Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Forum Help Open Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiger902
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, here's the thing. I've just switched to the Opera browser because i was getting tired of Firefox. Are there parts of this site that y'all know of that i may have trouble viewing/accessing?
Xander
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Tiger902,

I think I remember Tigerallied mentioning that he used Opera. You may want to ask him what his experience has been...

V

Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're absolutely right Vlad. I remember Tigerallied talking about using Opera. I hope we hear from Tigerallied and if he would recommend using Opera. Maybe he has some tips.

The webcam page has not been tested on our end using Opera. It's okay using Firefox but best results tend to happen using recent versions of Internet Explorer.

FYI -- Firefox seems to load the page quickly but there is a green background that will appear just inside the normal green border as you view the cams. This probably has something to do with IFRAME tag for any NERDS that want to know why that happens.
Zucho
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you mean internet explorer 7 beta version ?I heard its great
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Zucho -- cool name and cute dog and WELCOME to the forum. I saw you made an appearance inside Meet New Members but missed the chance to say "HI" Very Happy

Okay, actually I have no idea if REALLY, REALLY new versions of IE will be okay but I'm sure they will be fine. I was mainly referring to 6 - 6.0.2 etc.

Can't wait to see IE 7 !

CYA Very Happy
Zucho
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea i just downloaded beta it has nice new look and should be much faster then firefox
tigerallied

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey tiger902

I didn;t actualy have problems with opera - only on the cams the camera is a bit diferent from IE and it allways says lion - but that is not a problem

other then that i don't actualy remeber haveing any problems or diferences Very Happy
imashell
African Leopard
African Leopard

Location: Illinois, Watching 700 lbs of tiger hiding in 8" of grass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speaking of IE7...I was reading that the developers were having some compatability issues with some sites. Is anyone having problems? What with my PC snafus latesly...don't need IE to foul up! Wink

Stupid questions are a cure for Ignorance! An annoying cure sure, but... Very Happy
tiger902
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey y'all, thanks for your help on the Opera issue. As far as IE7, i haven't had any problems whatsoever with it. I really like the new design. However, keep in mind that a narrow range of sites visited may lead to inaccurate information on my part. Bugs are bound to be found (lol Microsoft- that's so like them). Anyways, i think it should all be good as far as standard usage. Happy Browsing!
Xander
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks tiger902 for getting this discussion going. I see Tigerallied provided a screenshot -- COOL! Smile Tigerallied rocks.

I'm test driving IE 7 as well -- I learn something new in this forum every time I come here! So far I do like the TAB idea and am learning the shortcuts right now. I haven't seen any issues yet with any websites I surf but it's too early to tell.

I do notice a slight decrease in page load time but maybe that's my imagination. I'll have to read more and see what other improvements they added.

EDIT a few minutes later... IE 7 is running great and I think pages are loading faster! I hate to admit this but I'm liking it better than Firefox so far. I'm having some issue with "auto fill" related functions when I fill out forms but that could just be something I'm doing wrong. I'm not a big fan of Windows or Microsoft as a whole, but IE7 is looking very promising.

imashell
African Leopard
African Leopard

Location: Illinois, Watching 700 lbs of tiger hiding in 8" of grass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I've dl'd 7 and so far so good. The tabs are better than the tabs on the old MSN toolbar. I think the pages do load faster, but it is hard to tell if it is the new PC or the software. I don't have any "add-ins" at this point except for the Phishing filter which I had before. I'm going to look into them. I'm looking forward to the RSS feeds, hopefully seeing them will teach me how to use them. Right now I just find them confusing. I have a "conceptual confusion" with the word "syndication" and I think that is the wrong way to think of them. I've read the explanation but the mind refuses to absorb it. (sort of like Math, yuck, phooey, bleh Exclamation )

IE 7 certainly is a far cry from Netscape's tab browser. With that one, if I had a cam site the updated every 60 seconds, it opened the tab when a new shot came up, whether I wanted it or not. Maddening when you were trying to read something! With Foxfire, a lot of the sites I visited had to be opened in IE anyhow so half the time I had 2 browsers running Exclamation Kind of a waste of memory.

I've run a couple of obscure searches today, just for test purposes, but so far no problem. Haven't tried to open Planetside which is in the UK, but even that should be no problem. A lot of people visit that site. I think the folks who are going to have the worst time are those who have personal pages on small servers.

I know I'm off topic. Sorry I don't know anyone who uses Opera. Isn't that a Linux browser? I know there was something about it that I couldn't use it on my machine. Confused

Stupid questions are a cure for Ignorance! An annoying cure sure, but... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: