Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

A daily peek..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zulu
Dung Beetle
Dung Beetle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: A daily peek.. Reply with quote
Hey guys,
I came across your site the other day while surfing the web with my daughter. We have really been into watching the Panda Bear on Cam at the San Diego Zoo who is adorable. My daughter was asking me if we could find some tigers to watch since she loves them. So I found you guys, but it was even better then finding just tigers, man we hit the jackpot Exclamation Exclamation Lions and Even Lemurs!! My daughter flipped when she saw Zaboo! Laughing
Since then I have come back, more than once a day.. Very Happy It's amazing to see these Lions and Tigers and Lemurs so well taken care of. It makes my heart swell with love for these animals, all animals. We have decided to make a collection walk around our neighbourhood to help you guys out, we'll see how many Tigers/Lions/Lemurs we can feed in a day Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Exclamation

You guys ROCK!!

Oh by the way..are any of you single, your quite the good looking bunch of guys Cool

Keep up the good work, and keep those cams running!!

Karyn aka Zulu
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words and support! The Sanctuary needs viewers like you Big time and both David and I thank you in advance for you and your daughter's support (and your neighborhoods) Very Happy . We try extremely hard to provide large naturalistic, environmentally enriching habitats for our residents as well as state of the art Vet care. Of course this is extremely expensive so your contributions to our educational cause is very heart felt by not just David and myself, but every animal we care for. It is our goad to instill an interest in wildlife and habitat protection to a Global Audience via our web site. We receive little to next to nothing in financial support for this project despite the hundreds of thousands of viewers to the site. Hearing your kind words and the way our site has effected your daughter's interest in wildlife is the EXACT reason David and I created the Tigerhomes Sanctuary Web Site. We both welcome you and your daughter and hope you have many upcoming years of learning and gaining knowledge on the importance of wildlife conservation. Again, we both thank you. Oh, by the way, you may be interested in the Sanctuary's 3 "Educational DVD's". They are availible in the Gift Shop. If your daughter is into Tigers & Lemurs she is going to love LEMURS - Tails in the Canopy, and POWERCATS - Locked & Loaded" featuring the Sanctuaries Lemurs and Big Cats ( & David and me) Very Happy

Sincerely,

Jason Abels
VP-Animal Affairs
www.tigerhomes.org
Zulu
Dung Beetle
Dung Beetle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Gotta help somehow right? Reply with quote
It just amazes me that you have such love and drive to help these beautiful creatures.
Thanks for the info on the videos, I am looking into those for sure. Wink
I just sent out an email to all my contacts about this site and about joining me in collection money for your cause. Smile
You know even if its cleaning up the Lions den like you guys were today, I agree with all the other members that you have an amazing job, I would love to devote my life to something like that. I am completed addicted to watching these animals, and also hoping to get a glimpse of you guys too once in awhile Very Happy

Give those cats a cuddle for me will ya?

Karyn
Zulu
Dung Beetle
Dung Beetle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote
Hello Ace!

Thanks for the welcome! I realize there is no cure for tiger homes addictions..hehe Very Happy but Im not looking for a cure....I love it Exclamation Exclamation

And I read in one of your post that you were lucky enough to visit, wow, must be quite the place eh?

Very Happy

Ciao

Karyn aka Zulu
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: No cure Reply with quote
Welcome Karyn! (aka Zulu/;>). Addicted/obsessed--oh yeah! I know so well how it is......from day 1 of finding TigerHomes.org I was 'hooked' for good. There is no place like TigerHomes....there is no place like..........Lions & Tigers & Lemurs, OH MY!! Always great to hear from another 'addict' and we do have cam couseling sessions from time to time.....just kidding!! Laughing No cure (don't want one Exclamation ) just more cam-watching whenever I get the chance. Shocked

Enjoyed reading your posts...........you have me wondering......please............who is Zaboo? Laughing Laughing Awesome that you are planning on 'spreading the word'. Like J said, that's what this is all about. Very, very cool. Cool

Zulu
Dung Beetle
Dung Beetle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Zaboo... Reply with quote
Hi! Well Zaboo, is from the show Zoboomafoo with the Kratt brothers, its a kids show, my daughter and I watch it..here's the link, http://pbskids.org/zoboo/
check it out, Zaboo the leaping lemur..hehe

Maybe its Canadian? I don't know..doubt it though..

Karyn
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Link Reply with quote
Mystery solved! Thanks for the link......will be checking it out probably tomorrow morning (took a peek, tho!). Off to work for the remainder of today........checking back in here late late late tonight. Catch ya all then! Very Happy
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Frames Reply with quote
Since this thread is about 'a daily peek' is seems the most appropriate place to post: LOVE THE FRAMES for the cams. Looks great....WOW Exclamation I don't think I am imagining things, but I am fairly sure they were not there this morning Shocked . Looks great! Manohmanoh you guys are always busy tweaking and improving here. My thanks to all of you for all you do. Smile Arrow cams are calling.............. Arrow Very Happy
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow! You are SUPER OBSERVANT!!!!! The frames were put up around the cam screens this morning by Alex! Thanks for noticing how hard we work to constantly improove the site! Our team cranks 24/7!

J
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: new view Reply with quote
Laughing How could I NOT notice, hey? Just finished a stint at the cams and the more I look at the frames around the cam views the more I appreciate it. It really makes the view STAND OUT! Way to go Alex on 'coordinating' this latest addition Wink Very Happy . It truly looks awesome Exclamation

Jason wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for noticing how hard we work to constantly improove the site! Our team cranks 24/7!

INDEED you guys DO Exclamation

BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: New View Reply with quote
I second everything GB3llma stated. The frames really set off the view.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I been wanting to do that for some time with the framing ! I went by Alex house this morning and we (he) tweeked a few thing and that was one of them ! And the other one was the page that come up if you have not loged in or signed up to get to the cams check it out ! Alex added some of the cam shot winners so people can see what they would be missing if they don't sign up and be a MEMBER !

Alex is working on content now that's been written that he has to code and tweak and get up on the site so that stuff will be showing up soon Exclamation

And yes this TEAM does ROCK !!!

I am so PROUD of them Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes that was me forgot to login !!! hehe !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Page Load Times Reply with quote
Thanks for the great feedback here. We are experimenting with page load time and 56k users should see a slight improvement based on the changes we made today. Broadband users probably won't notice much change as far as speed. There's another larger modification Dave and I discussed today that "should" significantly effect cam page load time for everyone. We are hoping to make that happen in the next week or two.

We encourage ANY constructive criticism. You may not see changes happen right away (or at all) but virtually everything posted in this forum gets discussed.

THANKS SO MUCH! Very Happy
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geek-A-Saurus Wink Totaly FIRED UP! Progress rules and we never stop!

J
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: