Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Walk In Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: TigerHomes Appreciation Reply with quote
Alex - thank you so much for moving this to a topic into this thread Cool

I did notice I had posted in the "Roy & Siegfried" thread Embarassed Embarassed

It was a real treasure to get to take this "Walk in Time" with Dave. There really are no words to do justice to how it makes you feel when you see the top predators of the world up this close. Turn, turn, turn - everywhere you turned, every step that I took made me realize more than ever just what the word "Endangered" truly means. For mankind to risk losing these most precious of resources is a crime against the animals & our future generations that never can be taken back.

I had long been a Gold Level Sponsor. Meeting Dave and seeing the animals through his eyes gave me such an appreciation for the beauty and scope of the TigerHomes mission task at hand. It also made me realize that Dave has literally given his life to these animals. I left there more determined than ever to try to help support the work at TigerHomes in every way. Dave's dream for those animals, and for us - had become mine.

Ace
Denise
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What a lovely post. Smile I do remember seeing it before. Glad to have it back here for those of us that can't be there in person.
imashell
African Leopard
African Leopard

Location: Illinois, Watching 700 lbs of tiger hiding in 8" of grass

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of the places in this country that I want to visit, The Sanctuary tops this very short list. Often wish my Mother was still alive to see this place, either on the computer like I do, or in person. Knowing her, 2 days after looking at the cams she'd have been in the car! During the landscaping days not only would I have been watching Dave laying sod in the R/T's habitat (while one or more of them looked on) -- I'd have been looking at Dave with Mom telling him what to put where! In her 80s no less!

Rambling again...Ace's beautiful post is so poignant, got me to thinking about that feisty lady. Which is not at all a bad thing. So many thanks to Ace for her lovely word picture and the re-posting of it.

Stupid questions are a cure for Ignorance! An annoying cure sure, but... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: