Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Disappearing Post

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Disappearing Post Reply with quote
Ok, sent a pm but no response yet, so Im asking here.. Rolling Eyes Has anyone had trouble with their posts disappearing? I know I had one or two in a certain thread last night and when I checked this morning...they were gone....So, if anyone has any info, Please let the kitty know! Thanks! Smile
imashell
African Leopard
African Leopard

Location: Illinois, Watching 700 lbs of tiger hiding in 8" of grass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Something is goofy Kitty. Sent a PM last night to someone and still don't know if they got it. It wasn't in my "boxes" anywhere.

Check with the "monitor" maybe it got moved?

Stupid questions are a cure for Ignorance! An annoying cure sure, but... Very Happy
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL....well maybe the person just hasn't had time to answer you yet. LOL...I'm talking about a whole post that disappeared here in the forum, not a PM...And I went to thru my profile history and its not even showing up in there either! LOL....I would second guess myself because I was so tired from working a 17 hr day yesterday, but I know it was there and besides, it's happened before....Ok....done ranting.... Rolling Eyes
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was there.....I saw it. One I know of since it made me question myself for a moment..."wasn't there a post here" huh??? My guess is that it may have happened by accident or glitch......or perhaps were some posts being moved around and your's got 'Lost in Space' somewhere, somehow.....wonder if it's retrievable? I remember when we all lost a lot of posts when the forum got a cleaning up but with everything else going on right now I doubt a general forum clean-up is high on the list at the moment. So....I don't think that's it. It's curious for sure.
nikki
* Little Nerd *
* Little Nerd *

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep same here I posted in two threads and one of them disappeared I to thought maybe I was just tired glad to know it wasn't just me...lol

Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Weird Shocked Well this happened about a year ago too. Some forum phantom. Seriously no clue why.

PHPBB is full of bugs. Lets just hope this is only a hiccup and it goes away!
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL...Yeah, we can only hope. Wink Thanks for at least setting my mind at ease and now I know for sure I'm not losing it! Well, not yet anyway...hehe...Thanks Alex! Razz
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear Nerd Mates,

Maybe this will help answer the question of posts disappearing:

Sticky about Dave's Updates:
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=786

The forum containing Dave's updates are heavily moderated so that his updates are more visible. And I do try not to leave that unattended for too long so that visitors will be able to see the AWESOME progress with the cams, habitats, website, etc. at Tigerhomes. Noone is being targeted -- but it is important that his updates are not "buried" in any of those threads.

I hope that this answers some of your questions.

Best Regards,

Val

tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Val thank you and make perfect sence !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOL....thanks for the reminder Val and for now on I'll be sure and watch what and where I post and can only hope others follow. You guys are Great!!! Wink Razz
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Val - at least YOU are doing your job. I've been mostly absent. That's why I claimed it's some "forum phantom" not thinking this was referring to Dave's heavily moderated updates thread. Embarassed We did have a strange thing happen a year ago -- posts were lost and it had NOTHING to do with moderators. I was worried this was happening again.

------------------

I would like to state that the reason we keep Dave's updates heavily moderated is BECAUSE that thread was created in response to feedback we received from 2 Gold Level Sponsors -- "We need a place that we can go to and read what Dave says without too much chatter" we are honoring their wishes from long ago -- HOWEVER, during the time this idea was presented to me, this forum was a very different place and required constant moderator attention.

I still say Dave's updates needs to remain heavily moderated even though the forum has mellowed out a lot. Members are encouraged to PLEASE respond to Dave, ask questions, join in the fun. Just don't expect that your post will stay forever in that thread-- even awesome posts may get NUKED so Dave's posts are more visible. It's extremely important we keep that dialogue open. If there's anywhere you SHOULD BE posting it's in that thread especially if you have questions for Dave or comments.

I'm in awe over the members that have documented events though snapshots especially when they directly correlate to what Dave is discussing (you guys KNOW who you are). Val and I will do our best (it's always a judgement call) to make sure we keep the extrmely relevant posts intact. This is especially true now that the forum has matured from those crazy days! Twisted Evil I just don't want anyone taking this personally. WE NEED YOU IN THERE!

Just trying to give you guys some background on the matter. Thanks Val for all your help!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: