Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

lion lover

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chungdoo
Human Tourist
Human Tourist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: lion lover Reply with quote
i love lions and am interested in learing more about them other lion lovers post here what you like about the lions and/or a fact you know about them Very Happy
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
A warm welcome to the forum chungdoo! Very Happy
I see your a lion lover, thats AWESOME. You have come to the right place in learning more about them, as well as the rest of the big cats. You might want to check out the Education Center, we have great articles on lions, as well as other animals. etc... Very Happy In the mean time you might want to check out the READ ME: Forum Tips, Guildelines, and Updates.
Hope to see you around in here! Very Happy Please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Arrow Education Center

Arrow READ ME: Forum Tips, Guildelines, and Updates
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Welcome to the Forum!!! :) Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Chungdoo Exclamation

This is a fanstastic place to people who love the big cats to hang out, talk about them, learn about them and share pictures, videos and interesting information.

You asked each of us to share something about lions. What a great way to introduce yourself! Cool

Here's my contribution:

The fact that their roars are so powerful -- they can rattle the doors of nearby cars just amazes me. They look as if they're getting a MAJOR ABS WORKOUT when they roar -- so it is awesome to be able to hear and see them! So much so that I took the time to study it .

Arrow Anatomy of a Roar

If you get the chance -- vote in the poll as to whether you think lions can purr!

A warm welcome to you lion lover! Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Best Regards,

V

Last edited by vlad on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, Chungdoo! Welcome to the TigerHomes boards! I'm just starting to learn about the Big Cats (I came here mainly for Lemurs initially Smile) so I don't really know that much about Lions at the current time... I do know that males are the only ones with a mane and Lionesses are the hunters of the group... but that's about it so far... Very Happy

t~e
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Another Lion Lover Reply with quote
Barbarylion must be busy helping animals at his new job! Can't wait for you two to meet! Cool

Last edited by vlad on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
animalfan
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey chungdoo! Razz

Here's a fact about Lions that I recently learned - from watching the Tigerhomes Powercats DVD! - Lions are actually SMALLER than Tigers! I was pretty shocked since I'd always imagined Lions must be SO big.

Welcome!
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Lion Lover nice to meet you I am Barbary Lion.

I love lions to especially Barbary Lions and Cape Lions which are not extinct in captivity.

I work with 2 mountain Lions and vlad quest it right I have been working very hard at my new job

even to take pictures but I will have some picture when I get a chance.

We have a Lions post here in the forum Called the King of Beast where you can learn from or you can share your knowledge or any interesting information. (Is where I am alot)

http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=cae24c9872b027749f8d5a22a8d42ab6

Barbary Lion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: