Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

WHERE ARE THE TH FORUMMEMBERS ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lodaya Siberia
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Barbarylion wrote:
[...]I try to make the topic understandable and i was never that good in writing at least i am doing something instaid of giving up i can never find a way to improve

If you want to improve something, then improve your style of writing. That sounds strange, but it's true.
For example read the title of this topic:
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8332
"What if questions or why does question or is it good or bad"
Don't take it amiss, but I can't even understand that you want to say with this. No one wants to reply to threads those they must read several times to understand everything.
The next problem is that you construct a theory, but you don't have any arguments. Besides we have hardly anything with that we can discuss. What shall we say except for "You're right" and "You aren't right" and nothing else?
This is not only your problem. For example in this topic: http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14370
...you can see these problems, too.

Barbarylion wrote:
it is almost like your asking me to be some Superman or someone that can read minds on what you or the others want to read on topics from the top of my head sorry my topics are never interesting i get no credit for trying.

For the case that you understood me wrong: In my opinion your topics are interesting, but I already wrote why no one replies to them.

Barbarylion wrote:
i have faith the forum will grow again

The forum is unkempt and unclear, the rest of this site, too.
The administrators aren't there.
How much members are still active? Five?
The most active threads are something like Happy Birthday-Threads.
Why should the old members come back and new members join?

If we cannot solve these problems, the forum will not grow again.

...Pardon my fatalism.
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lodaya Siberia wrote:

Quote:
The forum is unkempt and unclear, the rest of this site, too.
The administrators aren't there.
How much members are still active? Five?
The most active threads are something like Happy Birthday-Threads.
Why should the old members come back and new members join?

If we cannot solve these problems, the forum will not grow again.

5 is better than 0

Also may i point out you can't pleaze everyone all over the world no matter what you do Mad, I know i am not here to pleaze everyone in this forum posting and hoping that members will find my topics i post easy to read and interesting to keep talking about it i am not looking for debates on weather i am right or wrong i am here because i am a feline fan most but still a animal fan like you and everyone else ya cats is my good interests and that i can have topics about but still again i repeat not here to try to pleaze everyone in the forum you don't have anything to reply don't not here to force anyone to yea alot of the old posts from 2007 and 08 was something new for me since this was my first forum i joined and gona ride till i die.

Lodaya Siberia wrote:

Quote:
"What if questions or why does question or is it good or bad"

yea that thread was hard to think up a title for Embarassed. still got 4 replies

bur for now gonna go try to think up topics and keep posting till i get a hot topic

you can give up but I'm not giving up i am gonna continue to think positive.

been here since 2006 so i know i am still kicking i am gonna ride till i die.

i am done with this topic for awhile if you have suggestions or want to help go to my new topic (A List of Topics) to suggest certain topics you may think will make anything happen. staying on just this topic isn' t gonna do me any good or the forum.

well i got to go think as well as study.

may i end this reply by saying maybe we should get back to what this topic is mainly about not to sound rude or anything or be a meany

BL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
alot of the old members like ace, keykey, and the others could be busy in truth kind of like i was with the past 2 months.

I did peak my head in to just read

not much changed a bit changed
and i hope they return the loyal members like me. I've been loyal since 06 and i am still loyal to this forum and help in my own way. eventually ill find a way that actually works with donations since the mail would be disaster

BL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Getting back on track Reply with quote
And you are doing great, BL! Regardless of what others or some may think, we have members from around the world and not everyones grammar or spelling is going to be perfect. Not getting started on this for now. But yes, some people have things going on, and I myself have had some major personal issues to deal with, but that is my own concern, but I will be back as soon as I get settled in. I for one, have not dissed Dave and TH, and never will. And everyone has their own idea of how the forum or the website should be ran (or is it run..lol), and not everyone is going to agree on all things. I'll stop at that. We all need to stop with the negativity and like Barbary, keep on thinking positive....Good things will happen if we all pitch in and help. It takes us all, not just one or two.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to post or you can send me pm as I check messages everyday.
Nice to see the both of you in here posting, and like I said, we all have the right to agree or disagree, but we're all here (or should be) for Dave and Tigerhomes, that is the main priority here. Wink Laughing Cool
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
good to hear from you kitty and ty going onto other topics now

BL
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well i am trying to improve my writing even though no ones perfect like lodyia said if i want to improve, so i am working to improve but thinking up ideas for topics since i tend to prefer to stay in the topics that relate to cats and the cat Species but i tend to get ideas for topics over time i never go through the lemur topics since i prefer to stay where i know and have interests in learning.

BL
Lodaya Siberia
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone explain me, why my last post in this thread is gone?
It can't be a back up or something like this, because Barbarylion already replied to it.

Barbarylion wrote:
[...]so i am working to improve but thinking up ideas for topics since i tend to prefer to stay in the topics that relate to cats and the cat Species[...]

It crosses my mind that we should post some threads (for example about some cats or something that has to do with some animals etc.), those have topics, whose we can discuss. But these topics should be some, whose we don't have the same opinion... the methods of peta for example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Rant & Rave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: