Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

No Declawing the Big Cats!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: No Declawing the Big Cats!!! Reply with quote
Arrow A Declaration of War - Real Sanctuaries Do Not Declaw
(Source: Thunderhawk Big Cat Rescue Web Page)

This was such a passionate and heartfelt plea posted on a sanctuary website after a lion apparently lost its life from corrective surgery performed to relieve the animal of the tremendous pain it was in from being declawed -- that I just had to share it. Thunderhawk's message is eloquent in its simplicity, in this expression of complete outrage over man's selfish and unnecessary mutilations of these magnificent top predators (the big cats). While I don't believe you can interact with these animals on a constant basis without eventually getting mutilated yourself -- I do believe that when we force these animals into a life of captivity, the least we can do for them is to allow them to remain LOCKED & LOADED!

~~

Quote:
My heart is broken, and my soul ripped apart; I just held a beautiful lioness in my arms as she died. As I felt her last breath and her soul leave her body, a large part of my heart went with it. She gave up a hard fight; tired of the pain from a horrible declawing 'operation'. Our fine veterinary staff tried to correct the destruction, but it was just too much for her. We lost a beautiful being because of some human's selfishness and stupidity.

If you need to alter these magnificent beings in order to be around them, you should NOT be around them at all. If you are incapable of handling them the way that the Creator made them, then you have no right to mutilate them due to your lack of capabilities. If you are so afraid of them that you have to butcher them, and take their weapons just so that you can feel safer, then you are indeed a coward and the lowest of low.

I have 400, 500, 600, and 700 pound tigers and lions that have their paws all over me all day, and there are no accidents with claws. All the years that I have been caring for these beings, I have never had a serious injury due to claws. I will gladly share my techniques with anyone who is willing to learn. I am sick and tired of seeing crippled and even worse cats due to declawing mutilations. How can anyone say that they love these beings and still butcher them in that way? They are liars and blame it on insurance requirements. They are liars and cowards if they cannot deal with them the way that the Great Spirit intended, and should stay away from the cats.

STOP THIS CRUELTY!!! THIS MUST END!!

To the Great Beastmasters out there: They can come get in a cage with me, if they want to see what a true Warrior is like.

Hoka Hey!

Thunderhawk

Last edited by vlad on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
If you need to alter these magnificent beings in order to be around them, you should NOT be around them at all. If you are incapable of handling them the way that the Creator made them, then you have no right to mutilate them due to your lack of capabilities. If you are so afraid of them that you have to butcher them, and take their weapons just so that you can feel safer, then you are indeed a coward and the lowest of low.

AMEN!!!!!!
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And yes we know Thunderhawk and he so right DO NOT DECLAW CATS !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: