Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

WHERE ARE THE TH FORUMMEMBERS ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infernitigris
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
602 €
buchen

Buchen bei: 01.06. Di09:35 - 16:5813h 23mBerlin Tegel - JacksonvilleContinental 1
15.06. Di06:35 - 08:0519h 30mJacksonville - Berlin Tegel
Continental1LTURfly: 602 € | opodo: 608 €

602 € p.p.
mhh 1 stop is ok
i'am cominnnnn

06.June.2010
to
15.june.2010

i brook that flight
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
COOL i should be all settled by then !

We are having terrible storms right now so i have lost this post a few time will be on later !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Infernitigris
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
its ok
Lodaya Siberia
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Guys,
...and his initially doubts convert into suddenly spontaneity. Wink
Enjoy the trip, Infernitigris. Smile I cannot come with you, because I have to go to school in these weeks and I want my Abitur/higher education entrance qualification.

But I want to come back to the topic of this thread:
Our site lost the main point for many users, when the cams gradually switched off. For new users Tigerhomes became uninteresting, because there was not much what they could allure.
For some of the old users Tigerhomes became uninteresting, because the forum was too inactive and the cams didn't work often enough. But I guess the main problem is that many of the old members are too unmotivated to do something for Tigerhomes or they have not enough time and ways for helping, what lead to (among other things) to this missing motivation.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
unmotivated is such a GREAT word and you are right no motivation to help ! And that the big problem when it comes to animals everyone say they love them but in reality most people do very little to help. Look around people that care about animals and try to do something are always asking for help because it takes so much money and there never enough funding ! People like myself have to beg and beg for the littlest amount of susport and have to jump through hoops to make that happen ! Look around people that said they cared but when things get bad when they are needed the most they can't even make a post after all the hours of enjoyment that they have all receaved from TH over the years ! Just go through all those snap shots thats been taken and all the things they have learned and the people they have meet because of Tigerhomes and the animals that live here not counting meeting me !!! hehe !!!

But that's OK they will be back when they wake up ! LOL !

This should not be about the cams this should be about what TH stand for and for the amount of effort that been put into the MISSION !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Infernitigris
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome back Lodaya

you realy can't come with me Crying or Very sad but's not so bad .... if ya learn much than you'll be realy rich later Razz much money 4 donations Razz

unmotivated is a realy nice word for that what i think about this mhhh.. BooN's Mad

Dave ??
Quote:
But that's OK they will be back when they wake up ! LOL !

they don't sleeping now they are gone maybe 4 ever !!!!!!!!! the most members lost this forum because they are realy big boon's !!!!!!!!! we will find new members maybe loyal and maybe members who don't need the cams !!
Spazza
Field Mouse
Field Mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Infernitigris wrote:

we will find new members maybe loyal and maybe members who don't need the cams !!

Infernitigris - i couldn't agree with you more

"Too much of a good thing becomes expected - when it is no longer available you find out exactly who your friends are"

Dave - Have you thought about maybe using the cams as an event to look forward too for those who dont want to commit or cant donate on a regular basis? eg: a pay per view type scenario (eg: $10 - 20$ for 48hr cam access every weekend or fortnight from this date to that date) this would cover worldwide times for those outside of yr countrys time zone & give families the opportunity of some together time watching & learning together & may be more affordable for some than a long term commitment -

this could also be done as a - make a &10 (or wotever) donation - email letting us know - when the donations been recieved - we will send you a code (or link) to access the cameras for a 24hr period for the following weekend type thing

In both situations they could also be added to the donation list of that month

Am just brainstorming a thought really & thought i'd ask

"Be Patient - All Good Things Take Time"
Antipodi
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey everyone I'm back ...I havent been around not because I didnt want cause I really missed you guyz ...last time i tried to get on a message came up sayin I was banned ...I was devestated and ran away with my tail between my legs wounded ..but after a few years of missing yah but not forgetting yah ...I decided to have one more try and viola here I am ready willing and able to rejoin this fabulous site and all its wonderful work and glory ...Dave you do fabulous job with the worlds tigers awareness and I totally support your cause and the way you're promoting it ..keep up the great work and now I will settle down and read some more of the great info on this forum
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Tigerhomes Sanctuary Reply with quote
And I have to repeat it.....Glad to have you back!! I think we all need to make more of an effort to get in here and get the forum active again. It doesn't take long to make a short post, if even just afew lines. Won't go into details, but I'm guilty too of slacking the past year. Deaths in family, job loss, etc, etc....but still trying to hold it together on my end. That's going to change. The new year will be upon us before you know it, and I say let's ALL get ready to get this place rocking again in 2010! I may have been out of sight, but Tigerhomes and the animals, Dave and Jason, Cathy, have never been forgotten and I think about you guys very much. Get ready....Tigerhomes....the next chapter is about to begin! Anybody with me on this?
Ps- Everyone knows that Facebook has become probably more popular now than 'MySpace, and we did a start a fan page for Tigerhomes. I know the link was posted awhile back, but somehow got lost along the way, but I will post it here again shortly...or if you have a facebook account, just go to the search option and put in Tigerhomes, and something should come up. I'm working on that too, trying to get it back in action as it's been a bit "quiet" there too, but we've gotten quiet afew members this year, so check it out. Oh, and yes, we are going to try our best to get the man himself to join. TigerDave.................. Please?? Wink Laughing Cool
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
beleive me i tryed but i gues my topics are hard even if it is for education

i pop in now and then been busy trying to get my life together so i can work with big cats and also i wanna try to get a full time back at Charmingfare farm i miss my fav Mount Lions Sad i already failed my drivers ( written ) test 3 times hopefully gonna pass it soon.

and yes i wouldn't mind driving down to help dave out.

and also i am not a facebook person more of a myspace somewhat person :/

ego=nieve and ego = higher chances of a injury <- my saying

BL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i do what i can every time i am on to help i even tryed to send donations down back in the day but it failed Crying or Very sad

maybe i am trying to hard to help i wish i was rich then i could send enough to cover everything

i try posting each day but i type posts but all i read is an echoe

BL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lodaya Siberia
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Barbarylion wrote:
i try posting each day but i type posts but all i read is an echoe

The Problem is that we never lead a discussion. We rarely have intersting topics, those are worth to be discussed. This is a problem that we already have for years, by what our forum is so inactive now. For that reason no new members join us. Why should they?
You are one of the few, who tries for make interesting posts and/or topics, but many of us don't have the motivation to post something. Why should we? No one does. Anyway we have something better to do.

...A cheer for stylistic devices.
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not gonna give up everyone else can but i'm not and i guess i am the only one thinking up topics or trying to think up stuff to be interesting
in means of education/learning i am not here to look at webcams like everyone else is i am hear learning each day even when i can't i try to learn something each day

i never came for the web cams i tryed some but didn't find them inetresting to use each day those that can can but i don't have 2 and i choose not 2

BL
Lodaya Siberia
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's great that you think so, but the topics those you post don't often get the attention they needed, because the motivation to occupy oneself with them is not there (or at least we think that we can write the responses later).
I already noticed the lack of motivation, when I wrote some threads with the topic what we can change in our forum. I admit that I get responses, but only a few of them had something to do with my suggestions. The rest was often something general that had to do with the effort to write something like that, that did not really help on the topic.
But it is important for our forum that we discuss such topics (that involve your's). For example we could discuss something, that someone found out concerning tigers, animal behaviour or whatever, whether it could right or not, whether it is just a thesis and the arguments are missing or wrong or whether it is reasonable. Why are we so retiring, when we could discuss something?
Forums are there to discuss something. Birthday-threads and "I'm glad that you are back again/- you could post something"-posts with no important content don't help us.
I would be glad, if we could discuss this topic right at least. Smile

Barbarylion, if you came because of the webcams or not, is not relevant. If TigerHomes would only be a site, where you can watch webcams, it would miss the point to educate the people. What's more the forum should be a place for animals fans, not just for these people, who watch the webcams.

PS: barbarylion, I don't want to be impolite, but can you improve your style of writing a little bit? It's sometimes hard to read. (Yes, I know, my own style is not perfect either. But I try to improve it)
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
At least i am trying to think up topics I think us animal fans would like not like i am gonna know which your gonna want that isn't already used and i know my writing isn't perfect that is just how I am.

I try to make the topic understandable and i was never that good in writing at least i am doing something instaid of giving up i can never find a way to
improve

it is almost like your asking me to be some Superman or someone that can read minds on what you or the others want to read on topics from the top of my head sorry my topics are never interesting i get no credit for trying.

me trying to help instaid of doing nothing and hearing it is useless i have faith the forum will grow again

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

BL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Rant & Rave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: