Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Dave's New Email & Sanctuary Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acefan1
Human Tourist
Human Tourist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Dave's New Email & Sanctuary Update Reply with quote
Hello! OK learned my lesson, I tried to update my email & LOST my ace1fan login for now. So it is acefan1!

Sure is good to be able to see all the posts and work we all put into this forum again. We are getting closer and closer to the time when we will back 100%. You all know Dave had severe financial setbacks and he is out working off property near every day now. He said he is so tired when he gets home it is all he can do to get out of the truck.

I went down to TigerHomes for the day a few days to work on the administrative side - there is so much to be done. It is always a feel your heart start beating knowing the animals are just around the next bend driving down.

I have to tell you all - the animals look more amazing than ever. They each have those unique personalities we all got to know on the cameras. When you see them in person they do take your breath away. As they walk about you can remember all the times we waited for the perfect moments to get those camera snapshots!!!!!!!! What fun we had.

I have a Kodak camera disc to pick up and I hope some photos came out good to post here. It is always a challenge to take a shot with a TIGER or LION or LEOPARD walking right up to you. Midnight is so gorgeous, yes she has a permanent white spot above her tail from her burlap bag episode, and Sampson, and Tundra & Loki and MARCAN & SHERIKON, BIG Clarence & Gypsy, King and Princess etc etc all look remarkable. Can't wait until you see them, they look so peaceful and robust. Only got a few pictures of the Lemurs and I am not sure what turned out.

Dave was busy cutting grass there in the morning & then had Greg there to help with the trimming. I was working on the laptop inside and of course we have Max, the wonder dog, GOLIATH who has REALLY grown into his skin & wrinkles - drooling, Oreo the black & white cat and Dave had a tiny gray kitten he was taking care of - maybe 4-5 weeks he found a few nights before walking about alone. Not sure what his name is yet.

Materials are being salvaged and readied to move up for the next trip to Gainesville and progress is being made there - advancing is mainly money and then time. It takes me a lot just to have the money to get back & forth. For you guys now one achievement made was we managed to get Dave an active email for now.

Dave's email now is: dave.tigerhomes@gmail.com

You guys can reach me now where I can now retrieve my email at:
cmshorter@gmail.com

Please post or write an email if you just want to say hi or if you have any questions. Thanks for your support & dedication.

Cathy (also: ace1fan and acefan1 Exclamation )
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oops! Just about missed your post, Cathy...I was looking in the wrong place. Embarassed Can't wait to see your pics, no matter how they turned out. Hope you got a shot of Loki too! Laughing Please send me a pm, Cathy, if there is anything at all I can help with on my end. I've been out of work for awhile now and have a bit of time on my hands. Rolling Eyes Kitty has admin skills too! Lol! Thanks so much for the update and we hope to hear more from you guys soon! Wink Cool
Lodaya Siberia
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha! I'm sorry, but my old account crashed the same way. Smile

It's good to hear, that TigerHomes II is going on. I have to admit, it progressing better than I had expected.

kitty24, if you have some admin skills, then do a complete admin job. Wink It's time that we have one again, which is active. Confused

"How loud must be the silence,
so that the pleading will be answered?"

- by "Samsas Traum" - "Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt"
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've offered them my help on more than one occasion, so they will have to let me know if they need me. As far as some stuff goes, like in the forum, I'll be the first to admit there are things that need to be deleted all together, but I can't do any of that without a word from the big guy. I'm still one of the mods on the forum though and trying to keep it going as much as I can. I have a feeling things will begin happening soon....I hope so anyway! Wink Cool Laughing
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Soon we are going to work on the forum and get things back in order and we will need help by the moderators once again to keep thing in line .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to pm me your new email,Dave...or you can send it via email as mine hasn't changed. Still at the yahoo ady. Still here to help in any way that I can and of course, hopefully can start back with donations soon. Wink Cool
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kitty this email you can use to reach me dave.tigerhomes@gmail.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lodaya Siberia
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My offer to do a admin/moderator job in this forum still holds Wink

"How loud must be the silence,
so that the pleading will be answered?"

- by "Samsas Traum" - "Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt"
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great we need everyone help !

thank you guys !

lets rock !!!

Donnie been working on a huge project this week that taking all his time and focus 24/7 so I have to leave him alone for now ! Sad (you guys all know I'm high maintenance LOL ) but next week will talk to him about this which he knows about its on our short list and also I want to put up a few more cameras Wink
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks,Dave! Smile
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well it pouring here now was going to work on cameras but for now have to wait until the rain stops ...
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If all goes well there will be a couple of cameras going up this week not sure if it will be Tundra an Loki turn to go live Wink
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE????? It would totally make my day...no wait, it would totally make my YEAR to see the Lokster and Tundra again! Shocked Very Happy Smile Surprised Laughing
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The White tigers are next but there a good chance we will move the Lions to their habitat an move them to Lions habitat Exclamation J and I were talking about doing it Thursday and have Dr. Kramer help us . king will need to be put in lala for this move so while he down Dr. Kramer can go crazy complete examination with blood work .

King is getting old fast and it so sad to watch but he has had a great life here with us and Princess they been together almost 15 years and she a year older then him and she been slipping too Exclamation

Worst part about having animals Sad
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I noticed that the other day when I was watching them both. Definitely showing the signs of aging,but still look good to us that don't get to see them everyday. Thank you for letting them live out their remaining years with you all of these years,Dave. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: