Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Ace's Sanctuary Visit July2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Ace's Sanctuary Visit July2006 Reply with quote
If you haven't heard from me in the past couple days it's not because I wasn't thinking about YOU Very Happy I have been busy ~ I was in fact working very hard for you Wink

Alex just posted the first set of photos, captions, and an introductory summary of my Visit to TigerHomes Sanctuary this past Sunday. I want you guys to know I took every photo with you in mind. You were with me every step of the way. To be able to share these photos hopefully will convey to you the feeling of being there. I know many of you live far away or on the other side of the WORLD. To be able to share these is one of the best treasures, and the best gift I could ever give to you.

If not for Dave's efforts, we wouldn't be here at all so we also need to take a moment to thank him for extending a very warm welcome and always taking time to show us the way. When you work with the animals, you never walk alone. The Sanctuary is so beautiful it fills your heart with the things that you love. It gives us very good reason to see - just why we came this way.
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1492

Any feedback would be appreciated. We need to remember to thank Alex too for his eternal dedication & work - the man "behind the scenes" who brings this all to life. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions, together we will see if we can find the answers.
Enjoy Cool

Ace
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
WOW Ace! Very Happy

I want to Thank You, Alex, TD and anyone else that I missed, for making this all possible for us to see. Very Happy
I must say the LUMERS RULE they are such beautiful animals. Razz
I never realized just how fluffy & big the B/W ones were until seeing one of them with Dave. Cool
With getting hit with both Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Wilma, Dave and everyone has truely did an amazing job keeping everything together for us. Very Happy
This is far the best gift you and everyone at Tigerhomes could give to us. Very Happy I would like to Thank everyone again. Cool
Looking forward to the Tigerhomes Visit & Update Part 2! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Adding THANKS! Reply with quote
Well - Let's see....WHO ELSE DO WE NEED TO THANK...

JASON, DONNIE, VAL, DR. KRAMER, OTTER JOHN, MURF, GREG AND EACH ONE OF YOU..... AND ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS WHO HELP SUPPORT THE WORK BEING DONE AT TIGERHOMES Exclamation

Think of anybody else - feel free to add them Exclamation This is such a great place - and I was thinking the other day - NOW WE CAN SAY WE HAVE "SAMPSON & GOLIATH" Twisted Evil

Ace
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote
I'm absolutely blown away by the pictures Exclamation Everything looks so lush and oh-my-gosh the lemurs. What's to say - beautiful. Haven't seen much of the brown lemurs myself and there's a picture. Expressing my thanks to everyone just doesn't seem enough. Already printed it out in color and it's going in my scrapbook.

Quick question - the plant on the first page would be what?

Rocking my world,
Barbara
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats a vine that is native to Cuba and grows along the fence in the front yard and on a couple of other spots in the Sanctuary ! I always forget what it is call but grow fast and the flowers are beautiful and will root from a cutting !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Virtual Tour Reply with quote
Cathy! I am totally WOW'd Surprised by the beautiful pictures and VIRTUAL TOUR of Tigerhomes as you experienced it.....and now us. Very Happy Right along with you. Your POCKET NERDS! Quick! Catch! A million thanks are headed your way. Cool

As busy as you are between your 'day job' and your life-long commitment to caring for animals you still took the time--somewhere, somehow--to put together this awesome write-up of your Sanctuary Visit! I rather feel as if I had been there.(well...almost Wink ) A very special gift you have given us. Smile A treasure. Very Happy (I'm with you BarbaraJ....I want to know what that plant is...and this is SAVED for sure! When we all meet down there one of these days(notice I said WHEN Razz ) you MUST bring that scrapbook of yours...*mumbles:wish I had started one way back when*....what an awesome idea Exclamation )

Part 1???? So there's more..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I am SO looking forward to seeing the next installment. Idea
Big thanks too go to Alex since he must have been diligently working feverishly behind the scenes to get this all coded and inserted and whatever else is involved in getting this up for viewing. WHAT A TEAM!

Native to Cuba...Grows fast...flowers are beautiful and will root from a cutting. hmmm, well, it's a start. Twisted Evil Our mission. Should we decide to accept it.....
SOMEBODY must know what the name of that plant is! Laughing Anybody? I looked briefly at starflowers on the web because I thought maybe it was a variation of that plant. Findings are inconclusive. Confused It is a lovely plant.

vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cathy,

This was even more wonderful than I expected it to be. Very Happy Laura named it best - a VIRTUAL TOUR! Missions Accomplished! Those pics were so beautiful, and seeing them so large really gives the sense of being right there with you!

THE LEMURS ARE KILLER GORGEOUS Exclamation Those pics do them justice, and we can see evey hair in their beautiful coats, as well as their awesome looking eyes. No doubt I'd be momentarily paralyzed if I saw a creature that awesome in real life!

"Life isn't every breath you take, it's every moment that takes your breath away." --

Looking forward to Part II!

Special Thanks to the The Invisible Code Dude (Alex)! Many many thanks to all who make this unique experience possible.

Thank you Ace for carrying us with you in your heart.

Val

Denise
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very lovely article and pictures for those of us that can't be there. I hope this can be added to the front web page for new viewers of the THO website. I am terrible at writing, but Ace, you are wonderful!
nikki
* Little Nerd *
* Little Nerd *

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow that was wonderful almost like being there visiting everything is so beautiful and the lemurs are so big and gorgeous thanks so much for sharing can't wait until I get the chance to come down and visit
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome! Very Happy Awesome, cool, wicked, jammin, (put your own adjective here) tour of what TigerHomes "is" (and especially of the lemur habitats! I've always been partial to the lemurs myself Smile) Someone should compile a "sounds of TigerHomes" track or CD to go along with this! Smile I'd listen to that (for an hour or 2 quite honestly... Smile)

I'd like to visit sometime too, but I reealy doubt I'll be able to pull myself away from work any time soon Sad

Very nice... I should really check in more often ~ Smile
t~e
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Very nice... I should really check in more often ~

You have been missed! Razz I hope all is going well with work. Very Happy I've been buried under a workload before -- so I know how that can be! When you come up for air -- don't forget that there is a Part II to Ace's visit!

Lions & tigers & (leopards?) ... OH MY! Shocked Very Happy Cool

Can't wait to see it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
there a great chance part 2 will be on the site tonight !!!

enjoy !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That would be such a beautiful treat for us TD! Very Happy
Thanks you guys. Very Happy Razz Cool

Looking forward to tonight! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Part II is now posted. Very Happy
-----------------------

Arrow Part II - Golden Tiger Habitat, Sanctuary Grounds and Flowers by Ace
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
WOW! It sure IS Exclamation Very Happy Exclamation Very Happy Cool
Did you see Sherikon's EYELASHES?? Very Happy Wink
The pictures are ALL wonderful and everything is looking so beautiful there. What a paradise the sanctuary is. Ace, I don't know how you do it but you do it so well...........you TAKE US THERE and I want to say THANKS AGAIN (& again & again Very Happy ) for creating these narratives for everyone. You are spoiling us and I am truly enjoying every bit of it. (betcha I know what BarbaraJ is doing right now Razz Wink )

The plants and flowers blow me away Exclamation Pics of the Goldens! Bliss!........and I am still on a mission to find out what that 'un-named' flowering plant/vine is. Going back for another 'tour'. Arrow Arrow

I want to say thanks to Alex here too for the 'thankless' job of coding this series so quickly for us nerds to enjoy.........THANK YOU BATMAN. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: