Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tiger work

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stian
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Tiger work Reply with quote
Howdy all,

So I spent a day with Dave and one of his landscaping buddies. Actually, more like half a day, I got there close to 1PM. The two of them had already been working since the morning, and yet the only way I survived the afternoon was by taking frequent breaks to go say hi to the animals.

The place is really awesome. I think Dave has more foliage going on there than the average Latin American country. It really feels like being in a jungle.

Of course, your average jungle is full of leaves and dead branches and other debris, and TigerHomes is no exception -- but not for lack of trying. We must've cleaned up a truckload's worth of debris, including the golden tiger habitat, but Dave tells me it won't be long before it's all back.

Still, we got a lot done, the place looks EVEN better now, and I got to spend a lot of quality time with the animals -- especially Ikas.
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Howdy! Reply with quote
Welcome Stian (and I'm wondering how to pronounce that Smile -haha) It is wonderful to hear about your day working at the Sanctuary. I know I sure would be distracted by the animals--BREAK TIME!! Laughing

Just got in a bit ago and have been reading through all the posts, checked out Stian's website--briefly, I admit (hadn't looked in on Ihop yet!)--I will be going back for a longer look-see soon! What I saw was pretty cool Cool It was really great to hear some news about Ikas........gotta say I do miss getting to see him occasionally and it is awesome to hear a bit about him. He seems to be a rather 'mellow-fellow' Very Happy Chuff, chuff.

Taking care of the sanctuary grounds has got to be a huge job and it is super that you guys help him out. Glad you joined the forum Exclamation Very Happy

stian
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey;

It's roughly pronounced "stee-uhn"...the name is of Norwegian origin (and so am I). I figured I'd lend Dave a viking hand down there.

Thanks for the warm welcome; I've peeked my head in as a guest before, but it was about time to register and get a little more active on the forums. (Like many others, I tend to look at the cams before I even think about the forums Shocked )

Ikas seems to be doing great, he sure had an appetite today. I'm glad to see I'm not his only fan! Very Happy

-Stian
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Viking hand Reply with quote
Thanks for the pronounciation tip Exclamation ....gonna have to roll that around in my brain a few times since my mind kept wanting to say it: st-eye-an. Smile I, too, only watched the cams at first. But it wasn't long before I started exploring the rest of the site, hungry for any information I could get about the animals and their caregivers. This was before the gallery or the forum or the many, many more pages and pages of species information, etc. etc. I used to read and re-read the chronicles--not wanting to miss a thing. When they finished the DVD's and they became available for purchase I couldn't wait to see them! I have learned so much here and I feel that I have grown a lot along with the site. So, yes, TH feels a lot like family to me. This team has a mission, it is a wonderous one, and I am most certainly 'in' for the long haul. Full steam ahead Exclamation

Be sure to tell Ikas hello for me when you see him next, OK?

AND.......this is my 400th post.........do I morph now??? Laughing

gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: 401....402.... Reply with quote
Hiya ACE!

gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: 402......403.......... Reply with quote
Hi Alex! Where are you?
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: 403......spamming......... Reply with quote
Hi Dave.....J.......oh heck....HI EVERYBODY.......

ANYTHING YET? Laughing Laughing

gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: No rules Reply with quote
OK.......I will stop. This isn't doing it. Surprised
I already knew that the rules change without notice here in Nerd-dom and we make them up as we go along so second-guessing something like 'when am I going to morph' is impossible. Keeps us on our toes, right? Very Happy I just don't know how I'm going to color-coordinate the change when it does come Exclamation Laughing

P.S. He's making me 'sweat' for it, for sure!! Very Happy
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Spring/Vernal Equinox Reply with quote
Laughing And I STILL have NO IDEA if Alex has these rankings set up for auto-morph or we are at the mercy of 'whimsy' Exclamation Rolling Eyes

Spring.......ahhhh, yes!.......have been anticipating it with relish! Even if I do have crocus blooming it will still be all of March, April and most of May before the weather STAYS warm. But it is now officially spring (yeah!) and that brings renewal--new growth and HOPE!

HAPPY SPRING ALL!

stian
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: gb3llma Reply with quote
I use the same software (phpBB) on a board elsewhere, and I can share a little secret -- the site administrator can define categories and people will automatically move up when they reach the magical threshold of posts (which can also be set by the Administrator).

Be careful not to make Donnie mad though -- he can also go give you a custom title if you want. Razz Laughing
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: forum software Reply with quote
Whoa! Noticed I'd not gotten back to this thread. Thanks, Stian for clueing me in to how these things are/can be set up. Idea

DEFINATELY don't want to offend Donnie or Alex.......not with the wicked Twisted Evil titles they could come up with Shocked (That's a compliment, btw. Very Happy)

I need to know if we are keeping this blue.......I'm not color-coordinated!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

P.S.......where the heck have you been???? Sad
stian
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Where I've been Reply with quote
Been busy at work. We're adding 6000 square feet to our facility in Boca Raton, as well as expanding to Virginia and California. Which all translates to a move to a new, nice cabinet for the Tiger Homes streaming camera server, as well as EVEN BETTER connectivity for the camera feeds. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-Stian
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Working Reply with quote
Wow! I'll say, you sure HAVE been busy. Good to see you had some time to visit in here. And just how is that for TH and US Question Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy

It sure is appreciated, I hope you know. (And you're asking how can I make a difference....... Cool)

Arrow back to napping in-between Ihop vigil Arrow Confused I took ACE at her word on sending a HEAD'S UP--staying where I can hear the computer! haha

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: