Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Landscape

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Landscape Reply with quote
The blue flowers that I see on the trees/shrubs at the sanctuary right now are so pretty. Mind sharing the name of them? I can see them right now on the Bengals Cam #2.

BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: True Blue Reply with quote
Plumbago - very pretty plant indeed - the look of it reminds me of a hydrangea.

North Carolina - Seattle - Florida - check out the sanctuary and find out what's up with Clarence - back to NC. What a great idea but makes me dizzy Laughing
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice snapshot Barbara!

Plumbago plant <-- I've heard the name a MILLION TIMES and never even knew what they looked like...hehe THX ACE

Very Happy
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: True Blue Reply with quote
Thanks, Alex, and thank you, Ace, for the up close pix of the plumbago. Hydrangeas in Seattle Exclamation So much for me to see there and so little time.
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hiya'll..........had to laugh a little BarbJ when I saw the snapshot. It was getting dark and I had just taken a snapshot of those flowers glowing in the twilight. Boy is it good to know I'm not the only one. Laughing Seriously, though, they ARE gorgeous, they DO remind me of hydrangeas........they also bring phlox to mind. True blue, huh? Now that is a very interesting plant fact.

Pretty please get some pics to share of your trip???>>> Smile How nice to have that to look forward to Exclamation

BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Blue Flowers Reply with quote
Wow, we were both looking at the plumbago at the same time and were taken with its beauty - kindred spirits Wink And the hydrangeas and pholx have to be close family friends to the plumbago flowers.

We don't have a digital camera but I'll use my trusty 35mm and click away while in Seattle. Yes we are looking forward to it even though it is only for 5 days. I REALLY need a break from the workday grind. Need some rest for the soul. Smile
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: R&R Reply with quote
Wondering just how much physical R&R you'll be getting with so much to do and see Wink Very Happy but RIGHT ON about good for the soul. For sure. Enjoy Exclamation Very Happy

Oh yes, we are all pretty much kindred spirits here aren't we? Even Clarence likes those flowers........I saw him sniffing them a couple days ago Shocked Not only do we get to watch the lions, tigers, leopards & lemurs (ohmy!lol) but they are surrounded by lush foliage and cool flowers........and I even get in a little bird watching in between 'acts'. Laughing

click on thumbnail for larger view

I think those are catbirds.........does anyone know for sure??? (hmmm, sort of appropriate name for a bird hanging around a BIG CAT sanctuary, huh?haha)

BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Pix Reply with quote
GB3llma - Like your snapshot of Sherikon & Marcan as it is so rare for me to catch them together. I have lots of Marcan but very few of Sherikon. Takes a lot of cam watching and good fortune for us get the picture we want Very Happy

And thanks, Dave, for getting Lions 4 & 5 working again. These are great views.
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Elusive Sherikon Reply with quote
So true BarbJ, while Marcan could almost be pegged as a 'ham' for the camera, getting a really good one of Sherikon is tough. After over two years of trying.....with some coming oh-so-close--I still am waiting to get a close-up, full face, looking-at-the-cam pic of her. Surprised Laughing She is one very elusive golden tiger. (and I was really geeked about getting that pic of them--thanks! Luck does play a very large part of it!)

And my thanks, too, for all the cam work.......and I see that their habitat is getting a going over today too!! Never a dull day at the sanctuary. Shocked

BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Plumbago Reply with quote
I am so excited Exclamation Went to my favorite garden center this morning and was looking around to see what else I could add to my garden. Low and behold, they have plumbago plants. Not the gorgeous vine type that we see on the cams but ground cover ones and they should produce blue flowers. I got one just to see how it does. Planted it along with some herbs for my garden. Isn't it amazing the things that make us happy Question Laughing

Last edited by BarbaraJ on Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes it is !!! And by the way it will grow like a vine just like what you see on cams ! I got them as a bush and look what happen if you don't ever trim it !!! hehe !!!

I love the summers and the heat and will do my best work but hate watching for Hurricanes and our season starts next week !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Plumbago Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, Dave. I'll keep it trimmed back.

Glad you are "heat tolerant" and enjoy summer. I'm just the opposite - can't stand it and stay inside Rolling Eyes Exclamation I remember last year's hurricane season for Florida - hope this year is not so devastating.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fl. did get hammered last year from all those storms let hope this year is better but it only takes one to wipe you out if it's on top of you or within 60 miles of you then you are in BIG trouble !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Honor and Remember Reply with quote
WOW, Ace......we are the survivors. We all owe a debt that will never be repaid to those that this day is all about. BBQ's or camping or a 3-4 day weekend for FUN FUN FUN is all a good thing. But today is really for honoring and remembering ALL those who gave up their lives for and in service to our country (for US--hmmm U.S.of A.) In addition, I personally include those who have served & survived, and those who are currently in service. HONOR & REMEMBER......I SALUTE YOU ALL!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: