Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Cameras; Are the Cats Posing ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrrreatCats
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Cameras; Are the Cats Posing ? Reply with quote
When a camera is 'live' does a light of some sort come on in the cats' enclosures? I've noticed how they stare at the cameras, pose for them and often lie facing them. If there's no light I can't imagine why the cats spend so much time striking heroic or cuddly posed for a thing I'd think of no greater interest to them than a rock or a tree.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
that funny ! Rolling Eyes No light they are just posing for you ! Very Happy The cameras are inside a telephone pole that are about 3' high and are places where they hang out for the most part..When i walk throu the Sanctuary i can walk down the middle and the habitats are on both sides...
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
that funny ! Rolling Eyes No light they are just posing for you ! Very Happy The cameras are inside a telephone pole that are about 3' high and are places where they hang out for the most part..When i walk throu the Sanctuary i can walk down the middle and the habitats are on both sides. Exclamation

tigerdave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
And by the way do you realizes or have you seen the golden tigers habitat at night because it does have light for night viewing...And if I want I can turn the lights on for the B/W lemurs and the Lions and the Red Ruffed Lemurs and the R/T lemurs ! Yes all those habitat are set up for night viewing on the internet if I decide to turn on those habitats...And by the way I would not leave them on all night ! Idea
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GrrreatCats
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Lights, camera, action Reply with quote
Yes, I've seen the habitat of the Goldens at night and the cats smiling from their platform at the camera. They photograph beautifully against the dark background. They never seem to try to 'kiss' the camera, though, the way Loki does...or put an eye to the camera lens and try to see inside. LOL
donnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: chaching Reply with quote
Can You Say "Power Bill"

CHA- CHING!! Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Cam View Reply with quote
Yesterday we got to meet Sampson (leopard) from the W/T cams 5 & 6. Today the R/T Cam 6 gives us a shot of the interior grounds.

The place is so MASSIVE Exclamation Shocked Exclamation Must be a lot of HARD work to keep it in such pristine, mint condition. It is so beautiful and peaceful to watch Laughing

Hey cam fans - dont go counting on this by the time you get to this post - we all know Dave can change things around real FAST Twisted Evil
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: June camshot winners Reply with quote
Exclamation CONGRATULATIONS Exclamation June winners! Beautiful shots, all. Really good close-ups! There are so very many awesome pictures in the gallery. It's so nice that we get to share our favorite 'shots' here on the site. With all the new angles, views and new cams, it's been a real treat lately to click into the site, pull up a cam and....SURPRISE!......things have changed! Thanks! to the "Cam-man" Cool
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
WOW the July viewer gallery members snap shot have gone to a new level ! I love the cams like you guys ! I will alway keep inproving the cams it so cool to be able to take pictures of some of earth most awesome animals without leaving your computer and to check out our weather and to watch it rain in all the habitats from anyplace in the world ! WOW and AMAZING Exclamation Idea Exclamation

Back to the cams you will be see whole habitats not working for the next few weeks starting Mon. Donnie is upgrading all 40 Servers that run all our cams ! But trust me this is a good thing because they are going to run smother and faster with this new upgrade and better for the snap shot feature !!! Which I know you guys are going to love !!!! We have 2 cams running on it on the login page so check them out ...One is the yard and the other is out Donnie office window..

So anyway it starts Monday and will go on untill we are done and this will take at least a few weeks or longer but Donnie going to do his best to make time in his aready full days and nights !!! (Back to the kick ass team). We will only take down one habitat at a time so the other ones will be up Exclamation This will be alot of work and time on our part but it will be well worth it for you all Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Changes Reply with quote
Cool MAJOR OVERHAUL! Gonna be awesome, and what a LOT of work. Thanks, you guys. Glad you mentioned what the view was from that 2nd cam preview.....have been wondering....didn't fit the "picture" in my head of THS grounds. I even saw a golf cart on it this morning. Laughing

Monday, huh? Well, I'll be watching to see who's first! Good Luck for smooth sailing on this project Exclamation
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: