Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Dave's Updates: Hurricane Wilma Recovery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Hurricane Wilma and Katrina Recovery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still have a ton of work to do but things are looking up that for sure ! Still have not fixed the fencing yet and i have almost 670' with 260' wooden 8' tall and 150' wooden 6' tall and the rest is chain link ! And I have a bunch of huge stumps to remove and still the clean up of the lions habitat and the south and east side of the property line to chainsaw and haul out to the front and all the lighting for the lions and the goldens and the B/W lemurs and the R/T lemurs to repair which is a huge undertaking but first I have to fix all the fencing and that my friends is BIG BUCKS !!! So i still need everyones help PLEASE !!!

tigerdave

p.s. but besides all of that the Sanctuary is looking so much better !!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There you go guys, we heard it from the Play-Doh Baby himself! Christmas is the season for giving, so we should all try to dig in and give alittle more if at all possible. TD has done so much since the Hurricane and still has so much left to do, and if anyone can do it, he can, but like he said, he still needs everybody's help. Wouldn't it be great to not have to see him work himself so hard? But then again, that's our TigerDave! I'll have another donation in the mail one day this week, TD! Thanks again for all you do!! Very Happy
cheetahlover13
Royal Python
Royal Python

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh thats wonderfull in 2 weeks i will have 10 dollars i can give it's not much but it's all i have. christmas is going to be tuff this year for me and my parents. so i will try to send the money that i get from walking my uncle's girlfriends dog hershey when i can Confused Rolling Eyes Wink
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dave - you don't have to say "please" to us! We're 100% behind you and happy to give our support! Very Happy We also know that you've been working like mad - so don't forget to take care of yourself while your doing it (nag, nag, nag... Twisted Evil ).
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Hurricane Animal Recovery & Release Reply with quote
Hurricane Thread well I am in the right place Exclamation I wanted to share an updated picture & report on Barney. Hurricane baby he was..... found clinging on under a leaf after the storm without no mother in sight Confused

He was released on Christmas Day (my present to him and to myself) Exclamation We both got the same present - that was so cool Very Happy

Now I admit, I hope he rambles by again someday... well on his way Cool

Barney (All nestled in & the camera click woke him up Exclamation )

Ace
hazelmharris1
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how lovely ace...thats a really great pic of barney...so glad the little guy made it after everything....bet you were sad to let him go huh...but happy coz he is free and doing well...thx so much for sharing this with us all Very Happy
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing that Ace. Very Happy I LOVE opossums - and that is a great story. You probably saved his life. He looks very content all curled up there in that pic. Looks like you were a perfect "possum mommy." Getting major warm fuzzies! Smile I hope your life continues to be richly blessed as you continue helping needy creatures, especially those that have been abandoned or forgotten. They all have place & purpose in this world - and apparently a place in your heart as well.
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tiny Barney has a guardian angel and her name is ACE. Very Happy He simply was not big enough to survive on his own had he not come your way--or vice versa Wink......whichever, you saved his life and managed to keep his wild instincts intact so he could go back out there and live the life of an oppossum, as it should be. His cloud certainly had a silver lining and I do hope he rambles on by again one of these days. Thanks for letting us see him and hear his story.

Out of the chaos left behind at the sanctuary from these hurricanes, I believe there is a silver lining here as well. Such rays of hope I see here daily: TigerDave working non-stop, determined not to let this or anything get in the way of his mission, in the TEAM, in us, the fans, pulling together more than ever before. "It's getting better all the time....." How can we not LOVE this place??? No stopping now and HANG ON TIGHT! These guys are on a roll and it's "....only just begun....." Very Happy Isn't that just amazing?
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Ace's Sanctuary Visit After Hurricane Wilma Reply with quote
Laura - YES IT IS AMAZING Exclamation Unbelievable we didn't get an answer to this - we all can agree I am sure. It worked out so I could go see the Sanctuary first-hand today and the progress that has been made.

Thanks to Dave for opening up his heart and the Sanctuary & sharing the world's most beautiful animals. I am just now getting in and took a series of photos to show a good representation of the Hurricane Progress and animals. Having a chance to see "our animals" up close and the grounds is so special. I am hoping I got some "keeper" shots and can't wait to share them with you.

Even more amazing - each animal has a copy of every one of your Adoption Certificates proudly displayed in their habitats Shocked Twisted Evil Exclamation

There are no words to express how it makes you feel. All you know is you came to the right place and it makes you want to do everything you can to help Dave and the TigerHomes mission. Dave is a remarkable, resilient, dedicated, no-nonsense person with a heart of gold & the drive and stamina to carry through. His love for the animals & efforts here are truly incredible.

Just got the draft of Kelsey's flyer and it is EXCELLENT. Photo credits are being added now. You guys will be very impressed. What a great way to help the Sanctuary Kels and believe me - they need the help.

Thanks again to Dave for all he does for us, for the animals and for a wonderful day Cool

Ace
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Ace's Visit Reply with quote
Oh I'm so tickled that Cathy got to visit and really looking forward to seeing the pictures Exclamation Do they really have a copy of each Adoption Certificate posted someplace Wink How cool would that be?

Wish it wasn't so far away for most of us - we could all come there and have a really big BASH and have a grand time.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All GOLD MEMBER are invited so when ever you guys want you are all welcome to visit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So far we have had a good year with no major hurricanes but the season is far from over so finger crossed Exclamation
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone who wants to visit the Sanctuary is more then welcome and on top of that we will take you to Jason and Frank properties also which would be huge treat and a full day of animal fun !

It's looking like South Fl just might be out of the hurricane season it very rare we get hit this late in the year !

fingercrossed !
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to hear! Hopefully the season is over for you guys...You definitely need a break from the times you've been hit over the years, that's for sure! Cool
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
right now there nothing out there in the way of storms which is good new for everyone lets hope it stay that way .

We have had so much rain this year and when that happen it seems to protect south Fl from hurricanes so have not been worried about this hurricane season at all !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Hurricane Wilma and Katrina Recovery All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: