Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Gold Level Sponsor Mini-Mentor Program

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Tigerhomes.org Website Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Gold Level Sponsor Mini-Mentor Program Reply with quote
Gold Level Sponsors can recommend other members to view special project webcams for free. It’s come to our attention (thanks to Gloria2, Ace1fan, & Vlad) that many children, students, and other members may not have the means in which to pay (make a donation) to view Special Project Webcams. The member recommending someone must be a Arrow Gold Level Sponsor that has made a donation in the past 30 days and continues to make significant monetary donations.

The criteria to look for in someone you are recommending is as follows:

The person should be an active participant in the forum and a person other Gold Sponsors or members know and respect for their participation. It’s generally someone that does their best to follow the rules, maintains a professional attitude, and provides something really unique to the forum. I know it probably sounds silly to say “professional attitude” but we only want highly motivated members that respect the rules and treat all members with respect.

Here are some examples:

A member that posts numerous quality topics of wildlife / conservation subject matter and/or follows through with exploring certain topics other members have posted. These members should be citing sources (displaying URLs) and not simply copying text from other websites. They need to be truly discussing the topics and paraphrasing or summarizing text when possible. We also want to hear their personal feelings about certain topics and not just long listings of facts. It should be a mix of researched information and their own ideas or feelings -- TELL US WHY YOU FEEL A CERTAIN WAY, etc. Great posts don’t have to be long. In fact we like posts that get right to the point!

And/Or

A member that shows examples (in a series) of his/her own wildlife related artwork, their own original poems, stories, or reports. This is especially interesting to us if some of the original work involves Tigerhomes.org animals.

And/Or

A member that provides unique insight on the behaviors or general observations of the Sanctuary animals or animals they observed at other locations. They may also be someone that seems to continuously capture unique Webcam snapshots. We all know it takes time and patience to capture those prize-winning shots.

I’m sure there is other examples I could list here but you get the general idea. We want to see members with a great track record based on achievements similar to what I listed above. What’s also important to consider is improvement. Everyone makes mistakes and we are all learning here. I think someone that shows significant improvement over a period of time should be recognized for his or her efforts as well.

We need your help!

Dave, Jason and I would really appreciate and will carefully consider any recommendations you provide. We cannot promise that all recommendations will be activated to view the SP Webcams because we don’t want this to be too easy. All Gold Level Sponsors and Special Project Webcam Contributors have given so much to this project and we don’t want to take away from that. We want people to realize the privilege of being recommended is only reserved for serious members, animal enthusiasts, students, or other members that cannot necessarily afford to donate at this point in time.

Please send any recommendation(s) to Me (Alex) via PM or e-mail.

Thanks for your help!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Tigerhomes.org Website Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: