Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

2008 Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: 2008 Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep Reply with quote
Gosh it took me the longest time figuring out just where would be the best spot for posting on all those daily chores and improvements Dave is working on. The "Updates" thread didn't quite seem to fit for this; and then I remembered the Daily Upkeep thread here but since it's been just over a year since we last added anything to it.......figured why not just get one going for 2008?? Well, that was the thought anyway. Wink

So here it is. Razz
There should be lots to post here in days to come....... Very Happy

For starters, I'd like to say a really heartfelt THANK YOU to Dave for keeping on keeping on...
Been seeing all the upkeep and improvements Dave spoke of the other day. Day by day....cam cleaning here & there, an upgrade and new view in the RT habitat, general maintenance and clean up in the lion habitat just today (oops make that yesterday now--Sat. it was) Saw three of you guys in there working like crazy getting it all nice and spiffy looking!! Sure does look great! The clear views from the cams are marvelous & I know what a job that is to keep them all nice and clean; especially when the animals seem to really enjoy 'marking' them just as soon as it's done. Wink Laughing Some people might think......just go wipe them off! Well it's not really that simple. I'm thinking there is much involved with accomplishing that task. Not a job you can do while there are very large exotic felines fully "locked and loaded" who must moved to another area prior to entering any of the enclosures for any type of work related activity inside. (Don't know about you guys but I sure don't relish the idea of being bent over picking up sticks or somesuch and having a very large carnivore creeping up behind me Surprised Wink Laughing )

So anyway.........short story long.......it's Exclamation SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS Exclamation to see everything getting shipshape.

Dave, you are the best! THANKS SO VERY MUCH.

tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you got that right ! hehe !!!

you are not going into those habitats with the big cats still in there that's for sure

i been working on irrigation what's on top of all the habitats because it getting summer hot here so this way i can run the water and cool them all off !

Anyway back to work !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ahHAH! One of my little mysteries solved!! Irrigation on TOP! Never could figure how those sprinklers could shoot the water clear over the fence into the habitats like that.

Yeah, the tigers all really seem to love 'sprinkler time' and relish it. Great for a cool down. Princess and King are another story Surprised ....as are Sampson, and Midnight too, I think, tho Midnight certainly seemed to enjoy playing with it from the hose. But hey, even if they don't care much for being IN the spray (or rain Wink ) they sure take advantage of the cooler areas once it's been wetted down........seems like that's what I'm seeing anyway.

Thanks for that tidbit! Very Happy
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong......I frequently am Exclamation Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: