Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Storms May 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Riding the storm out Reply with quote
Ohmygosh, Ace, it is so good to see you in here. Have been worried sick about all of you. Watching the weather channel obsessively and was getting scared silly. Knew you were getting pounded there in Broward and am still holding on to the hope that the Sanctuary hasn't sustained any major damage. Praying to all the 'powers that be' for everyone in Florida at this point. Major, major clean-up ahead. Will this storm just move along now, please, enough is enough already! Now there is Ivan to watch, which I will be praying does not live up to it's namesake.

The gift shop is only a couple clicks away from here, folks Arrow
"Our" beloved sanctuary will be needing assistance now more than ever. Any donation, whether it be large or small will certainly be appreciated and can make such a difference in restoring any damages that the sanctuary has suffered from this storm. (Not to mention the costs of preparing for it.) We get so much enjoyment and pleasure watching the cams........to give something back in return for that priviledge, especially at this point in time when it is most needed, seems only fair and just. The costs of maintaining the sanctuary are enormous and they really do need our help in that regard. What a difference we can make if we all pitch in some, hey?
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: HURRICANE UPDATE!!!!! Reply with quote
Hey Guys! I wanted to write you all to give you the heads up after the storm! We were very lucky down here this time. The storm went North and left Dave and I only with rain and 30-50 MPH gusts. Except for a 60+ MPH gust at 4:30am and again at 4:45Am. We lost the T1 line earlier in the day due to the fact that it is hosted in BOCA. Anyhow, we did very well. The yards are totaly trashed with tree debri but the habitats are all still standing. I wish thier was some way to pass on the actual experience of smelling David and my houses durning a storm like this. My living room was similar to NOAHS ARK Very Happy ! Since I parked my motorcycle in the livingroom it basicaly smelled like Gas and S--T! Laughing sleeping next to 6 Bushbabies, 5 crocodile monitors, 12 large tortoise's, a bunch of lemurs ect sure makes a small room ripe Wink. I can only imagine Dave's extra bedroom housing 10 + lemurs with full fruit ladden bellies Evil or Very Mad Anyhow, all and all we did great! David and I plan way in advance for hurricanes. We have experienced gazzilions of preperation drills and survived Andrew. Our biggest concern is in the rebuilding stage! This is were we are going to really need the support of our fans. Remember, it takes everything we have to keep the Sanctuary running, much less the web site up so you all can enjoy the experience. I hate asking for help, but David and I need it. Because to tell you the truth, if we did get a dirrect hit or sustain sever damage, the web site and the web cams are the last priority to get repaired. Especialy with the track record of the majority of our viewers. PLEASE VISIT the Gift Shop. Every single one of you, "Our Hardcore Fans" should at the very least own all three of our Educational DVD's. Anyhow, enough of that. The Sanctuary survived yet anouther storm. We hope the T1 line gets fixed soon so we can continue capturing the heart and soul of our viewer in the hopes on instilling an interest in conservation. We are still expecting some major rain and gusts of wind so we will slowly be bringing animals out of our homes, lockdowns and secrured areas as the day progresses or even tomarow. Thanks again for everyones concerns and prayers. We Kicked As-!

Jason
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the news on how you guys weathered the storm. Breathing deep sighs of relief. With everyone safe and sound, the next big step is all the clean up. You guys (and all of Florida for that matter) have loads of work ahead. I HAD wondered just how ripe it might get with all the animals inside your homes, but ya do what ya gotta do, right? All safe is the main thing. They say you get used to most odors within about 5 minutes, but your situation may have been a bit beyond what is covered under 'most' Shocked I am just SO VERY HAPPY to hear you guys are allright and that Jason really can't pass those odors on Very Happy

Just had to go check......only 2 clicks to the gift shop Arrow Arrow

Last edited by gb3llma on Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
T-1 is back up so that means YES the cams are up !!! Will post more later !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Cams up Reply with quote
Hi folks! Just got home and had to check the cams first thing. What a treat!! Lights on goldens. Thanks, Dave. I had figured that the best I'd get would be a black screen which would at least tell me the server was back up. Got a nice surprise. About those lion shots....it was just so awesome watching King and Princess that night. Lights were on until about 1am...thanks again Dave!......they were a treat to see. Up and about moving all around. They really seemed to be enjoying the weather. Don't know if that was making them restless or if this is what goes on normally late at night, but what a show Exclamation

It is such a relief to know that everybody is safe and sound. And, oh my, the amount of clean up and work for so very many people. A very close call for the sanctuary I'm thinking. Wondering how some of our other members living in Florida are doing......hope you are all Ok.

Yippee! the cams are back.....can't wait for tomorrow to check in with them all. It will be very interesting, Dave, to hear how your "sleep-over" with all the critters went. Shocked
samacy
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just wanted to say I am so thankful that Dave, Jason and all the animals at TH are OK Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: thanks Everyone! Reply with quote
Just wanted to drop a quik "Thank You" to everyone! David and I really apprechiate all your kind words and support, and ADOPTIONS Very Happy. David and I are bussy picking up tree debre and pondering the realities of IVAN Evil or Very Mad Any how, it is always nice to read all of your kind words or support, concern, and complements! Now just SPREAD THE WORD for us! Again, thanks so much! have a great day. The weather now should make for some great snap shots, so GAME ON!
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes the game is ON Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil And guess what we are up to for all our N__DS out there ??? Yes the GAME is ON Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes Ace we were very lucky !!! That was some storm it efected all of Fl. for days !!! They say that there is still about 2 million people without power and the streets are still flooded !!!

And yes all the Lemurs in the HOUSE can be WELL a STICKY MESS !!!

BUT thank God we did not have to bring all the tigers and lions in the house and we were able to just lock them all up in their BARNS !

Now add the Lemurs with the Tigers and Lions and the other Cats in the house and now that a SMELLY NOAH's ARK !!!
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: hahahahahahha Reply with quote
Ohmygoodnesswhatanimagination Exclamation Exclamation Shredder, is it?? Too funny. You MUST live in Florida and are giddy with relief. Laughing No stops at the burrito factory, I hope, and don't forget some air freshener or candles, hey? Sounds like mayhem......and loads of fun. Twisted Evil

Wonder how long we are going to be kept in the dark about this surprise?? How many guesses do we get? Hmmm, locking Dave out of the barn is probably NOT a good idea seeing as we want him to play nice and fess up Confused (Hurry, Shredder! Tell him you were just kidding, OK? Wink )

Let' see......my guess....hmmm, since Sampson on Cam is already picked, I will have to go with: RT going live??

OK, I give.......WHAT IS IT?????
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you are both wrong !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

the Ringtails are going up this week and the people are replacing the SOD for free but with this hurricane and the Sod coming from the middle of the State which is now sitting in 3' of flood water so i can't get it yet !!!
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Wrong answer Reply with quote
Say, now that is GREAT that replacing the sod won't be at extra expense. I am guessing, but you probably have more than enough to do right now, so waiting a bit for new sod and all the work that will be may well be a blessing in disguise. (Even though I know you are most likely itching to get it done and over with)

Psst! Come on, let me in on the secret! I won't tell anyone....HONEST Exclamation Very Happy Well, it was worth a try. How about a hint? Help!! Anyone else have any ideas?

Going now to post a FYI in the topic where we were discussing the Detroit Zoo elephants. Evil or Very Mad There has been some decisions made and I am not a happy camper about it. Arrow Arrow
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Secret Reply with quote
Hey, Obviously I know the "Secret", but I'm not telling! Evil or Very Mad Anyhow, I do have exciting news that I will reveal. It has something to do with a new habitat and new TIGERHOMES resident.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Le's just hope we are done with these hurricanes ! We have Ivan heading our way and there is 2 more Tropical storms coming off of Africa Exclamation

To be honest I have not even looked at Ivan that much yet but we are still boarded up and ready for what ever Exclamation

Point being if all goes well the R/Tails lemur cams will be up ! I am wanting Donnie and i gave him the Ips late today to the SERVER so he can work his magic and put them up first before i start fixing cams and working in there so that way you can watch the PROGESS Exclamation Now once we start it will be done in a day or so ! I am so excited about working in there I love setting up the ropes and putting back NEW bamboos and watching them run all over it playing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The sod dieing and the storms have messed everything up but if all goes well it will be this week Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation AND I CAN"T WAIT Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

GAME ON !!!!
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well has anyone looked at IVAN 160 mile an hour winds Question DOES not look good for SOUTH FL Exclamation
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: