Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Walk In Time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Walk in Time Reply with quote
OK - Here is a post I have been saving for a special day and that day is today. Many of you know I lost a LOT OF POSTs - like almost 1,300 - that's another story. This one came back to me from a very dear friend of mine who had actually kept it & was kind enough to send it back to me Cool Talk about getting a treasure returned I thought was lost forever. I would like to thank that special someone for their thoughtfulness & for giving me the inspiration to put it in again...... Remember like the Sanctuary Video archives this goes back in time - a time when the Red Ruffed Lemurs were still on cam and our Baby Midnight was not even born and the Hurricanes had not yet left their calling cards.... Here goes:

I was lucky to get to visit Dave and the animals in person. I have been trying to think about how to describe it to you... imagine pulling up to the gates and knowing the animals are there. You hear King calling his greeting before you see him and it is so loud you feel it in your stomach! Oh MY! It is so amazing when the gates open to see Dave with his smile and welcome saying "Do you want to see the animals?” DO I WANT TO SEE THE ANIMALS....I admit I saw the sky swirling right before I fainted.

When you walk through the gates it is so beautiful it takes your breath away. It is SO BIG surrounded by tropical flora & fauna - painted eucalyptus trees and palms with a fragrance that is so fresh and earthy - the breeze blowing through and you can feel the anticipation on the wind. As you start to walk the grounds with Dave you realize in a strange way everything looks somewhat familiar. You see the cams tucked in here and there and everywhere! The B/W lemurs are the first stop and they ALL come to greet you. Their fur is so thick and lush with the cutest faces & golden eyes - they are so lively and seem to "pounce" effortlessly from here to there. Tiny little hands just like ours but with little black fingernails I couldn’t help but keep noticing. Then the Ring Tails - different a little in their greeting but the same blazing eyes - looking so healthy with a set-up that is so ingenious for creating a natural environment for them - every habitat is a work of art.

Rebate & Nevada stay together with thick wood platforms running the full length of their habitat. Then Sampson the male leopard with the most beautiful rosette pattern covering sheer muscle and eyes simply to die for. Ikas likes to charge up and say "Chuff" - kinda makes your heart BEAT FAST. The Red-Ruff lemurs are much bigger in person than they look on the cams and a little more shy than the others. Now walk this way and meet King & Princess! I stand only 5'4" and King is almost my height and 3x my width for sure with the most beautiful eyes & mane. Princess is equally impressive with her sleek graceful ways, silent approach and all knowing eyes. They are so LARGE in person. Turn around and meet Tundra & Loki - talk about take your breath away. Their heads are like an 18" circumference and 400-500 lbs of WHITE TIGER! They are so regal and majestic. I kept remembering the pictures of Jason bottle feeding them.. and look how they have grown. Now the Golden Tigers - Marcan & Sherikon .. how do you put into words the feeling of standing right in front of 2 of the rarest animals in the world with only 50-60 Golden Tigers left. Definite edge here in patrolling & watchfulness - like slimlined missiles packed with muscle and fur coloring you can never forget. Last but not least - Clarence & Gypsy romping about. OK - now talk about a big BOY - 700-800 lbs of gentle giant lies right here in front of me stretched full body at least 9-10 ft in length PLUS tail. My arms extended would not reach 1/2 way around his body. Paws bigger than my head. Sweet, sweet Gypsy - 1/2 of Clarence's size and so, so graceful - walking silently watching every single move you make and keeping a close eye on her Clarence.

Getting to go there and see how the habitats and cams are set up and to see the animals in person was one of the greatest treasures of my life. I wish everyone of you could take that stroll. When you see the animals in that type environment you realize this is the best option now on this earth for them - a place of peace for all the days of their lives.

You do fall in love with each and every one of them. You realize the massive work & effort Dave put into making this dream come true for all of us. Just as we were leaving and I was asking my million questions - Dave said - Stop a minute and listen.... What do you hear... OH MY GOD - the Ring Tail lemurs were singing. All of them - heads up in the air - singing the most melodic soft twilling sound all in unison in the afternoon sun. The sounds of the forest. A forest that is no more for them and they will never know it.

I will never forget that sound and the song of the Sanctuary. I also will never forget what they will all mean to me during my lifetime and what Dave taught me that day about how to really love an animal.

Thank you so much Dave for sharing your dream with all of us.

I did want to share this post with those of you who wonder what it is like at TigerHomes or have dreams of visiting someday. But especially to thank Dave again for giving these animals the peace and love that belongs to them and in turn to us now.

Ace
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG...ACE! Hehe...You did it again girl! That absolutely brought tears to my eyes...reading that post was awesome and def going in my fav's folder. Reading that def gives one the feeling of being there and it must've been something you'll never forget for sure. I totally lost it when you started about the lemurs at the end with their singing....I would give anything to be able to witness that first hand...Hmmm....someone's planning a trip in acouple of mos, wonder where I'll be headed? Wink Thanks so much for sharing that with us. Cool
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: May the Force BE WITH YOU! Reply with quote
Kitty - My wish is for everyone of you to get to take that stroll someday. I want to take a moment for those who do not know just how much your efforts here have meant especially to me. You found the THO website less than a year ago. You have rallied to give us inspiration, knowledge and worked very hard to become an important part of this team.

During a time when you were changing jobs, having major surgery, taking care of your Mom AND volunteering at the local Animal shelter - you found the time and made the commitment to become a Gold Level Sponsor Cool That takes a VERY special person and I sure would like to thank you for all that you have done for THO, for us and for the animals. We have all learned how to become part of this team together. Every person who joins here in this Forum or becomes a sponsor puts wind in our sails everyday. You guys are the "TREASURE CHEST".

Look at Val's post today in Habitat Protection & Environmental Issues and look at what she is trying to tell us for our future and the future of the animals:

http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=24202#24202

Dave for all his Super-Play-Doh Power cannot do it alone, Jason cannot do it alone - neither can I or any one of us - but together we become a powerful force. It is through our shared knowledge and awareness we can make the choice to become involved. Learning is the key to understanding how things got to be the way they are and what WE can do during our lives to make a difference so there is a "Future" for the next generations. We all begin in the same place and we end in the same place, it is up to us how we spend the time in between and it is up to us to set an example and learn to live what we believe. Dave can only open the gate - it up to us to decide to enter.

YES - I hope you get to take that STROLL Wink YOU WILL LOVE IT Exclamation
May the THO FORCE BE WITH YOU Twisted Evil

Ace
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG....ACE, I totally agree with kitty. I think even my husband had a few tears reading this one. I close my eyes and day dream what it would be like, hoping that one day I'll get there to see all the amazing people & animals at Tigerhomes. Thank you for sharing with us, my day dreaming is going to be so much better now.

A Special Thanks to everyone at Tigerhomes for making wishes come true!!! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Tapestry Reply with quote
keykey - You are SO WELCOME Exclamation Dream, dreamer, dream Cool

From Simon & Garfunkel's "Hazy Shade of Winter"
Seasons change with the scenery
Weaving time in a tapestry
Won't you stop and remember me....

Hang onto your hopes, my friend......

As the TigerHomes animals hang on to their hopes, let us keep our tapestry as we weave our time Cool

Ace
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
walking through these gates is for sure a special moment and you can feel the energy in the air and the sence of PEACE and the amount of work that was put into this place with a orrah that will have a calming effect !!! This is not you everyday backyard that for sure !!! hehe !!! I put all my CRAZY TALENTS into this masterpiece and the landscaping along will blow you away (well not that much anymore with 2 hurricanes LAST YEAR that took the beauty away)and it was all done with a special power from the heavens !!! I had no plain and no design and it just started with a vision and hard work !!! hehe !!! AND YOU CAN SEE ON THE CLIPS WHEN I MOVE HERE THIS PLACE WAS EMPTY !!!

i READ ace's post and it also put a tear in my eyes and got me FIRED UP !!! hehe !!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Dreams & Dreamers Reply with quote
On her birthday.....she give US presents!!!! That post is a special gift to all of us who have ever dreamed of what it will be like to some day visit the sanctuary. No doubt in my mind at all.....our Ace1fan truly has a heart of pure gold. Eloquent beyond any words I have to describe, that post is timeless. (THIS time I already have it saved in a place I can find it again...& again & again!)

What a beautiful narrative.
...like finding treasure...
Thanks for the magic tonight.

bvjmama2
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Dreams & Dreamers Reply with quote
gb3llma wrote:
What a beautiful narrative.
...like finding treasure...
Thanks for the magic tonight.

Yes Laura! You found the words I could not find to describe how I felt when reading that beautiful post. Honestly Ace, I felt as though I was walking with you I could almost smell and feel the fragrances and hear Kings roar. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Very Happy I hope and pray that each one of us gets to take that stroll thru Tigerhomes, and hear the Lemurs sing. *sigh* How wonderful!
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
On her birthday.....she give US presents!!!! That post is a special gift to all of us who have ever dreamed of what it will be like to some day visit the sanctuary. No doubt in my mind at all.....our Ace1fan truly has a heart of pure gold. Eloquent beyond any words I have to describe, that post is timeless.

Indeed! I remember reading that post and being deeply moved! Then I was off to find out what lemurs sounded like (I had just learned what they were & could not begin to imagine what they sounded like Confused ). I remember that because my cat went really wierd over the lemur noises.

Several months later I went back to look for Ace's post to enjoy another read & couldn't find it. Thanks to the mystery nerd for saving it so that it was not lost forever in cyberspace. And thank you Ace for returning that precious gift back to us nerds!
V

GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ACE pleas look your PM. Smile
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Right Place GOOF Reply with quote
GooF - I did and you can and "THANK YOU" & GOOD LUCK Wink It is your turn NOW to check your PM Idea

Check out the FREE translation link I gave you Exclamation It is killer to see text or entire websites converted in a matter of seconds. Here is the link for those of you would just like to see:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

If this makes any sense - you came to the RIGHT PLACE Twisted Evil Still looking for a free Croatian translation service.

Ace
GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh thanx!! now it is your turn again hehe!!
And im searching translater, but till now we didnt have problems in understanding, did we??
And I`m easier to talk English than write in it Smile.
Shortly i will use to write, but step by step no nead to rush

Last edited by GooF on Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: NO TROUBLES Reply with quote
GooF - you are right - NO TROUBLES here.

Funny I communicate with people all the time who dont speak a word of English and yours is VERY GOOD BTW Cool

VERY GOOD Shocked Keep up the GOOD WORK - you might teach us a thing or two Wink

Ace
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Sanctuary Visit Reply with quote
Thanks so much for reposting your oldie and goldie, Cathy. What a treat to have this handy whenever any of us wants to 'see' and/or 'hear' the sanctuary. Reading it makes me teary eyed. And you, Dave, did the same thing with your post - very moving words indeed.
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is incredible to read again Ace!!! Yes I will never forget all those posts gone AWOL...LOL! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for posting this and it deserves its own topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: