Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Locked Posts

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animalfan
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Locked Posts Reply with quote
Why is it that some posts are locked, or, cannot be replied to? Just curious, there have been a few I wanted to respond to but couldn't.

Thanks!

P.S. Where have Loki and Tundra been? Missed them today =(
Cheetah
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Animalfan! i see you've found the locks. sometimes the mods lock the post because there is something important they don't want responded to because they think the converstation has gone on long enough. So don't worry! Wink but we love to hear what you say!

Oh, By the way everyone, It's me Cheetahlover13! I'm back. I had to make a new account. *Sigh* but at least i'm back. =D
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi animalfan! Very Happy
Here is the thread that should explain about locked posts.

READ ME: Forum Tips, Guildlines, and Updates
Arrow Locked Topics / Adding Relevance to Older Topics

So sorry to hear that you had to set a new account Cheetah, but I'm very happy to see you back. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Locked Posts Reply with quote
animalfan wrote:
Why is it that some posts are locked, or, cannot be replied to? Just curious, there have been a few I wanted to respond to but couldn't.

Thanks!

P.S. Where have Loki and Tundra been? Missed them today =(

Keykey and Cheetah are exactly right. With the increase in spamming -- it has become especially important not to leave old threads unlocked. But that doesn't mean that you can't post a new/old topic and start a conversation back up again -- especially if you have new information.

Just cut & paste the web address of the topic you wanted to respond to into you post and continue the conversation. We are always interested in what our fellow nerdmates have to say. Also, if you notice that a topic is locked -- and think that it should not have been, please send me a PM.

I see your questions about the white tigers was answered in another thread. Here's a link to a thread in "Dave's Updates" discussing the White Tiger habitat:
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=800

Below is a link to the discussion that took place in "Your Favorite Sanctuary Tigers."
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1114&sid=a7bd2968adb0c9c5c9a868cdc386cdbc

Its great to see you diving in & reading & posting Very Happy Cool -- we look forward to hearing more from you. Also, don't hesitate to let me know if you need help with anything.

Val

animalfan
Baby Iguana
Baby Iguana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Val!

What threw me off was that for some reason the date of those posts say 2006... so I thought I was reading some old information. How do I know if it's a recent post?

>^..^<
Sandi
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Animalfan,

Sorry I'm so slow getting back to you (worked late! Confused )

Each post is time & date stamped. For example -- at the top of your post is a time & date stamp.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:34 pm

The icons at the left of each post indicate whether the post has been read, unread, etc. They also show which topics are locked or not. Basically, if a topic is open you can easily reply to to. You have to be logged in to view the status of topics. Also, at the top left of the forums is a link that reads "view posts since last visit." If you click that link, you'll see what has been posted most recently.

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts

This is where we learn & share -- so you can bring up old topics, start new ones, etc. The main thing is to learn & share & have fun together. Smile Cool

I hope I have answered your question & BTW -- we are all a helpful bunch of nerds -- so feel free to put questions out for anyone to answer.

Take Care & Have a Nice Day Exclamation

V

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: