Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Living With Lions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Animals in the News & Animal Trivia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Living With Lions! Reply with quote
Trainer Tries to Habituate Namibia's Wildest Cats

Dave Salmoni Attempts to Make Aggressive Lions More Tourist-Friendly. Shocked
Quote:
Salmoni is a zoologist, big cat trainer and host for cable channel Animal Planet. He is living for six months at the Erindi Private Game Reserve, a tract of land 10 times the size of Manhattan. Salmoni is attempting something unprecedented -- a kind of rehabilitation of wild lions. His goal is to save this pride of big cats, considered dangerous and problematic to humans, from being killed in retaliation.

I don't know... I have some mixed feelings about this. Confused
Really, I think he should get out while he's ahead of the game.
I guess this is something I'll have to follow & see what happens at the end.
Anyways thought I would share it with you all. Very Happy

Arrow http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=8275945&page=1
Source: ABC News
By KIMBERLY LAUNIER
ERINDI GAME RESERVE, Namibia, Aug. 11, 2009

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikki
* Little Nerd *
* Little Nerd *

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually taped both of the first shows but have not got to watch them yet from the previews I have some very strong feelings about these guys going out and filming these beautiful prides of lions but I will watch before I make a final judgement thanks for the update
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i don't know if this is the same man or not but this is some weird clip but i am wondering if it is working somewhat of the same way a wolf pack works
with the wolf pack thinking a human they grew up with as one of their own

here is that video i found on you tube but not sure if it is the same one your talking about Confused

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oEYH7m1cmo

since that is what it looks like to me. Kind of sounds like that guy who uses croc teeth to be able to get up close to crocs with out getting attacked of course the teeths are fake

BL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
even though their are alot of things about wild animals behavoir and stuff that are still a mystery and on how or what they think who knows maybe wild instant doesn't run them like a ball :/

BL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Animals in the News & Animal Trivia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: