Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

TIGERFANS WEBSITE (Link & About Profiles)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have just been over to visit the fan site which I must admit I don't go as often as I should do and I see nameless has posted on the forum there and I feel I had to come here to let everyone know that they have started a new topic entitle slow death and I must with great regret feel that if people from here or anywhere else on the Net don't do something to uplift the membership and profiles then it is a disgrace for all the hard work that tigerallied(Alex) and Hazel put into the site.

So once again please any Fans of Tigerhomes which I'm sure there are plenty go and visit the Fans special site and show your interest in becoming a member and adding a profile.

Once again here is a reminder of the site address :-

http://tigerfan.50webs.com/

So please people that have meant to go and for some reason forgot do go there now and any new members that have not seen it before go and visit and see how great a job tigerallied and hazel did on the creation of this fantastic site Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Don't let what nameless said become true it must not become a site that is having a slow death I for one won't let it
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sorry for the rant here but I feel after all the hard work which went into creating this special site then it should not just be ignored and everyone needs to get involved PLEASE
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Sue. I posted there and maybe this will help understand why there is very little website traffic (visitors). What Tigerfan is experiencing is no different than what most young websites go through. It's always a frustrating process in the beginning.

Thanks for encouraging more members to help Alex's project. I suggested more posts in the forum besides "Slow Death" -- I know that people will say "Well we need PEOPLE to make new topics, etc" but you may have to kickstart the process by posting topics yourselves. If there's no chatter happening then new visitors will be less inclined to post, etc.
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you so much Alex & TD for supporting these guys! That means more than you will ever know I'm sure. Both Haze & Alex (TA) worked endless hours on this and we all need to show our appreciation for their hard work. I do want to stress one point though. By NO MEANS is anyone trying to take away anything from TH and that actually is what the site is for.....TH Fans and Tiger Fans alike! A place where you can go and chat until your heart is content . .lol. Rolling Eyes That's all show these guys some support, myself included, and show them that their hard work and dedication IS apprecitated! The Kitty Has Spoken!! LOL! Rolling Eyes Cool Razz
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitty24 wrote:
I do want to stress one point though. By NO MEANS is anyone trying to take away anything from TH and that actually is what the site is for.....TH Fans and Tiger Fans alike! A place where you can go and chat until your heart is content and your post will not get deleted...well, within reason anyway...lol. Rolling Eyes That's all show these guys some support, myself included, and show them that their hard work and dedication IS apprecitated! The Kitty Has Spoken!! LOL! Rolling Eyes Cool Razz

Thanks Kitty. I think we established the fact that Tigerfan website wasn't taking away anything from TH a long time ago.

What you are stating here sounds great. An unmoderated forum is preferred by some people. It just needs more topics! Very Happy

kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lol...Thank you sweetie...hehe.... I just went and started a new topic to get things started, so hope everyone goes and checks it out. Thanks again guys! Laughing
hazelmharris1
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow i just got to reading this you guys and myself and tigerallied would like to say thankyou to you for your kind words.....they mean a lot to us as you all know and the tigerfan site that we have done means a lot to.....what i said right at the beginning, the reasons why i personally myself wanted to do it they still stand to this day.....what these guys do here is fantastic and they need all the support they can get, and what has been said about the fansite going slow...you are right these things are not going to take off overnight but we are doing something about it. We have had to change the forum to a new look and a new feel and its looking pretty neat, we are sorry for any posts that will be lost on the old forum but you will all like the new forum i can assure you...and there we will get the topics started, but if any of you guys want to go and start one be my guest....dont be shy hehehehe.....anyway im gonna stop going on and here is the link to the new forum.....go and register and enjoy....

http://www.tigerfan.lx.ro/forum/
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by hazelmharris1 on Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:03 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The link won't work for me right now though, I DID see it earlier, right after I got in from work and have to say IT LOOKED AWESOME!!! Well, had a lot to do just getting in so was planning on jumping over there from here on my 'read through' here tonight and don'tchaknow....now I can't GET there(from here Wink Laughing ). I do hope that only means you guys are running some maintenance or updates and it doesn't give anyone a headache or tearing out of hair or anything. Confused I'll be checking back for sure and since I'm facing two whole days off inarow(!) I'll have some time to 'poke around' in there Very Happy Really awesome look to it! Idea
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, Glad you FINALLY get some time off, Laura. Not sure what's wrong with the site right now...I was there about an hour a go and it ws working fine. Only thing I can figure is maybe it goes to sleep when TA (TigerAllied) does...lol Rolling Eyes Razz
hazelmharris1
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK guys, now that link works...our apologies, wwe seemed to have had a bit of trouble with that but now seems to be working ok again...
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Rant & Rave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: