Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Storms May 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Ivan Reply with quote
Yes, I checked it late last night and again this morning and DO NOT like what I am seeing. That was a very brief sigh of relief after Charley & Frances. Can only hope and pray (again & again) that the outlook over the next few days changes for the better. I know it's 'hurricane season' but enough is enough!!!
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
you got that right ! They are going to send everyone away from the Keys so that is not a good sign so I am again worried about this one !!! Will not start getting ready today but Fri it will be all out if this strom is still heading this way you can count on that Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Huricanes SUCK Reply with quote
Hurican season sucks! Except for UM Football Very Happy . Ivan is pointed at us and David and I are pondering our attack plan in our heads once again. I am off to Publix and the Feed Store to stock up on supplies and airfreshiner. Anyhow, since our fans (pun Intended) are so awesome I figuered if you all "Blew" South you could easily blow a 160 MPH Hurricane away from Florida!!!! Hell, I know allot of you are full of hot air Laughing (Haha)! Anyhow, Ivan could not come at a worse time as David and I have been working extreamly hard getting the Sanctuary cleened up from Francis. Not to mention we just aquire a trio of 1:2 super rare and highly endangered "Nerdasaurouses", that we were fired up to put on cam! Ohh well! Sad
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Blow Reply with quote
Ok, everyone, you heard....start blowing. We could set up some large fans (the motorized type, haha) to give us a boost. At this point I am willing to try just about anything. (well, a l m o s t Shocked ) Fast and furious these storms are coming.....wonder which storm gods we must placate to get some relief for y'all. Wishing them away hasn't accomplished much so far. Batten down the hatches, folks, here you go again. Hoping for a turn and, as always, with you in thought.

J, had me going for a sec....thought you were a Maize and Blue fan until I realized you surely must have been referring to U of Miami. Dyed in the wool GO BLUE (UofMich) fan here.

Dropping hints....a trio? Hmmm, could they be primates? Clues! We need more clues! And ON CAM! too! Awesome. Double awesome. Now if only we can send Ivan the Terrible packing............

Oh, shoot..just reread the "Nerdosauruses" part again......is that a hint, too? Some sort of lizard, maybe? Ack! going crazy with guesses.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And I have no idea what J is talking about Laughing Laughing Laughing

I am getting stressed out with these hurricanes I can tell you that Exclamation

Are we having fun yet ???

Anyway it to far away so we will know better in a 24 to 36 hours if this one is heading our way !!! Does not look good for us right now that for sure !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Pucker Up & Blow Reply with quote
Jason wrote:
Quote:
trio of 1:2 super rare and highly endangered "Nerdasaurouses"

Hey just figured out - Nerdasaurouses - THAT'S US!!! Way to go fellow nerds - we made the BIG TIME. Only took me 2 days to figure that one out - told you I can be almost dangerous when my brain cells kick in.

Oh please you guys - somebody tell us or give us some hints Laughing
Is it a baby T-REX Question Question If not, does it have a shell, fur or scales or none of the above Question

Well all I know for sure is those poor Island folks in Jamaica are getting ready to get pounded with an 11' surf and monster winds in just a few hours. I have watched the hurricane tracking map so much I see it when I close my eyes. Then on to Cuba and .... well ... we will see. God I am trying my best to "wish it away" from the Sanctuary.
All I can say is just pucker up & keep blowing hard Exclamation Twisted Evil Exclamation Twisted Evil Exclamation

Ace
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Blowing West Reply with quote
Hey! Ivan actually steered West a bit. It must be working. (All this blowing, that is--haha) Can't give up now, though, folks. We all know these storms can change in an instant. It's hard not to be at least a little encouraged by what was showing on the weather maps this morning. Going to keep on hoping and praying (and blowing Shocked ) that Ivan keeps to the western track. Will be keeping an eye (pun intended) on this for the duration.
samacy
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Ace's Occupation Reply with quote
Good Morning Ace
Just wanted to tell you that I saw your occupation and laughed so hard.........Good One Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
samacy
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: IVAN Reply with quote
THANK GOD Ace, thank you sooooooooooo much for the update, I haven't turned on the weather channel yet today..................whewwwwwwwwwwww what a relief for TH
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Hot air Reply with quote
Guess we were all in here at the same time, hey? That's awesome Exclamation Good to see both of you, Sam and Ace! Thanks from me too, Ace for the laugh. (blowing west) Keeping fingers crossed for this one.
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Keep On Blowing! Reply with quote
Great work guys! Ivan is tracking West slightly! Every degree West it moves helps our chances big time! Keep your fingers crossed! David and I just finished cleaning up the mess from Francis! Huricans and my spelling suck! On a seperate note, I found a squirl 2 days ago that appeared to be dying from rat poison ingestions. I caught it and gave it 2 Vitimin K injections (antidote) and it appears to be recovering Smile Some of the Brown Lemurs and Ruffed Lemurs (off cam) seem to realy enjoy the squirls running in and out of thier habitats. Interspecies Enrironmental Enrichment.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes things are looking good for us with this storm !!! I have stopped working and I am just sitting down watching the Dolphin game !

Now PLEASE don't stop BLOWING because it's been working Exclamation

And we have started on the R/Tail habitat some of the cams are up and in a few days I will go in there and MAX it out !!!
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Catching our breath Reply with quote
Hiya! Pausing for a moment now to get my breath back. All that blowing West, ya know? Whew Exclamation The weather predictions are looking better for TH every time I check. I don't want to get too giddy about it yet since anything can happen, but it sure is looking like Ivan will not be terrorizing the Sanctuary at least.

So cool that you could help out the squirrel, J. Cool And interesting to hear about. I did not know that Vitamin K is an antidote for poisoning. Hope it worked....you WILL let us know, right?

It is awesome being able to see the RT's again and it is going to be so GREAT to be able to watch the work in progress in there. Way to go, Dave. And, THANKS Exclamation

(Take a deep breath, ACE, I think we all did it!! Laughing Laughing)
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: SQUIRL! Reply with quote
Ok, here is a squirl update! He is doing great! I think I will name him IVAN. I anticipate releasing him today assuming he eats well. Thanks EVERYONE for their anti-huricane wind and support! David and I love your attention and support!

J

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: baseball Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes hey did you now that boston won the world serries Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: