Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

How did you get your “Tigerhomes Nickname”?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: How did you get your “Tigerhomes Nickname”? Reply with quote
How did I get my “Tigerhomes Nickname”?

First, let me start by saying my real name is Donna (aka keykey).

Keykey was our family cat. My husband brought her home as a kitten in his coat on the city bus. The only animals allowed on the city buses are working animals such as Seeing Eye Dogs, etc… So you see why, I said he had to hide her in his coat! Keykey was with us for 7 years before she passed on. ~ “God Rest Her Soul” Keykey followed me all over the place. To the school, she would be far enough away from the reach of children. Mind you, she loved children. To the store, she would wait outside looking through the glass door, so she was able to see me. To the mall, I would have to pick her up to bring her all the way back home. As, I would not realize she was behind me, until I was almost to the mall door. This is just a few things, our keykey used to do. I as a person who loves cats, this is why keykey is my Tigerhomes nickname. Her name and the memories will be with us forever. I do believe I have put a few pictures her in the Rant and Rave about your Pets thread, as well as a few pictures of our cat now named Angel. Oh, my god, Angel well lets just say he is another story! LOL

So That’s My Story. ~
What Is Yours?

Last edited by keykey on Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikki
* Little Nerd *
* Little Nerd *

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well my story is almost identical to yours I got my tigerhomes name from our first kitty we brought in my husband was more of a dog person, but now he loves all animals. My nikki was a joy she was with us for 14 years and now rest in my front yard along with boo boo and mr moose we have brought in 5 more since we lost these 3 and also a dog named shylo they are all a blessing and by the way my first kitty ever when I was young was named keykey my parents say I could not say kitty but instead said keykey so that's my story
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I go by the name "Smilodon" or "Smilodon fatalis" at several different places since it's my favorite animal species. Cool
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Not THAT Vlad . . . or the OTHER Vlad either! Reply with quote
The famous Vlad was a historial figure who was a bloodthirsty tyrant, cruel and ruthless -- mindlessly slaughtering the posts of spammers and trolls...? Oh yeah! AND Vlad was a guy with facial hair! (No jokes Kitty about me needing a shave! Confused ) There's also Vlad the vampire who sucked the blood of his victims!

http://www.vladtheimpaler.com/

http://www.vladthemovie.com/

Well I'm not THEM! Although I AM feeling a little 5 o-clock shadow! Hmmm.

My screen name has nothing whatsoever to do with killing & drinking blood (unless you're a SPAMMER Evil or Very Mad or a TROLL Mad ):

~~
One day at work, I was really exausted and misspelled my nickname & last initial in an e-mail to a co-worker. The smart-alec (one of my all-time favorite co-workers!) immediately saw it and shot back an e-mail with "Thanks vlad!."
Embarassed Laughing
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ohhhhhhh...but Sis! I needed a good laugh before I go to bed! Hehe! Wink Well, I have no story behind how I came up with my name except that I love all the Big Cats and the 24 came from....well, if you're into Nascar, Need I say more?! Hehe! Wink Laughing Cool Arrow

Ps-Besides....I thought kitty24 sounded way better than Kitty8! Rolling Eyes Cool
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That’s hilarious vlad Laughing
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, nikki I remember you telling me about the name of your first kitty when you were young. Very Happy
AWESOME name isn't it! Very Happy Cool Razz

Val wrote:
Although I AM feeling a little 5 o-clock shadow! Hmmm.

Now, I would like to see a picture of that! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well all your stories of your names are real great and laughted a lot at yours Val mine is nothing iteresting just used parts of my first and last name short and simple Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah! Very cool - I've been wondering how some people got their nicknames!

My name is Zach Glenwright. taburineagle comes from a drawing that I did a few years ago (1998) of an eagle, that I named Taburin - not the best picture ever, in fact, it was kind of lame... but it was one of my better ones! I eventually opened a site with that name, but that kind of died after awhile...

t~e can either be the
• First letter of Taburin and the First letter of Eagle
-or-
• First letter of Taburin and the Last letter of Eagle

I'll put a picture on here later of Taburin when I have a chance to snap the pic... it's really nothing to look at, especially with all of the amazing illustrators on this site, but it stuck with me... Smile

t~e
cKc
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Back when I first got an internet connection I went with AOL ( we only had a choice of about 2 or 3 isp's back then if memory serves me ) and of course you need a screen name to use your aol account.
I was reading a book called Burning Chrome and have always been a fan of felines so I just combined the two and came up with ChromeKitty. The name was already taken so I had to come up with something else and just added the first word that came into my head onto the name which was Cult and so I became ChromeKittyCult. Eventually it got shortened to cKc as it's a bit of a pain to type when signing up at websites. So yeah thats how I got my nickname.
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AWESOME cKc, thats a very interesting way you got your nickname! Very Happy
Its also AWESOME how you suack, t~e came up with your nicknames too! Very Happy
Mind you, I can honestly say, I never heard of the book called Burning Chrome. Shocked
I must go on a hunt to see what I can find out about this book... it sounds very interesting. Cool Very Happy Razz
Thanks so much all of you for sharing your story with us.

cKc
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's a link for a wiki article on the book, not sure if this kind of Sci fi is everyones cup of tea though.
Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Chrome
moontown
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: wellllll Reply with quote
i got mine when i got my first computer i love the sun, the moon, and the stars ....so i came up with moontown 64 which is my birth year,..
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AWESOME moon, the way you came up with your nickname! Very Happy
Maybe you can PM, kitty24 and she'll add you on the members birthday list... if you would like to be added.
That goes for all of our members, but please make sure you PM, kitty24 with your birthdate!

Arrow BIRTHDAY LIST (Forum Members)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: