Snapshots & Member Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger


Joined: 03 May 2006
Posts: 382
Location: Sitting here... or watching the squirrels!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Squirrels with Something to Say Reply with quote
Sorry to make this all about me, but it's been a while since I've posted some of my own nature video work, and the thread that I was adding to was closed ages ago... so, because it seems like activity's been down lately (and because I've been really lax in contributing anything), here are some of the more recent clips I've shot, starting with one of the more interesting ones of the year!

Arrow Squirrels with Something to Say - Have you ever seen squirrels vocalize? They do here - and they're not very friendly to each other!
Arrow Another Sleepy Squirrel - 2 minutes of relaxation time
Arrow The Joys of Youth 2 - More squirrel kids playing around... check for the shot at the end where one hangs off of another one in mid-air!

-and lastly for now- from a different site I've been contributing to -

Arrow I want it!! Gimme! - Chris Osborne (the webmaster from the other site) in California has been trying my feeder project design for the last 2 months or so, just to see if his squirrels are as interested as mine are. Well, he's gone from a normal style feeder (which I've been doing for years) to a vertically hanging feeder, so taking his lead, I've tried my own vertical feeder design - this video (at the bottom of the post on this page) shows how the squirrels have been taking to that design...

Enjoy~
t~e
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard


Joined: 24 Jul 2005
Posts: 2703
Location: Enjoying the CYBER-JUNGLE!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Thanks for Sharing the Really Cool Squirrel Vocalizations Reply with quote
Quote:
Sorry to make this all about me, but it's been a while since I've posted some of my own nature video work, and the thread that I was adding to was closed ages ago...


t~e -- I'm SO SORRY! Embarassed Due to the sudden increase in the volume of spam, I thought it might be a good idea to lock many of the older topices. However, I definitely did NOT mean to lock you out of that thread, created especially for your nature projects. It is now unlocked (along with a few other older threads).

Arrow Nature Projects - Videos by taburineagle

As always -- these were a REAL TREAT for the eyes & ears. The vid with the squirrel noises was GREAT & I have to admit that I've never really heard squirrels arguing before (at least not I recognized). So that was a first for me. Squirrel vocalizations -- something I've often wondered about! Laughing

Never feel that you've been lax in your contributions. You spoil us! Smile Cool We know that you share when you can & it is ALWAYS worth the wait! Cool

Take Care,

V

P.S. Love the raccoon avatar!

_________________
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." - Henry Ford
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd


Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Posts: 716
Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
t~e:
These are just too precious. I live in the woods and see/hear squirrels all the time and what you put together is very Cool . Right now the squirrels are busy digging up the acorns they planted all over the place!
_________________
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger


Joined: 03 May 2006
Posts: 382
Location: Sitting here... or watching the squirrels!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: I'm baack! Reply with quote
Sorry for the long-ish post, but I like to reply to everything when I can...

BarbaraJ wrote:
These are just too precious. I live in the woods and see/hear squirrels all the time and what you put together is very Cool . Right now the squirrels are busy digging up the acorns they planted all over the place!

Hehe... thanks! - they're doing that here too... I think we have about 10 squirrels in various families in our yard - apparently the lure of birdseed and peanuts is trumping the acorns right now! (And they're not too lazy to work for the extra food either!)
vlad wrote:
t~e -- I'm SO SORRY! Embarassed Due to the sudden increase in the volume of spam, I thought it might be a good idea to lock many of the older topices. However, I definitely did NOT mean to lock you out of that thread, created especially for your nature projects. It is now unlocked (along with a few other older threads).

Ah! Very cool - I'll start adding things back to that thread Smile I thought it just closed out due to the amount of time it took since I've added the last thing, but thanks for making it available again!
Quote:
As always -- these were a REAL TREAT for the eyes & ears. The vid with the squirrel noises was GREAT & I have to admit that I've never really heard squirrels arguing before (at least not I recognized). So that was a first for me. Squirrel vocalizations -- something I've often wondered about! Laughing Never feel that you've been lax in your contributions. You spoil us! Smile Cool We know that you share when you can & it is ALWAYS worth the wait! Cool

Hehe... it's a first for me, that close anyway! I've heard squirrel warning cries before, but this kind of thing is new for me too.. I recorded some more of that tonight where a squirrel on top of the feeder mat was squealing to another one on the ground - very cool stuff! Hehe... thanks again for the nice comments! I've also updated my website since the last time I've shown it (for anyone who's interested) with a new design and a live feed of what's going on with the project *now* here (click on Live Feed! at the top for the feed):

Arrow http://www.gullswingmedia.com/blog

Quote:
P.S. Love the raccoon avatar!

Thanks - me too! Very Happy I still think, bar none, that the raccoons were the most interesting backyard animals I've ever had the pleasure of getting video of! Hopefully I get a chance to do that again next year! I'd love to get lemurs to try my projects some day, but somehow I doubt that'll happen any time soon... Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot


Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Posts: 4028
Location: Missin' my Lokster big time! :^(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL! Awesome as always. Thanks so much for sharing these with us....Loved the Sleepy Squirrel too! Cool Very Happy
_________________
Every little bit, DOES help, often in a BIG way. ~kitty24~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Webcam Snapshots & Member Art All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group Theme Designed by Team 101 Designs