Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mountain Gorillas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Animals in the News & Animal Trivia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Mountain Gorillas Reply with quote
Saw an awesome show on the tube last night and ws wondering if anyone else caught it or had seen it before? Actually forgot the name of it already
Embarassed but it had to do with the Mountain Gorillas and the story of 'Tyson? Showed a lot about Dian Fossie and her work, which totally rocked, and I was simply floored by this show. Must say I've never really been interested in these big guys that much, but after last night, I'm finding myself more intrigued by them, and of course, concerned about the remaining numbers. this show was very informative and I did not move for a whole hour...luckily on public tv there's no commercials! Very Happy She reminded me a lot of Jane Goodall and turns out she actually studied under her for a short while. I encourage anyone that hasn't checked this show out, if and when it comes back on, to give it a watch. They even have it out on dvd. Laughing Laughing
nikki
* Little Nerd *
* Little Nerd *

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
can't believe I missed that I was flipping channels all night here is a story about timmy who is one of the oldest gorillas love these kind of stories

http://www.wlky.com/cnn-news/18438036/detail.html
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah it was one awesome show for sure. I know sometimes you can go to the PBS site and they let you watch some of the previously televised specials. I've always been a huge fan of nature and wildlife documentaries and it's great because you can watch the whole thing with absolutely NO COMMERCIALS!! Yay! Actually saw another one last nite, 'The Dragon Chronicles! Totally awesome...they had different types of reptiles on there...everything from the reticulated (?) python, crocs, and the HUGE Komodo Dragons! And I can't forget about the different types of moniter lizzards they showed. I've never been much into reptiles much either, but have a huge respect for all these guys after watching this one. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Animals in the News & Animal Trivia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: