Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hello

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isis993366
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote
Hi everyone, nice to meet all of you animal enthusiasts Very Happy . My name is Tanya and im from Connecticut up in the bitter arctic cold Laughing . I just thought I would finally join the site. I have been watching the big cats for about a week, after finding this site while looking for tiger pictures, and I have gotten some good pictures of them. Hopefully more to come.

I was wondering if you were going to have a 2007 calendar because I am hopefully coming into a little bit of money when they send me a tax refund and i really wanted to donate some and get a calendar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the Tigerhomes Forum Tanya! Reply with quote
Hi Tanya & Welcome to the Forum Exclamation

Glad that you decided to join us! Very Happy

Those cams are really addicted aren't they? During the winter months, I greatly look forward to weekends, hot coffee & TIGER WATCHING! Cool

I haven't heard anything about a 2007 Calendar, but I've got to tell you that sanctuary is in a bit of a crisis at this time -- and Tigerdave is asking all of us to help out if we can. So I have no doubt that any donation that you make will be greatly appreciated!

Here's a link to the thread & please feel free to participate.
Arrow URGENT -- Support for Tigerhomes -- Donations Needed!

Also, here's a link to the Gift Shop:
Arrow Tigerhomes Gift Shop

A warm welcome to you Tanya, and we look forward to hearing more from you, as well as getting to know you better. Very Happy Cool

Warm Regards,

V

P.S. Don't heistate to ask for help if you need it. We are a friendly bunch and always happy to help new members.

ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Welcome Isis Reply with quote
Hi Isis and WELCOME TO TIGERHOMES Cool Thanks for joining, we are always so glad to have people sign in who share in our love for the animals Exclamation Years, or days or hour go by - here it doesn't matter, EVERYONE is WELCOME, and that show of support is appreciated and needed Exclamation

As for TigerHomes Cams ~ AWESOME ~ aren't they Question We will wait to see if you have a picked a FAV or EVER can Twisted Evil

For the 2007 TigerHomes Calendars, they simply did not have the funds to print a version for publication this year Sad HOWEVER, most digital cam software comes with a Photo Calendar option and you can import any of your "My Picture" files to make your own. I made one for myself Wink

Right before the Holidays, Dave did get in a small shipment of TigerHomes t-shirts which may be still be available for a small donation to cover costs. You could check with him directly by PM (Private Message) see our Member profile list to check. Several other items - DVDs (filmed at TigerHomes, Glossy Animal Photos, TigerHomes Hats (NEW Idea ), Adoption Certificates, Mouse Pads, Capuccino Cups, etc. are available in the Gift Shop. 100% of all proceeds are used towards the needs of the animals at the Sanctuary and to cover the website costs, so any visit to the Gift Shop really helps support TigerHomes.

Arrow http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/shop.cfm

OK - "Artic Blast" - burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Shocked
Let us know if you need anything at all ~ there are LOTS of folks here who will be GLAD TO HELP
Very Happy

Ace

Whoops - I posted at the SAME TIME with Val Razz so you see
YOU ARE REALLY WELCOME ISIS... Look forward to hearing from you Exclamation
Isis993366
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, the cams are very, very addicting. I dont think I will ever be able to pick just one favorite though. Marcan, Loki, and Tundra seem to be my favorites right now. And i finally got to see Sherikon today too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Better & Better Reply with quote
Very Happy Cool Laughing Razz Exclamation

I am so excited for you Isis - just to think of you seeing Sherikon for the very FIRST TIME Wink You already know the animal's names & each one has their own personality and habits.

Everyday just gets better & BETTER Exclamation

Hope you fall in love with each one of them Wink

Ace
tigerfreak99
King Nerd
King Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, hope you packed for a long stay Surprised
So stand in the rain Stand your ground Stand up when it's all crashing down You stand through the pain You won't drown And one day, whats lost can be found You stand in the rain ~Superchic[k]~-~Stand in the Rain~
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Tanya,

I sent you a PM & hope that it answers your questions. Those were great questions by the way & thanks so much for asking. Cool Very Happy

Don't be afraid to dive right in & join the discussions. We all had to learn as we went along.

ENJOY Exclamation

Val

keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Isis! Very Happy
Hope to see more in here... enjoy!

eris
Field Mouse
Field Mouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome Isis! I saw you found this site looking for tiger pictures. I discovered this site looking for leopard pictures and information......and I'm so glad I found it! Everyone here is really nice and you can learn a lot and have fun. Very Happy
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the TigerHomes boards, Tanya! I haven't heard anything about a 2007 calendar yet... It'd be cool if there were blank do-it-yourself calendars available - then it wouldn't matter what month you start it from!

t~e
...most likely over the "daily posts limit" with all of the welcome posts I've written in the last 20 minutes Smile
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: No Worries... Reply with quote
taburineagle wrote:
...most likely over the "daily posts limit" with all of the welcome posts I've written in the last 20 minutes Smile

There's no limit on welcoming people. That limit was set only because at one point, people were responding to posts in each & every topic, each & every day in order to quickly move up in rank. There were also people who treated the forum like a chat room (we have a Random Chat thread for chatting! Cool ). And the posts that were being made didn't add to the forum -- they were just replies for the sake of replying. Now the forum is much more mellow & it is truly a joy to log in and see what my fellow nerds have to say! Smile Very Happy Cool

I don't think you have to worry about that t~e. Never thought about it -- but if lots of people join on the same day -- that doesn't leave much room to make posts. That being said -- I wouldn't count greeting new members toward the daily limit.

Hope that is helpful & makes sense.

V

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: