Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Location of the sanctuary

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazelmharris1
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Location of the sanctuary Reply with quote
Hello everybody,,,,,,We come across this question on the forum very often...Where is the sanctuary located?...well i have found the answer for all you nerds...

Today i made a very exciting discovery, i recently got google earth onto my computer and woweee its fantastic...so i thought i would have a look to see if i could find the Tigerhomes sanctuary,,hehe thought this is gonna be easy...well it wasnt,,,anyway all my hard work and sore eyes paid off because 3 hours later...yes 3 hours i FOUND it and boy was i happy....for all you people who are thinking well is it really the sanctuary...the answer is YES....and how do i know that?...well just take a look at the pic and work it out for yourself....

I am so excited about this....a lot of us would love to go to the sanctuary and cant...and i am one of those people...well this is one way that we can visit every day...and of course there is the cams which are truly truly awesome....

Well i will stop rambling now and put the pic on for you all to see....it surely is off the beaten track...down in Miami....South Florida...ENJOY...

without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is awesome Hazel Exclamation Thanks for sharing.
hazelmharris1
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad you like it....and i couldnt wait to share it...i love that pic kinda makes it all feel closer somehow now we know where it is and can see it like that.... Very Happy
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gloria2
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes - Thanks for sharing - that is soooo clever!
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hazel - don't give up hope - maybe one day you will get to visit TigerHomes in person. It is great that people want to know the location of the Sanctuary on a physical map but fact is there is a much better way to visit than any aerial view posted right here on TigerHomes "Mission Statement" page:

The Sanctuary Video
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/about.cfm
Broadband:
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/sanctuary-videos/sanctuary-video.cfm
Dial-Up:
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/sanctuary-videos/sanctuary-video-low.cfm

BTW the Sanctuary does not advertise its location and is NOT open to the public for very good reason - the protection & privacy of the animals. Can you believe that with information like this people are actually rude enough to drive up unannounced and HONK Exclamation Got Tigers Question Well you can imagine just how far they get Evil or Very Mad Now I am sure this thread was NOT posted to draw this attention, but sadly that is the state of the world these days.

Funny people want to see it on a map to "get close to it" when we all have access to live streaming cams from INSIDE Cool

Also, any volunteers are far and few between - hand-picked and even then very rare. The animals have peace & quiet here they can find no other place in the world. That's what makes TigerHomes the best and it is best to keep it that way Idea

Ace
suack
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hazel thats fantastic that you spent all that time and actually found the place that is dedication for you Laughing Laughing And as you say its the nearest a lot of us is ever likely to get to the sanctuary so will treasure the picture in my TH file.

One question for ace or alex that video of the sanctuary which is so lovely and the music so relaxing how come it cant be downloaded on to my computer but only watched when I am on line or is there a good reason for this??????? Just asking as would love to have it to watch when ever I feel down hehe
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, and have to agree with Ace on this one, guys! Not ONLY for the animals privacy, but for the owner as well! As much as he has to deal with already, he doesn't need strangers, or other people for that matter, pulling up in his drive UNEXPECTED! I can FULLY understand that and FULLY RESPECT him for not wanting to advertise this. If you can, imagine someone out one night, "pulling a good one" so to speak Wink Shocked and showing up in the drive honking their horn or whatever and getting all the animals riled up....DEFINITELY NOT A GOOD THING! And this is just my opinion, but if you already know where the sanctuary is located, just keep it to yourself...that would be the best thing for ALL concerned! Laughing And Ace had another good point, we can all see the animals and alot of the sanctuary right here on this website and that should be enough for those of us who may never get to see it in person. I'd hate to see the sanctuary or anyone in jeopardy for any reason and hope I don't offend anyone by posting my opinion and beliefs, but if so....so be it. I love you guys but we should all RESPECT and honor our PLAYDOUGH Baby's wishes! Laughing
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Advance Notice Reply with quote
Hazel - that aerial would be great with a simple edit to remove the longitude & latitude marks & repost. Can you imagine some reved up dude with a caravan of 5 carloads of his closest friends honking at the gate complete with Bar-B-Q Grill, coolers, sound systems and sun tan lotion READY TO PARTY Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation It has happened like that and there is a very good reason the physical location is NOT listed.

Dave has welcomed folks from all walks of life and shown the grounds MANY, MANY times giving folks a first-hand view of the magnificent grounds so they can see the work done there. Of course, he gives directions, sets a time and keeps to a schedule. Remember he lives there Exclamation He is very kind about sharing the beauty there but visits can ONLY be made with arrangements made in ADVANCE Exclamation

Sue - try dropping the Sanctuary Video file on your desktop or saving in your .wmv folder and it should play for you - that is how I saved mine.

Ace
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you everybody !!!

Remember this is also my home and trust me people do come to my gates honking and what to see the tigers and of course I never let them in and just let them sit out there and honk away !!! hehe !!! if we wanted the address to be know it would of course be on our site and yes alex and Jason and cathy will tell you I do let people come here all the time but they contact me first by e-mail and i go back and forth with them an then I set up an appointment and they better be on time if not i don't let them in and I tell them that !!! LOL !!! When people are here it takes a few hours out of my time which i don't mind for the right people J and I do it all the time but i can't begin to tell you about the people that tell us 10 am on sunday and we wait and wait and wait and they don't show up or they come here in the afternoon or they pick up bus load of more people to come when we are thinking one or 2 people so this is a huge problem so that's why no address matter of fact I get no mail here at all it all goes to my moms house or my PO box period !!! And has you can see I am out of the city and on dirt roads with very little streets signs and with an address people still can't find us I alway have to give directions and most of them can't find it even then and I have to go out to a main road to meet them !!! hehe !!! Anyway as you can see this is a huge problem so PLEASE never ever give anyone our address give that our e-mail and have them contact us first and then i will set something up !!!

thank you all for understanding !!!

tigerdave

PS everyone know it's in miami or south Fl but that not good enough you need an address I find that kinda of strange ! hehe !!! That like me knowing you live in Maryland but I still ask where are you located and you say Maryland and i say again where are you located and you say Maryland !!! LOL !!! NO I want the street address!!! LOL !!!! just don't undersand why anyone would need a street number or why I would need a street number much less an arial photo of you house so I would feel closer to you !!! hehe !!! if you think about it like that it will make you start to laugh right ? Mostly since you have 40 cameras on your property and DVDs and Videos to watch and even know what part of the inside of my house looks like and same with Jason and we all know Alex lives in a CAVE !!! hehe !!! You guys crack me up !!! And by the way all Gold Member are invited to come visit but please go about it the right way and not do a google search !!! is there not any privacy anymore what is this world coming to !!! hehe !!!! Maybe I need to google search you all because I don't want to just know what State or what city or country I want your street address to with a floor plain of your house and arial photos and where you work to and a view into your yards and inside your house too !!! LOL !!!

hey just PLAYING with you guys and i want to thank everyone for all you susport and involment in the forum and for being behind us like you are and hold on because we are just getting started !!! hehe !!!

I had fun with this post !!! Laughing !!!

LOVE YOU ALL !!!

once again thank you !!!

tigerdave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kristiemiller79
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice, I love it!! You can have my address...lol. Oh yeah, you already have it. Wink No peeking in my windows you here!!! JK, I've missed all the humor. Miss you all and love the video of the sanctuary.
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK !!! hehe !!! I will not look !!! Razz !!! !!! And by the way we been missing you Kristie too but as you can see we are still out of control and having fun like always and have gain a bunch of new members !!!

Glade to see you back !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kristiemiller79
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I know what you mean about all the new members. I feel like i'm new again as well. WOW, this is great to see tons more people joining together. I know I should be saying this in the meet the fans, but I don't want to jump all over the place so here goes. I want to welcome all the new member that I haven't met yet. I'm Kristie and I've been a member since Aug of last year..(I think) Shocked . The people I've met and the friends I've made, I couldn't ask for anything more. Love you all and I'm back!!! Wink
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: TigerHomes Train...!!!!! Reply with quote
Kristie wrote:

Quote:
Love you all and I'm back!!!

Well sure glad to hear that Exclamation As you can see these GUYS ARE STILL OUT OF CONTROL Exclamation
The TIGERHOMES train just keeps running full throttle but it is better to travel along with everyone on board Exclamation

More fun too Exclamation Twisted Evil Exclamation

Ace
taburineagle
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Found it... sorta. Reply with quote
Interesting... Smile I'm not really looking or anything, but I found it on Google Maps (eventually) also - using the coordinates - you reealy might want to take them off... Shocked I'm not really familiar with the area itself and I wouldn't have noticed that was TH unless someone said so... I still can't see how it is actually, but maybe that's for the better ~ Exclamation Razz

t~e
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> About the Sanctuary & Daily Upkeep All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: