Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New - Backyard Bag Feeder Project 2006 DVD!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Webcam Snapshots & Member Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: New - Backyard Bag Feeder Project 2006 DVD! Reply with quote
I was going to post about this awhile ago, but I wanted to get permission from Alex before I put it on the boards - he was out for awhile, but he gave me the go-ahead last week, so, without further adooooo...

I've produced a best-of-2006 DVD of my nature videos!

During December, I was extremely busy working on the best-of year-ender project containing the best stuff from the 2006 season of my Backyard Bag Feeder Project videos - finally, right at the turn of the year, I finally finished all of the interstitial music, compressed the finalized edit sections, laid out the DVD in DVD Studio Pro, made the labels for the DVD and bought the boxes - I'm done with it after 50+ hours of editing, and it's now available for purchase! - I'm asking for $12 now, postage included, for the DVD, which runs for nearly 56 minutes and has all kinds of wicked squirrel, bird, raccoon and skunk clips, cut into individual sections, and in much better quality than internet clips, along with a few extras - in my opinion, it's one of the best things I think I've ever produced... Smile

Here are some stills from the video:

Click on the thumbnails to view larger versions of the pics...

For more stills from the DVD, as well as a demo clip and details on purchase information (right now I don't really have a online "checkout", so I basically have an e-mail address that people can use to contact me with requests), go to this URL:

Arrow Zach Glenwright's Backyard Bag Feeder 2006 DVD

I've also been noodling the idea of donating a share of the sales to TigerHomes, although I haven't worked out all of the details yet with that... I'd like to, but I haven't decided how much yet... I'm thinking somewhere between $1 and $1.50/disc, or if not that specificially, at least something from the discs going to TH...

Enjoy, and drop me a line if you're interested!
t~e
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Zach's DVD ROCKS!!! Reply with quote
OMG OMG OMG Exclamation

If you purchased Zach's DVD -- you are in for such an AWESOME TREAT! Cool Very Happy This DVD is professional, chock-full of animal lovers' eye-candy, at times humorous and extremely creative and entertaining from beginning to end.

~~

The many FANTASTIC close-up shots of the featured animals are gorgeous, crystal clear, and presented in vivid color. I could see every hair or feather on each animal's body, look directly into their eyes and listen to the crazy sounds that they make. When I wasn't listening to the sounds of nature -- I got to enjoy sequences which were accompanied by great music!

Because the backyard visitors' were undisturbed, many of their natural behaviors, including some fascinating and entertaining interactions were captured. There are some spectacular treats for bird-watchers, and I was delighted to see one of my very favorite birds featured!

Do you know what noises skunks make Question I didn't until now. There were two caught interacting, and I think those two fluff-balls were having a full-blown conversation with each other. AND I have to say that I never appreciated what beautiful animals they are until now. Oh, and the DVD includes ANOTHER animal that you haven't seen before -- at least not live! Can't tell you more, because you'll just have to get your own! Confused

Zach, you are owed a GREAT BIG THANK YOU for giving us the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of your labor and for generously sharing your considerable talent with us nerds in the forum when you have "come up for air" (see link below). Spoiled, lucky, etc. -- we are all of these things because of those who choose to take the time to share their talent, right here in the forum!

Arrow Raw TH Stream Decode Test Movies

This was some really serious eye-candy -- MANY MANY THANKS, and I sure hope you'll keep making these! (And letting us nerds know when you do!)

Val
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Backyard Feeder 2006 Reply with quote
t~e - Count me in (2) - one for moi' and one for a dear friend. I will PM you the details. What a great way to cover your costs & raise some $money$ for TigerHomes Cool
Nifty & Thrifty Exclamation

I was just thinking the other day we should all go through our belongings and put up our extra household items & such on e-bay for TigerHomes. I have A LOT OF STUFF - Arts, crafts, bedding, coins, hardware, computers & parts, cell phones, CD's, paintings, sports memorabilia, tools etc etc etc that I have not used in ages and the proceeds could benefit TigerHomes, stating on the items for sale that proceeds will benefit this WONDERFUL non-profit Animal Sanctuary. We all know TigerHomes could use some help now.

I am not sure if you are planning on putting the Backyard Feeder 2006 on e-bay, but it would certainly be golden. In all the time I have looked at Videos and nature pieces, I have never seen anything the quality of the clips you produce. What is more amazing is the low cost of the props and total "discovery" without any human interference that makes the Videos priceless. I am sure it is the hours and hours spent editing that take the dedication of a true love. Your passion for wildlife comes shining through.

This is going to be awesome I have NO DOUBT Exclamation
THANK YOU Wink

Ace
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Zach's DVD ROCKS!!! Reply with quote
Hehe... these are very nice posts to see on my day off! Very Happy Very Happy Of course, they were posted a few days ago, and I'm still kind of late posting back to it, buuuuut...

vlad wrote:
OMG OMG OMG Exclamation
If you purchased Zach's DVD -- you are in for such an AWESOME TREAT! Cool Very Happy This DVD is professional, chock-full of animal lovers' eye-candy, at times humorous and extremely creative and entertaining from beginning to end.

Quote:
The many FANTASTIC close-up shots of the featured animals are gorgeous, crystal clear, and presented in vivid color. I could see every hair or feather on each animal's body, look directly into their eyes and listen to the crazy sounds that they make. When I wasn't listening to the sounds of nature -- I got to enjoy sequences which were accompanied by great music!

Hehe... thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm glad that you liked it Very Happy - and I will definitely be making more when I can! My season for this year is set to start in March if all's willing, so hopefully this year will be even more exciting than last year's project! And like I've said many times, I can't wait for June again so I can do more raccoon shots! Very Happy And of course, I love listening to the crazy sounds too... Smile
Quote:
Because the backyard visitors' were undisturbed, many of their natural behaviors, including some fascinating and entertaining interactions were captured. There are some spectacular treats for bird-watchers, and I was delighted to see one of my very favorite birds featured!

Thanks again! Smile I forget if you've mentioned before, but what kind of bird is that? I tried to show off as many birds as I could!
Quote:
Do you know what noises skunks make Question I didn't until now. There were two caught interacting, and I think those two fluff-balls were having a full-blown conversation with each other. AND I have to say that I never appreciated what beautiful animals they are until now.

They're not usually thought of as beautiful animals, but they really are - all of those skunk shots I was very lucky to tape, as they were all shot on the last day of my June vacation last year - I didn't even know I recorded the skunk "conversation" until mid-July when I watched the entire reel of footage from that night I taped back for archiving! (I kind of had other reasons for not watching that specific reel back earlier, but you'll have to see the DVD to figure out why Very Happy ) That's one reason I love to just leave the tape rolling - otherwise, you might miss something cool like that!
Quote:
Oh, and the DVD includes ANOTHER animal that you haven't seen before -- at least not live! Can't tell you more, because you'll just have to get your own! Confused

Hehe... I'm not tellin' either... Very Happy
Quote:
Zach, you are owed a GREAT BIG THANK YOU for giving us the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of your labor and for generously sharing your considerable talent with us nerds in the forum when you have "come up for air" (see link below). Spoiled, lucky, etc. -- we are all of these things because of those who choose to take the time to share their talent, right here in the forum!
This was some really serious eye-candy -- MANY MANY THANKS, and I sure hope you'll keep making these! (And letting us nerds know when you do!)

You're welcome!! I will most definitely announce my latest productions to all of you nerds! (and of course, I'm always looking for more interesting Lemur shots for the other thread Smile) I'm working on one other thing right now, but it's a still pic -

Right now in the "off" season, I've been working on a collage print of pictures from the last 8 years of my Backyard Bag Feeder Project -

I took the final edit to a local Sam's Club's Photo Center yesterday to get a 8x12 print of it and it looks amazing! I'm thinking of offering that soon too, if anyone's interested in a copy! Smile I'm also thinking of expanding it to a much larger poster with many, many more little pictures on it... but more on that as I have time to work with it...

I'm also working on an interesting camera project that'll hopefully let me get even more exotic animals on camera!

ace1fan wrote:
t~e - Count me in (2) - one for moi' and one for a dear friend. I will PM you the details. What a great way to cover your costs & raise some $money$ for TigerHomes Cool
Nifty & Thrifty Exclamation

That's what I thought too! I get some and can give a little extra back... I think I'm going with 1.50/disk going to TigerHomes for now - it's a nice way to pay TH back for my apparent lemur obsession! Smile

I think what I'm going to do here is - if anyone on the TigerHomes boards wants to buy a copy, please leave me a PM. I have an e-mail address set up for interested people, and no actual "online checkout" service yet, but since everyone on here can PM back and forth, that would be even more convenient for those who are on here that want one! Right now, I'm asking for $12, which includes the postage!
Quote:
I am not sure if you are planning on putting the Backyard Feeder 2006 on e-bay, but it would certainly be golden.

I've never thought of that, but that is a good idea! I should look into that!

Quote:
In all the time I have looked at Videos and nature pieces, I have never seen anything the quality of the clips you produce. What is more amazing is the low cost of the props and total "discovery" without any human interference that makes the Videos priceless. I am sure it is the hours and hours spent editing that take the dedication of a true love. Your passion for wildlife comes shining through.
This is going to be awesome I have NO DOUBT Exclamation
THANK YOU Wink

Sure - thank you again, and you're welcome! It definitely is a true love to have kept up with it, this year being the ninth year for my Feeder Project - that's especially funny to remember 60% of the way through setting everything back up for the year how I haven't gone completely insane yet with the whole thing - Smile but I do love working on these videos! I hope that everyone who buys the DVD enjoys it also!! Smile

t~e... er... Zach... Very Happy
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks again! I forget if you've mentioned before, but what kind of bird is that? I tried to show off as many birds as I could!

Blue Jays! Very Happy Cool Such amazing little devils. We were able to rescue one from some feral cats this summer.

Arrow Blue Jay Rescue
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Blue Jays! Reply with quote
vlad wrote:
Blue Jays! Very Happy Cool Such amazing little devils. We were able to rescue one from some feral cats this summer.

Ah! Very cool!! I have a lot more Blue Jay clips that aren't on the disk (they were pre-2006 clips, so they didn't work for a 2006-only DVD) that I'll put links to some day... right now, I'm going to rest for work... again... Smile

t~e
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
could it be possible to put the dvd on a psp?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote
I'm not sure - interesting question! I'm pretty sure I could compress it into a video format the PSP could use, but I'm not sure how I'd get it onto the actual PSP... either I'd need some way to stick it on to a Memory Stick or have some way for you to download it and put it on the stick yourself... I can't burn UMDs (I don't think there is a burner for them, is there?) and I've never formatted anything for PSPs before (iPods, but not PSPs) - so my answer to that is... maybe? Smile

I'll do some compression tests and write back when I have an example to try for the PSP-usability test - you'll have to download the video and put it on to the Memory Stick yourself to test it out, then let me know if it works or not...

I'll be back!
t~e
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a psp and a memory stick.

I was thinking what if I could watch from any where at any time like for example if I am at school or somewhere with a my wireless internet browser built (That I use sometimes for topics or replys in this forum) in I could download any videos you guys make or any news.

What would you do if you had a Psp?

I tryed it earlier on a different website.

I don't know how they did it?

Heirs a link to where I downloaded from. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5394471344173165567
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, it looks like those files are just standard .mp4 video files, which is similar to the files that iPods use... try this one out and see if it works on your PSP - it was compressed with iPod settings, so it's not the exact same as a PSP file, but they may be similar, so it's at least a good start for testing...

Arrow Who's that (MP4 Video File) - if it downloads as WhosThat.mp4.txt, just rename it to WhosThat.mp4 - it should at least open up in Windows Media Player (or QuickTime), so you can test that the video itself works before throwing it on the PSP.

Let me/us know if that works! Smile
t~e
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The formating won't be a big problem for me.

That one I couldn't save to my computer but it does not matter if I didn't get it I still have other tiger Video clips.

Thank you!

Barbary Lion
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure why, but it didn't download right for me either... hmm... ah, well - if you have a DVD ripping program, you can combine that program with the one (I thought I saw you mention before that you had a program that could convert formats, but I could be wrong) that converts video to PSP, and that way, you could put the DVD on a PSP... that would probably be the easiest way to do it if you'd still like to try that...

t~e
Barbarylion
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This progam can't rip dvds that is copyright protected.

But it would have been cool to watch it at school.

Thanks again!

Barbary Lion
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry I forgot to write back on this Very Happy

My disc isn't made with copyright protection (like Macrovision/CSS/etc.) enabled - it's just DVD-Video compliant... It's copywritten, it just isn't produced with the copyright protection that most commercial DVDs use. To make discs like that, you have to pay Macrovision a commission... it's still PSP rippable... or it should be...

t~e
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Webcam Snapshots & Member Art All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: