Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The Tigerhomes Site: Problems that need addressing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spazza
Field Mouse
Field Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: The Tigerhomes Site: Problems that need addressing... Reply with quote
Thort it might be a good idea to have a thread which addresses any problems in the Tigerhomes site

This way when whoever it is who is required to address these problems can do so -

1)better still if they can leave a post as to a yay or nay on this & tick the - notify me when a reply is added - then they can view & take note of the problem & deal to it when they are able OR

2) if it is something they are unable to do then they could notify someone else in thier team who IS able to

I also think the person who addresses whichever problem needs to post with a heading in thier post as to which problem they are addressing & repost in the same post notifying that the problem has been addressed

This will eliminate alot of wasted time for all & will go along way in tidying up & sorting out what is what with this site - least then Dave will know too whos doing what

I have read a number of threads - OLD THREADS - where alot of the links aren't even available to view now - not much point having them there if they dont work

eg:
Other Animals - Cams (Animals in the News & Animal trivia thread)

There ya go - theres a job for someone Very Happy

"Be Patient - All Good Things Take Time"
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay I'm at work and maybe reading this wrong, but what exactly are you saying does not work in that "other animal-cams" thread? I tried several links and they still worked for me, but I guess there is a chance that some of them are no longer working for one or many reasons. But if I am correct in understanding you, there are well thousands of posts in the forum and I'm sure there are probably hundreds of links buried in them somewhere. My guess is it would be very time consuming and next to impossible to delete each one that may not work. Someone would actually have to sit here and go through every single post and check each link, and I really don't know of anyone that has that kind of time. I do want to thank you as you're coming up with ideas and that says alot about you since you have just recently joined. I am one of the moderators for the forum so I will help you and anyone else out as much as I can. thanks again. Cool
Spazza
Field Mouse
Field Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitty24 wrote:
Okay I'm at work and maybe reading this wrong, but what exactly are you saying does not work in that "other animal-cams" thread? I tried several links and they still worked for me, but I guess there is a chance that some of them are no longer working for one or many reasons. But if I am correct in understanding you, there are well thousands of posts in the forum and I'm sure there are probably hundreds of links buried in them somewhere. My guess is it would be very time consuming and next to impossible to delete each one that may not work. Someone would actually have to sit here and go through every single post and check each link, and I really don't know of anyone that has that kind of time. I do want to thank you as you're coming up with ideas and that says alot about you since you have just recently joined. I am one of the moderators for the forum so I will help you and anyone else out as much as I can. thanks again. Cool

Hi Kitty,

OMGoodness no Laughing i'm not saying & certainly no one would expect someone to go through each individual thread - yes that would be extremely time consuming - what i am suggesting is if anyone who is viewing the site comes across a link that is no longer working, to post about it in here (or even paste the link of the thread in here) so you guys know where the problem is

Another possibility could be that the poster of the thread try locate another link in relation to the subject if theyr notified that the link is down

Also if a problem is posted which you are unable to intervene on eg: something that Donnie needs to do - he could then be notified & a - Donnie - put in the post of the problem - so when he does come in he can browse through the posts & see where the probs are that relate to him

The reason i'm suggesting this is because it is quite a big site - & yes i still get lost heaps Laughing - & i think it would just help for some of those moderators etc who have been tied up with other things & who havnt been able to come in as often get to what needs to be done quicker when they do come in

Am also suggesting this because it is an educational site - which does involve children - & there is nothing more frustraing than learning about somthing & wanting to view links in relation to it & finding ya cant

Will have to find me way around to find the links i was talking about in the above post - but off the top of me head i'm pretty sure it was the eagle post in that section - will find it & post the link to the post here - altho you probably well & truly know yr way around in here to find it Laughing

Hugz Fi

Here it is Kitty - WOW - didnt take me long to find it this time Very Happy

Its the 1st post in this thread

mms://lastream001.galaxytelevision.net/hh001

When i try to view this i get this message -

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not responding. If you entered a URL or path to play the file, verify that it is correct. If you clicked a link to play the file, the link may not be valid.

& this 1s on the 4th post from the bottom on page 2 - it dosnt go anywhere other than advertisements

http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/default.asp

Update: Thank you very much for sorting that out Kitty - is very much appreciated - Huge Hugz to you

"Be Patient - All Good Things Take Time"

Last edited by Spazza on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lol...thanks for setting me straight on that one. If you'll check out the latest post in that thread, you will now find a link that does work and will get you to the eagle cams. Wink Cool
Lodaya Siberia
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitty24 wrote:
...and i do look for some posts to be deleted soon.

Okay, I think someone or something did it already, although not in this way it initially should be done. Wink
I talk about this thread:
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=53566#53566

If you want to post something in this thread or if you want to see the first page of the thread you will see this message:
Quote:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/tiger_org/animal/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 222

So, this was everything I wanted to post here and don't be bothered about my possibly bad english today, but you don't know how late it is here. Wink
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lol....I understand you perfectly, Lodaya. Your English is much better than you realize. Not sure who or what, but it looks like that "stuff" was deleted and that is perfectly okay and we can just leave that "stuff" in the past and now focus on the important things. Thanks to you also, for getting in here and posting when you can and helping keeping this forum active. It can be bigger and better than ever if we all just put in a bit of effort. :^)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: