Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

TigerHomes store

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Tigerhomes.org Mission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertnspike
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: TigerHomes store Reply with quote
Hey there. I just wanted to say I got my mug and picture of King today. Both are great. It's a GORGEOUS picture of King. I'll bet it toook a long time and a little cropping to get that shot. Beautiful. The mug is on a rack with others that I've collected from all over the place.

Stop wasting so much paper in the certificate envelopes! Unless someone is donating it to you, you must be using more than 2 reams a year of just blank sheets! Wink Wink

Seriously, Thank you very much. I wish I could afford to send you more. Someday soon, when we get a chance to visit, I'll be able to get DH on the TigerHomes bandwagon. Then I'll be able to give more. I so much appreciate all you do.
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Recycle Reply with quote
LOL you up there bertnspike ^ Uh Oh Embarassed That paper insert & the Adoption Certificates were my contribution 100% Shocked Dave approved the final design & then it was print, print, print & all that jazz. Extra Showcard Stock Cool

Something about keeping the Certificates from getting "wrinked" was the plan. So far - no complaints on that end with the new mailer. Before some people got creases & bent Certificates in the mail.

Bright side Idea Those Adoption Certificates really help the Sanctuary & the animals. Best advice I can offer now & this includes the envelope - please RECYLCE them IF you dont want to keep them for their historical commemorative value Wink

Ace
bertnspike
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Ace..... got another problem now......

I went shopping at the store 2 days ago & I'm not listed in the donations yet. Am I looking too soon?

Thanks...
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Spike! Have you checked out the donations page for the month of May? I just checked and you're listed in there for May 31.
http://tinyurl.com/kdvex Just click on this link and then go to previous month.
The donations page is usually updated within 24 hrs once payment is cleared. Hope this helps you out some! Laughing
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Gift Shop Purchases Reply with quote
Kitty thanks for spotting bertnskike's donation Very Happy That is just great Exclamation Every visit to the Gift Shop means a whole lot to Dave and to the animals.
Food for a Day is an awesome way to help ~ there are lots of hungry mouths to feed everyday~ Exclamation

Like Kitty said donations usually show up within 24 hours. If you do not see your Gift Shop donation listed or have any issues at all with carting out or merchandise deliveries PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE to shoot Alex or Dave an email and they will take care of it right away. One of the most important things we can do is to give members the credit, acknowledgement & THANKS they deserve Wink

It is a good feeling to help Dave with his work & to show our support for TigerHomes' mission. Little by little more people are helping and it really makes a big difference Cool

Ace
bertnspike
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, shoot! That was supposed to be JUNE's donation!

I might just have to do it again now!
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Mission - Increasing Members & Donations Reply with quote
I am brought this post over from the Asiatic Lion thread for reply because it is very important, AND needs an answer - OUR ANSWER.

It started like this....

Dave Wrote:
Quote:
Here some more NEWS for everyone out there !
We have collected a GRAND total of 350.00 for the month of Sept. now that makes me sick !!!
How am i supposed to keep this up ???
Sorry for being off topic but Im sick and VERY depressed about everything !!!

I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER, BUT THERE IS ONE. 2 of my donations made earlier this month still need to be posted:
$200 (10) x Food For a Day @ $20 ea.
$200 toward Fencing (SP Hurricane Repair)

These need to be given to Alex manually to input since checks are mailed and those donations are not automatically seen. That brings the Donation ticker to about $750.00 so far this month, which is a FAR CRY from where we need to be. Even the yearly Cam-Donations to-date, when prorated over a monthly period added to this figure, DO NOT EVEN BEGIN to cover the monthly cost of running the Sanctuary. So yes there still is MAJOR Shortfall in donations needed from members.

What is the answer Question We need more people to support the work being done at the Sanctuary. Plain and simple - folks here in the Forum are generally already making some level of donation if they are not in school or having personal issues (job changes, etc.).

ANSWERS
>Telling our family members, friends and co-workers about THO and the mission of the Sanctuary and how it receives no other funding besides individual donations now is a start.
>e-mail some of your OWN AWESOME pictures to your contacts so they can see the animals as an introductory "e-card" to show them the work being done at TigerHomes.
>Increasing our own donations, if possible
>Looking for ways to "Create Funds", i.e. BVJ's idea to make bookmarkers was an excellent way to raise funds.
>Creating other paper media such as Flyers and getting those in circulation either by print or by email - Hats OFF to our Kelsey (tigerfreak) for taking the lead on this one and publishing 2 SANCTUARY FLYER UPDATES so far!
>If You Adopted an Animal - Renew that Certificate to help feed and care for that animal for another month. Make the Adoption a Monthly one.
>Adopt another TigerHomes' Animal.
>Use TigerHomes Gift Shop Items, Cam-Donation Subscription-Hats-Mousepads-Clocks-Adoption Certificates-Glossies-DVDs etc. as Birthday and Special Occasion presents.
>If you have ideas - either ones that have worked to raise funds for this or other causes; or if you have new ideas - Car Washes, Bake Sales, Raffles etc. share them.
>For first time sponsors ~ SEND SOMETHING ~ even $5 or $10 a month is much better than sitting back and doing nothing or thinking - Someone else will do it - BECAUSE SOMEONE IS NOT~! This is up to each one of us and every SINGLE dollar HELPS. No donation is too small.

Simply put the food bills for the Lemurs cannot even be covered at the current level, much less food for the Big Cats, cams & Data Center Maintenance, Power, Night Lights etc.

This has been a long time struggle trying to find members who will donate. Now finding ones that are willing to help with the Cam Donation in order to see the best interet website with Live Streaming Animal Cams available today since other ways of funding the Sanctuary were not forthcoming, and actually want to help WAY BEYOND that level by making donations in addition to helping offset the cost of the Cams.

Any Zoological facility Animal Specialty Entity has an Admission fee, normally sessions for many of their events are an additional cost. A trip here to Monkey Jungle, Miami Metro Zoo, Miami Seaquarium, Flamingo Gardens, Butterfly World, Lion Country Safari etc will run 2 Adults with one child in excess of $100 per visit. These are "FOR PROFIT" entities, mostly funded by public attendance. Now that is for ONE DAY, ONE TRIP, ONE TIME. Tigerhomes Cams at $49.99 per year is less that 14 cents a day and it is a year round membership, 7 days a WEEK, 365 days a YEAR.

It has been very hard for me to understand the general responses by so many of the members showing their lack of financial support. We have said many times if EVERYBODY would just chip in a LITTLE it would add up to a LOT. Loyalty to a cause is part of being part of the Sanctuary AND part of helping Dave take care of these animals. The animals at TigerHomes are in safe haven with shelter and food and medical attention with or without us.

Dave made the decision over 8 years ago now to choose to share these animals with us while at the same time TRYING to educate the world as to the conservation issues that surround them and us; all while building with his own hands one of the finest animal Sanctuaries in the United States.

It is an amazing undertaking. Amazing more that we have a group of people who DO CARE and WHO WILL HELP. So let's get together and put on our thinking caps to try to see if we can do a little bit more to help energize that Donation Level. If we can give this our ALL and the same loyalty, love and dedication Dave gives to the animals and to us, we will find a way

Ace
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Tigerhomes.org Mission All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: