Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hello

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eris
Field Mouse
Field Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote
Hi. I just registered and wanted to say hello. I learned about this site a few months ago while searching for information on leopards. I saw an amazing National Geographic show called, "Eye of the Leopard" and have been really interested in learning about leopards ever since. I'm really glad I found this site and have learned a lot.
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A Warm Welcome to the forum eris! Very Happy
This is the BEST site to LEARN and have FUN. Razz Cool Very Happy
"Eye of the Leopard" I don't think I've seen that one, but it sounds very interesting.
Hope you'll come and join us more often.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey there, Eris. I also saw that show and, as you say, it was fantastic. It followed the first 3 years in the life of a leopard cub in Botswana, Africa. Checked the National Geographic web site and they don't show that it will be on again, though. Such a shame because it really was beautiful.

Welcome - this is a great place for learning about all the exotic animals Exclamation
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
welcome Eris to our forum !!!!

And of course I saw that show and it was one of the best Leopard show and story i have seen in a while !!!

NG. RULES !!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Eris! Razz
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome eris....... Very Happy I am very pleased to see your post. It's always great to hear from some of the people we just KNOW have visited but haven't yet met. As you've already discovered.....leopards are WAY COOL! OK.....all the cats, really, but there is just something about leopards (to my thinking anyway) that makes them just that little bit more mystical or elusive or......??well, SOMETHING anyway....! Very Happy

I saw that beautiful show too Exclamation Laughing Maybe if all of us keep an eye out for it we'll be able to find out if/when it will show again. For those of us who didn't get the chance, ya know? It is well worth watching......I'd like to see it again. Shall we? And YES Exclamation NatlG has some AWESOME animal docs. Cool

Anyway, WELL MET Exclamation eris. Sure hope to hear more from ya............ Smile Idea

snowlady444
King of the Jungle
King of the Jungle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Eris!
Welcome to the forum! Hope to see more posts, and if you are anything like us it will become your home away from home! Laughing Enjoy!
SnowLady444
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Welcome Eris Reply with quote
Hello Eris & WELCOME to TIGERHOMES Very Happy Cool Razz Wink

I want to join in to say I am glad you found us ~ everyday holds a new adventure and you will love watching the animals on the Cams. This is a wonderful place to learn about the animals.

Tigerhomes Sanctuary has two African Leopards - male is Sampson, a beautiful spotted Leopard and Midnight, a black Leopard who is 2 YEARS OLD TODAY Exclamation They are placed side by side now to get acquainted.
Hopefully one day we will seem them together.

Enjoy exploring the Forum and the threads for all the animals. Please let us know if you have any questions at all. It will be nice to have a chance to learn more about you & your love for the animals, especially the LEOPARDS Twisted Evil

Ace
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: A Warm Welcome to a Leopard Lover! Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Eris! Very Happy

Nice to make your acquaintance. Smile Thanks for sharing about the National Geographic show on leopards -- wish I'd seen it. I do hope that it runs again at some point, maybe later in the year or the summer. It sounds as if it would be well worth waiting to see.

I've always been a fan of the wild kitties, as have most of us -- so you're in good company here. And as you have already discovered, there are definitely other members who are HUGE fans of leopards. In fact, we're up a discussion on almost ANY animal or environmental concern -- so please feel free to join in on the discussions.

~~

FUN with Leopards Cool
My guess is that you already got to check out the leopard information in the educational pages Arrow Arrow Sampson - African Leopard
By: Jason Abels – Assistant Director www.tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary

We also played Leopard Trivia awhile back: Arrow LEOPARD TRIVIA - 20 Questions

And we've been having a blast participating in "Describe the Letter with a Word" -- an idea that Keykey came up with and which she and Ace do together: Arrow Describe the "LETTER" with a "WORD"!

We just finished with Sampson and can't wait to see the really cool slide show that "Describe the Letter with a Word" customarily ends with for each animal! Arrow SAMPSON's WORD PICTURES

These are just a few things -- there is MUCH MORE! Mr. Green

~~

As you've probably already figured out, we are a friendly bunch & we have lots of fun here, and the learning is endless -- SO ENJOY Exclamation Very Happy Cool

Warm Regards,

Val

P.S. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have questions or if there is anything I can help you with.

Last edited by vlad on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
eris
Field Mouse
Field Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Wow. Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Everyone here seems really cool. It will be nice to have people to talk to about all the animals at TigerHomes that are really interested. I think my friends that haven't checked out this site yet, are getting sick of me going on and on about all the animals. Embarassed LOL.

Thanks again,

Victoria (Eris)

p.s. Can I mail a check for a donation or can you only use credit cards? I used my check card last time, but I'd rather not use it online.
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Answer to your question Reply with quote
Quote:
Everyone here seems really cool. It will be nice to have people to talk to about all the animals at TigerHomes that are really interested. I think my friends that haven't checked out this site yet, are getting sick of me going on and on about all the animals.

Good Morning Eris Very Happy ,

ROFL Exclamation You just brought back memories for me. That is EXACTLY what happened to me. I know at least one person who was relieved -- not to have to continuously listen to me talk about animals! Cool Laughing

~~

Quote:
Can I mail a check for a donation or can you only use credit cards? I used my check card last time, but I'd rather not use it online.

That's a good question, and one that was asked very recently by another member. Yes you can send them a check. Smile I don't know if you are already a PayPal user -- but that is also great way to pay for things without having to put your credit card info. online! Tigerhomes takes PayPal.

Here's the mailing info.:

~~

The mailing address is a P.O. Box:

http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/shop.cfm

Tiger Sanctuary, Inc.
P.O. Box 700846
Miami, FL 33170-0846

One of the many reasons that I don't hesitate to support Tigerhomes... Very Happy

100% of all contributions go toward the Care of the Animals, Maintenance of the Sanctuary and Internet Services.

I hope this answered your question...

Best Regards,

V

Last edited by vlad on Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Angrod Saralonde
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, Eris Exclamation Smile Wink
7 days to the poison
And a place in heaven
Time drawing near as they come to take us

by Nightwish - "7 Days to the wolves"
Infernitigris
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi ho eris Very Happy
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Eris! Welcome to the TigerHomes boards!

Sorry I'm a little late with the welcome... like usual... Smile
t~e
GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI eris, i hope that you will enjoy here on TH!!!
Here is the right place to learn with us nerds Very Happy although i cant call my self a nerd here im not online to much Sad and that is the worst thing that could happend to me , i dont have internet at home right now Sad

WHell enjoy and dont be stranger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Welcome - Meet New Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: