Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Petting Tigers and other Big Cats
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infernitigris
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:55 pm Post subject: headache...

I lay with my laptop on my couch (good wireless lan ) and I thought again and again about this question. I stood up and turned up the music (The Song: I wanna be sedated of the Ramones) and went back to my Laptop. It began to rain. I listened to the music:
"Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go - I wanna be sedated..."
"I ask the Forum...", thought I...

Hehe, I do it now.

Well:
How does the coat of tigers feel? It is "normal" like a housecat or total different with something exotic?

"Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-oh - I wanna be sedated..."

Idea Idea Idea Idea
hey Sara I can make that wish from you comes true !! u want to touch a tiger ???? wait i call Hoyerswerda zoo ..... no problem we can come to there if u want @ 02.17.2008 or any other sunday !!!!!
its your choise Arrow Arrow Arrow ( but this chance you can get only one time in your life & than never again "maybe" )
Angrod Saralonde
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, if we can answer the questions how I shall come to the Hoyerswerda zoo and how I pay everything, then yes (if my parents don't mind). Wink
Perhaps Steff wants to come with me.
7 days to the poison
And a place in heaven
Time drawing near as they come to take us

by Nightwish - "7 Days to the wolves"
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Tiger Touching? NOT a good idea!!!!! Reply with quote
Hi Fellow Nerdlettes!

I'm baaaaaack! Hey! Shocked What is this touching a tiger opportunity! Question Touching a tiger is NOT a good thing!? Shocked I've been away. Please update me as to what you're talking about. That does not sound like something we encourage here in the forum! Tigers are WILD animals that can kill you in a heartbeat - and for no particular reason we humans can easily comprehend - because we are dealing with thousands of years of hard-wiring that makes these animals capable of killing their own mothers if they come across them in the wild... I'll be glad to post links to a story about a lovely 17 yr. old girl that was killed when she was touching a tiger. That tiger touched her back in a way that cost her EVERYTHING (She is DEAD)! Girls need to be especially careful about being around big wild cats! Um er - there are times when that is an especially bad idea! A big cat will show interest in you that will scare the socks off your feet! When you realize your mistake - TOO LATE! Sorry - that is how it works. BTW - I was shopping and saw "Obsession" on sale. hehe - Did you know that tigers like Obsession? How scared would you be if a tiger showed too much interest in you? Do you know how scary they sound, even when they're being friendly and curious? That chuffing sound is scary when there isn't a fence or bars between you and the tiger! Your frightened reaction could tell them that you are PREY. TASTY PREY at that! You won't get the chance to convince the tiger diffently. They aren't that good at waiting. Why should a tiger wait? Their instincts make them react reflexively - BAM! Way too quick for you to even imagine! Have you watched Clarence and Gypsy play? They can get airborne like they have springs in their hind legs and you can't even get good pics unless you have been patiently waiting. Imagine being in an enclosure with a cat that is fired up because you suddenly look tasty?! Eeeeek! It may not happen - but then again, you don't know that. I have friends who have touched and played with Siberian tigers. One of them mentioned that when she felt the rippling musclie beneath that extraordinary fur - she felt that she had made a dreadful mistake - but it was too late if he had... She didn't have an incident - but I just want you to know that you are risking your life when you come into personal contact with a tiger. My male friend mentioned that their teeth were the size of salt shakers! He saw them up close while they were playing with him! Just want you to be aware of the risk you're taking...

No judgment here! If you decide that it worth risking your life - go ahead - and tell us about it afterwards. But make sure that you understand that, like my beauiful friend - you are risking your life!

Even my housecat cat be formidable when a mistake is made (15 lbs of domestic "pissification.") He has big ole' fangs he will sink into any available apendage if you tick him off! The chances may be 1 in 50 that you'll be "the one" with a tiger. But being "the one" SUCKS majorly - and you may make the local or national papers! Only YOU may not be alive to read about it! Depends on the tiger! Do you really want to take that chance? Confused

NO TIGER TOUCHING - unless you are well aware of the risk you're taking and willing to die for the chance to feel their amazing fur. My ex-boyfriend got to feel a tiger (it was sedated) - and YES - their fur is matchless in how soft and awesome it feels. He confirmed that. But he is 6 ft. of deadly muscle (special forces) and STILL is no match for a tiger. He touched it while it was asleep (He's a brilliant man - and was not willing to take an unnecessary risk with an apex predator he did not know)! Unless this tigggy is asleep - your Sister Nerd suggests you pass up that chance. My "ex" didn't take that chance - and unless you're an extraordinarily deadly human AND you know the personality of the cat you're meeting - you may not want to test the limits of a strange tiger! Please be careful! (I love my nerd mates - so my conscience is clear - You've been warned how unwise touching a tiger is... and if you are willing to risk your life - go for it - no judgment here!).

Whoops! Angrod - that goes for you too! (Boys are tasty to tigers too! They don't care!) You are so awesome! I'll be sooooo sad if something happens to you. Please be careful!

Talk to me...

Kitty - SIS - YOU ROCK! YOU GO GIRL! So glad to hear that you are OK! Man - I thought about you when I was watching the news and wished I had your cell phone number! GREAT to hear from you! Much Love to you Sis!!!!

V

Last edited by vlad on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Infernitigris
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
vlad Wink " no risk no fun " Cool " you've only 1 life "

Sara "maybe" i'll send you the money or the ticket " no probelmo "
Sara ?? you've a handy neeeeed your number

@ all my number is (+49 for Germany) +491742033848 ( vodavone )
my adress : Germany / Saxony / (Glashütte postalcode:01768) Pießnitztalstr. 23
and if you want to see me on google earth ( coords: 50°51'03.35" Nord 13°45'56.92" East )

Idea Idea want to see ya all please tell me your coords thyyyyy Idea Idea
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, Val! Welcome back! And AWESOME post by the way. A perfect example of that would be in the tv show, Life is Wild. Did anyone see that episode last night??!! OMG!! My heart was up in my throat just watching it. I won't spoil it by saying what happened, just in case someone wants to catch the rerun,(which you can watch on the net) but this is that show that takes place in Africa with a family that relocates there from New York. Last night's show was Awesome, to say the least! Shocked Confused Wink Laughing
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Direct contact with lethal wildlife - Is it worth the risk? Reply with quote
Kitty - Hi Sis! Now that I have cable - I'm going to HAVE to watch that rerun! Life is GOOD! Good to be back.

Infernitigris - So good to see you posting! I've missed you.

Quote:
vlad " no risk no fun " " you've only 1 life "

Infernitigris - Hmmmmm! As always - you have interesting coments. You're right that contact with powerful animals, although risky CAN be worth it. I'm really into horses. My favorite stable horse is a very feisty 1300 lbs and could end my life in a heartbeat if I did the wrong thing at the right time. However - I wear a helment when I ride and am learning about horses from people with decades of experience with riding and horse behavior. Horses are much more predictable than tigers and I'm just guessing here - but the tiger handlers won't be issuing safety equipment to the people they're exploiting for money!

There are a couple of HUGE differences between me riding an animal that outweighs me by over 1100 lbs and getting up-close and personal with a tiger:

HORSE

1 - Horses are DOMESTICATED and have been for a very very long time.

2 - All horses are PREY animals and I am not, and I will never be on their menus as a food item!

TIGER

1 - WILD and will never be domesticated in our lifetime.

2 - All of them are PREDATORS and all of us are on the breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner and midnight snack menu.

A Few Things to Think About: Because our focus here is conservation - I'm concerned about whether encouraging people to have contact with dangerous wildlife serves the conservation cause.

1 - Does this really teach us to respect the power of big cats and to see their true place and function in nature? ALL animals have a purpose in nature.

2 - Does this encourage those who make lots of money from these encounters to continue to encourage the public to place themselves at risk?

3 - Does the "touch a tiger" experience also encourage people to continue to breed captive tiger cubs - who don't really enjoy constant handling by the public - regardless of what those who profit from these activities tell us?

4 - Can we really consider ourselves real tigers lovers when we support those who profit from wildlife encounters - or are we just looking for a personal thrill at the expense of these matchlessly beautiful and regal predators?

***EDIT***

5 - This is VERY IMPORTANT! These encounters are NOT FREE! Would we rather give our hard-earned money to people who exploit tigers or to worthy causes like TIGERHOMES who desperately need our financial support Exclamation Mr. Green

I'm always up for intelligent (and friendly) debate and comments. So I'm listening...

V

Last edited by vlad on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Infernitigris
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
w8 vlad need a view minutes to translate
( learning english @ this time " never ending story " Wink )

.-#*°EDIT°*#-.

Quote:
HORSE

1 - Horses are DOMESTICATED and have been for a very very long time.

2 - All horses are PREY animals and I am not, and I will never be on their menus as a food item!

Laughing u r right but they r plant eater Wink

Quote:
TIGER

1 - WILD and will never be domesticated in our lifetime.

2 - All of them are PREDATORS and all of us are on the breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner and midnight snack menu

^^point 1 and that makes it so interesting for me
^^point 2 u r right but if they want to kill anything its ok for me ( its nature ""killer instinct"" )

Quote:
3 - Does the "touch a tiger" experience also encourage people to continue to breed captive tiger cubs - who don't really enjoy constant handling by the public - regardless of what those who profit from these activities tell us?

( hope i understand it right sorry if i write something wrong or false )

pofit are everywhere. sometimes in backgound an sometimes in foreground ( black sheeps are everywhere maybe )
some pepole want to abuse that everytime and don't understand: nature r nature
( hope i'm right in this point and i hope you understand what i mean Embarassed )

Quote:
5 - This is VERY IMPORTANT! These encounters are NOT FREE! Would we rather give our hard-earned money to people who exploit tigers or to worthy causes like TIGERHOMES who desperately need our financial support

I know I am pate of 5 tigers in the wwf wildlife project
and i make donations to the wildlifepark Hodenhagen

I don't can do anymore ( w8 it gives 1 thing what i want do do but i need help ) in this summer i want to make a donation to tigerhomes (how much i don't know ) its very expensive to send the money to amerika ( why they don't use >>>>>> Paypal <<<<<<< ????) if they use that i can send the money to paypal and they send it for free or not much to tigerhomes ( viva la revulution to paypal i wish anyone use it or any member of this forum use it so its esay to send the money )

Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow WAAAANT TO HELPPPPPPPPPPP
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Tiger Conservation or Just Making Money? Reply with quote
Hey Infern - Is this the park?

It looks beautiful. Cool
http://www.serengeti-park.com/

Did I read correctly? You are OK with being killed by a tiger Question Shocked They DO eat people. I'm sure you wouldn't want any of your friends to be eaten by a tiger. The best way to avoid being killed or eaten - is not to go to places that let the public touch tigers. Tigers and other big cats are famous for taking off limbs (arms and legs). It is so easy for them to do. No harder than me ripping a wing off a baked chicken (I'm getting hungry!). Their teeth are so powerful and sharp - and we are no match at all for them! Not trying to scare you - but that is another risk you're taking when you make contact with a tiger. Do you want your friends to take that risk?

I think it is WONDERFUL that you donate to organizations such as 5 tigers! Cool Very Happy

Here's a good article on the subject of people being allowed to touch tigers. API is trying to get a law passed outlawing the practices of these "Conservation" groups. They are doing little to conserve tigers when they help people to think that tigers might make good pets!

Action Alert:
Big Cats Seized from Dangerous “Conservation” Group Highlight Need for Federal Legislation

Source: Animal Protection Institute and Born Free website
http://www.api4animals.org/actionalerts.php?p=1306&more=1

Our Exotic Animal Investigation
Source: Born Free website - API's Investigation
http://www.api4animals.org/a3b1_invest.php
Infernitigris
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thyyyyyyyyyyyy for the links Smile

( hope not " its painfull to be killed by a tiger " *shock* )
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Lion Mauls Trainer and is Caught on Tape - So Sad! Reply with quote
Dear Spaminator,

Yes it will hurt quite a bit. Shocked And it doesn't matter if its a lion or tiger or another big cat attacking you. Its gonna hurt!

Quote:
Tigers are lions' closest relatives. Without their coats, lion and tiger bodies are so similar that only experts can tell them apart.

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GreatCats/lionfacts.cfm

Ever heard the saying - "I can SHOW you better than I can TELL you Question " Here's a bit of Show and Tell...

WARNING! You need to be 18 years or older to see this vid because it is a real mauling of a trainer by a circus lion. YouTube will make you log in and confirm your age to view. This film clip was BRUTAL and TRAGIC! Shocked Sad

Title: Lion Mauls Trainer

Look up the above title AFTER logging into YouTube and confirming that you are old enough to see it. Normally, I don't appreciate graphic depictions like this - but this vid brings home the lesson of how massively brutal it is to become that unlucky statistic that a big cat decides to attack! A picture really is worth 1000 words - and I believe the message of avoiding big cat contact is an important one. Who knows? I love my nerdmates - and this may save the lives of some humans and some big cats too! Big Cat Rescue had a similar type of vid on their website at one time. Sometimes that makes the point most clearly.

Most victims regret their decision the second they are attacked - but not before - or they would not have been near the big kitty in the first place. Any one of us could have made a mistake like that. We aren't born knowing about animals. That is why it is so important for us to talk about stuff like this. Before I joined the forum - I probably would have actively sought out contact with a tiger. In fact I'm sure I would have. I really love tigers! It could have turned into a date with death! Shocked Maybe not - but I'm sure that I would not have understood the risk I was taking. And that is what is important . . . that we understand. Then, if we decide to go ahead and risk our lives - at least we are making a well-informed choice.

In the End...

The trainer had to be saved using artificial respiration. I don't know if the man lived or not. The lion was shot to death. Sad

V

Infernitigris
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocked Shocked Shocked mhhh Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
speachless only speachless
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
vlads right about them testing you to see if your prey. i beleive their also testing to see if your dangerous as well. if your in front of a moutain lion and your scared the mountain lion will also be scared and on the defensive.

cats are really good at sensing your feelings.

Tigers are the only animal that will eat a human no matter what

I hope no ones done reading the posts I always seem to be the last one to post alot of times

BL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you guys watch 20/20 the other night about raising tigers for food in China and other bad ideas !!! Mad Mad Mad !!! go to IFAW.ORG !!! I did not watch it but i heard about it !!! Shocked !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Grrrrrrr! I heard about it but just could not bring myself to watch any of it! Evil or Very Mad
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
may i sujest in this topic if you want to touch a tiger go visit some place with tiger cubs or something no adults, just the little ones that are prob 1 month -4 months be good if no one minds me throwing some of my oppinions or i hope this suggestion helps but still becarefull

BL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: