Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Midnight being a Silly Girl (movie)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Sanctuary's African Leopards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imashell
African Leopard
African Leopard

Location: Illinois, Watching 700 lbs of tiger hiding in 8" of grass

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Midnight being a Silly Girl (movie) Reply with quote
Yes, this is another Midnight "Movie" Exclamation Laughing I think that just for a while, she forgot that she was all grown up! hehehehe Very Happy

<--Link

Enjoy Exclamation Cool

Stupid questions are a cure for Ignorance! An annoying cure sure, but... Very Happy
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
awwwwww.........she's a cutie allright!! Very Happy Nice 'catch' on that sequence of pics. And thanks for taking the time to make it and share with us too! Cool
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow imashell nice little movie of our Midnight! Very Happy
Thanks for sharing it with us. Cool Razz Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
imashell
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having a heck of a time with my snaps. They're all mixed up...I'm going to have to do something about it. I think some of it is a problem of old PC verses new PC. All my files are scrambled. My .gif-s were being saved in Jpeg format...so lost tons. had the cutest "Ring-tail Party" that didn't get saved right. Took it when they were exploring the new cam placement...that loss makes me sick...was sooo neat. Crying or Very sad But still have some that I can turn into .ani-s.

Got an e-mail from someone who was watching the tigers, they had a question about the pacing. Person was worried that the enclosures were too small. Tried to explain that tigers need to exercise and not to worry. Gave as many reasons as I could about why they seem to be just pacing. Hope I cleared things up for them. Told them to "Keep Watching" and they would find that some days they just slept and were relaxed. Hope I did OK. Exclamation Shocked

Stupid questions are a cure for Ignorance! An annoying cure sure, but... Very Happy
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
All cats paces !!! No matter how big the enclosers are it not big enough considering they walk teritories of hundreds of miles in the wild !!! And they will also pace if I am outside or if they are waiting to be feed or if Greg is cutting the grass Marcan for one hates the weedeaters but these Cats here are so happy and well taken care of and don't have people staring at them all day like they do at the Zoo this is a SANCTUARY for them !!! Tigers walk the same paths even in the wild that how they are keep track of marking the same spots over and over again !!! Alway remember these animals where born in captivity and their parents were born in captivity and all they know is what is provided for them ! they have never been free !!! And we can thank us humans for that they been hunted down to a few thousand and all we are trying to do here is educate the public so they will learn to protect them in the wild and to teach our future Adults how important it is to leave the what is left wild to stay wild !!!

And while you did a good job of answering that person question you should also ask what they have done to make a difference and have they ever donated to the cause or sponcer the building of a much bigger enclosures for any Sanctuary ! hehe !!! It's easy to sit back and complain any one can do that it's the people that go to the trouble to make a difference that we care about and what these animals and this planet needs more of !!!

So please point them to the gift shop so they can be part of the solution instead of part of the problem !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikki
* Little Nerd *
* Little Nerd *

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is a SANCTUARY for them as Dave put it and that is why this place is like no other that is why I love this place and all who care and think this way for our furry friends
imashell
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Dave for the confirmation. I covered all that you mentioned in my reply to this person. phew! Haven't mentioned pricing to my, a-hem, "fans" yet. Will have to update my Journal at DeviantArt today. Will provide a direct link to the Gift Shop.

This person sounded like he/she might be a kid...signed the e-mail Pippi. Gave no link to a site, but might have found link on DA. Heck for all I know this person could have found my e-mail addy here!

Like I have said before, these are mostly young kids or students. Kids are really into the environment, so I'm hoping we will get some sign-ups from them. But Cam viewing might be up to their parents. Working on an "advertising slogan" that will encourage participation.

Later

Journals updated! Hopefully we'll see some results!

vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What you are doing is AWESOME Imashell! Cool Cool Cool

If only one of my friends had know about TH and pointed me here years ago ... I might have found this place sooner! Confused

And I can think of nowhere else on the web where you can cozy up to leopard for a safe pic - while eating a hamburger & from the safety of a computer screen! Laughing Very Happy Cool

YOU GO GIRL Exclamation

P.S. Loved the Midnight movie! Amazing how she rolls about & plays like a kitten - a VERY LARGE DANGEROUS one! Awesome animal!

tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait until you see cam 1 and 2 Sampson at night !!! you guys are going to die !!! hehe !!!I am putting in a snap shot to the gallery right now !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey! I thought I was the only one that got the "back-end" shots! Embarassed hehe....Great catch lemurDave Cool
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG TD! Shocked
Just looked at the gallery what an AWESOME view of Sampson under the lights. Very Happy
Thank You! Thank You for your hard work for us! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did that fast it was not like I was waiting !!! hehe !!! PLease tell me those are awesome night cams now for Sampson just for you guys !!!

Can you say things just got better ?

So now whats that LIONS R/Ts Golden tiger and a spotted Leopard and Cougars all are looking really well at NIGHT !!!
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
YES I can say THINGS JUST GOT BETTER! Very Happy

Those are awesome night cams! Cool
No matter how you catch them in the snapshots. Laughing

imashell
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Things are better...just got better...are the BEST!

kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hehe.....Yes, Things just got better! Cool Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Sanctuary's African Leopards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: