Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

daily upkeep
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for those pictures Cathy they are real great and I am glad to see shredder isnt pining for his Daddy this time he must feel well looked after by you Cathy so it shows the love your giving them Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks for anwering my question re the pictures with no fence so its good photography then and I would like to say it is fantastic photography Laughing Laughing
So our Dave is only coming on Thursday now he surely trusts you with the place thats for sure I cant remember a time since Ive been a member that he has been away this long even when he had his knee operation he was back quicker than this Laughing Laughing
So once again Cathy from me and im sure everyone else a GREAT BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DOING Laughing Laughing
Any come back on that pm I sent you by the way Question Question
Re the video Question Question Question
Peachey
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suack I agree with your words for Cathy 100%.
Cathy, you truely are doing a .......????????...... is there a word for it? Words couldn't describe your efforts to Tigerhomes. The daily driving and commitment you have shown is more than special. What can we say!!
You have gone way beyond just feeding these animals. Keeping the cams operational, posting breathless pics for everyone to see and more.
Cathy, thankyou.
Thankyou for being you!

Kim
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG Cathy thank you so much for the pictures! Very Happy Razz Cool
Just what the doctor ordered.
I have been sick the last couple of days and these pictures sure made me feel a lot better. Very Happy
A BIG DITTO on what suack & Peachey said!
Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gorgeous pictures, again, Cathy. Thanks so much for taking the time to put these together for us.

The moon shot, food (anyone want a salad), animals and that flower/vine again. Back in 8/06 Dave had said it was native to Cuba but we never did figure it out. My mission is to search again Exclamation
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey you guys - we will find out the name of that flower - it is definitely a vining shrub. Guess what? Found a smaller start next to the main gate tonight. I managed to get here early today and set out to change water and check on all the babies. I-Hop's BW babies are traveling up & down the rope highways lounging around the habitat.

So far so good FINGERS CROSSED Wink

Here is one more quick photoset I was able to capture while down here. Dave will be back Thursday so tomorrow will be busy getting my computer and work files packed up. I don't think I will have many more light opportunities or much time to take many more snapshots.
SOOOO.....Here you go....

Direct: http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/9044/p1010485aus6.jpg

Direct: http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4042/p1010501anh9.jpg

Direct:http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5857/p1010512alc9.jpg

Direct:http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/880/p1010525asp7.jpg

Direct:http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/2550/p1010537agt1.jpg

Direct:http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/218/p1010543azs9.jpg

Direct: http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7788/p1010565axh1.jpg

Hope you enjoy these. I know everyone misses Dave including the babies ~ it seems like he has been gone forever. I am so glad I could help out with feeding and housesitting. Sure gave me a new perspective on learning to value the work that is done here everyday. Nothing gets up and runs this smoothly without a carefully designed master plan. Whatever the future holds, I know Dave will take the best options.

Let's all just stay in the trenches and keep showing our support
Cool

Ace
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh Thank you so much for those fantastic pictures Cathy they are so beautiful and that one of Kenya is great as havent seen her so close like that before Very Happy Very Happy
Also agree that Dave will have all the support we can manage to give him no matter what he has decided to do Wink Wink
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Once again, Great pics, Cathy and thanks so much for sharing. Of course you know which one is my fave....hehe...but they're all great! I think we'll ALL agree you've done an awesome job while Dave has been gone. I think it's great that he trusts you so much with his place and the animals. I'm glad he was finally able to get away after all these years, just wish it was under better circumstances. Confused Making that long drive everyday I know you must be wearing down alittle, so maybe you'll be able to recharge over the next few days! Wink Thanks so much for all you do and I'm sure all the animals, along with Dave, really appreciate all your help.
And yes, WE ALL MISS THE PLAYDOH BABY!!!! Crying or Very sad Laughing Laughing
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
AWESOME pictures Cathy, again this is what the doctor ordered! Very Happy
Thanks so much for putting these together and sharing them with us.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
snowlady444
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
WOW Cathy!
Great pictures again! My ISP has been off for 2 days....grrr.... but it sure is great to come back to pictures like this!
The love for the animals is obvious! You have worked so hard keeping it going while Dave has been gone. I'm sure he appreciates it, as do all of us!
Thank you! Thank you!
SnowLady444
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: EUREKA! Name that vine..... Reply with quote
Desperation (ok,throw in a little obsession Laughing ) to name that plant (FINALLY! after how long now?) led me to research gardening forums and sign up to a likely prospect. Well, let me tell you it REALLY paid off! In spades!*pardon the pun* Firstly, I got permission from ACE to modify her picture (size restrictions, etc.) and post it to the "Name that plant" thread at The Garden Web forums. Put it up yesterday and by evening had two answers back with the ID!!!! WOW was I ever HAPPY!

Oh! The name? Laughing Rangoon Creeper aka/Drunken Sailor! Official name is Quisqualis Indica which I went googling on last evening and came up with a lot of very interesting information on this plant. Some of it is a tad conflicting, like it's origins, but it is very nice to finally be able to put a name to this very beautiful vine.

The site I first visited for information was named, of all things!, "Dave's Garden" Very Happy How about THAT for coincidence, hey? Cool Link: http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/31530/index.html
(oops hit submit instead of preview--more coming) Embarassed On the main page there you will see on the right some small images. Click on the top one and it takes you to a sort of gallery you can click through to see more images. Enjoy........
For those interested, here are a few links with more info:
http://www.quisqualis.com/whyquiz.html

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=QUIN10

http://www.herbsociety.org/promplant/qindica.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quisqualis_indica

hmmm, had to cut out a link to an image of this vine on a Phillipines postage stamp. It went to the site but no image showed. Strange, it worked last night. ah well.

Here is the link again to Cathy's picture originally posted here in the forum. What a gorgeous vine! And right outside the Golden's habitat. Cool
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2392/cp1010446yj0.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH Cathy for all the ASTOUNDING pictures! Can't tell you how many times I've looked through them all.......lost count!! What a treasure they are. Idea
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Rangoon Creeper - White, Pink then Red! Reply with quote
HA ~ YOU GOT IT Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation FINALLY Wink

WHO Exclamation WHAT Question Latin translation "Quisqualis" ~ So we finally meet a botanical taxonomist with a sense of humor Shocked

Great plant detective work - Wait till Barbara sees this post Cool

Our beautiful, multi-colored bloomed cascading plant is in the Indian Almond Family and sometimes called an Asian Honeysuckle. The nickname "Drunken Sailor" is a riot. It just amazes me how much we can learn here.

Thanks Laura for spending time on this research for us. Our local nursery specializing in exotics, Top Tropicals has them in stock but they are pricey at $29.95 for a 1 gallon. With only a 1-2% propogation success rate from cuttings maybe I can snag some seeds for us "Gardeners" from TigerHomes one day
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Ace
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Very Cool ! Reply with quote
This is fantastic Exclamation Sorry I haven’t seen this until now, but work, etc. has kept me away Sad . This is too fantastic Exclamation Laura, you’re the best for finding this. My search was limited because I was only looking for plants native to Cuba; all I could find was the oleander and got excited when I first saw a picture of it - then read it is poisonous. And look at all the links you have for us - I took a quick peek at The Garden Web site and will be going back to that one - and checking out the rest. Drunken Sailor - has to be a story behind that for sure Rolling Eyes

This is a beautiful plant, but not sure if it would be happy in N.C., although the plumbago that I planted is doing great (good grief - I even covered it with sheets when we had our late freeze).

Thanks again, Laura, for this - MYSTERY SOLVED.

Barbara
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
AWESOME research Laura! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: